FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
I think you guys are looking at average processing time in a wrong way. A handful of applications get processed in a month, a good number of applications in first four months. So to 'meet' the average criteria, CIC can take upto 9-12 months and overall average will still be less than 6 months!

For example - if one application is processed in 1 month and another in 12 months, then 'average' time to process both applications is 6.5 months. For those of you who say 80% must be processed in 6 months, then see below example -
Mr.X - 30 days, FSW-O USA.
Ms.Y - 45 days, FSW-O USA.
Mr.A - 70 days, FSW-I UK.
Mr.J - 150 days, PNP-O China
Ms.K - 160 days, FSW-O India
Ms.B - 170 days PNP-I Philippines
Mr.V - 175 days, FSW-China
Mr.C - 180 days, FSW-Brazil
Mr.Z - 350 days, PNP-I USA
Mr.H - 450 days, FSW-O China

Average? 178 days.
80% done before 6 months? Yes.

The outliers are so skewed it really doesn't give clear picture and those 20% could face wait for months.
Who said, we have come to a consent. No one really knows...we just keep discussing to while time.

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Who said, we have come to a consent. No one really knows...we just keep discussing to while time.
There isn't any need for anyone to consent to mathematics! The point is to prepare for a long wait because CIC has enough buffer because they have processed many applications before time, in some cases much much before. The 6 month completion for many does not mean a lot.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
There isn't any need for anyone to consent to mathematics! The point is to prepare for a long wait because CIC has enough buffer because they have processed many applications before time, in some cases much much before. The 6 month completion for many does not mean a lot.
My post did not mean disagreement. On the contrary, I agree to your calculations...

My point was, there is no meaning in putting on the Statistical hat. Statistics can predict a trend based on past events and the current scenario is a proof of non-existance of any trends here.

So it's wait and watch game my friend.

Reactions: Adesua

Adesua

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kiev
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Might have been a bit harsh :p I understand your frustration. I just wanted to point out that there`s not much people can do, and CIC is just also doing their job. I think bothering them won't get you far, and might even be counter-productive. Have you requested GCMS? That's the only thing you can check to see if you can pro-actively send something.
Yeah, you're right and I get your point perfectly. Just that there's nothing to send proactively as I found out my file has been approved since 26th Oct.
I ordered GCMS notes on d 5th of November though prior to finding out that file was already approved.

Reactions: Chef-de-Bureau

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I think that's a thought we have to take seriously and plan for. A week of December is basically celebrating Christmas and New Years, so December is only a three week month work wise. I can easily see a lot of us getting PPR's in january instead, and I think everyone should prepare for it :)
Hmmm...when you say prepare for Jan PPRs, one big issue for people like me, from India and the rest of Asia, will be getting their biometrics uploaded on the system! Cuz after 31st Dec, I think everyone will be dragged into the biometrics net :oops: If PPR happens before the end of Dec, we wouldn't have to do that extra formality at least!!!

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Hmmm...when you say prepare for Jan PPRs, one big issue for people like me, from India and the rest of Asia, will be getting their biometrics uploaded on the system! Cuz after 31st Dec, I think everyone will be dragged into the biometrics net :oops: If PPR happens before the end of Dec, we wouldn't have to do that extra formality at least!!!
Not True. If you are from India and if you submit a new application for a visitor visa, study or work permit or for permanent residence on or after 31 Dec 2018, you’ll need to give your biometrics. If you have already submitted an application before this date (and you from India), You don’t need to give your biometrics unless specifically asked for.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Not True. If you are from India and if you submit a new application for a visitor visa, study or work permit or for permanent residence on or after 31 Dec 2018, you’ll need to give your biometrics. If you have already submitted an application before this date (and you from India), You don’t need to give your biometrics unless specifically asked for.
That is such a relief to hear! They created a set of IDs for me, the hubby and our little one with biometric headers stating Not Required Yet on 31st July when the biometric requirement kicked in for visitors from Europe, Africa and the Middle East, so was wondering if they would revoke it and demand we give our fingerprints when the 31st Dec deadline passed...I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you’re right :)

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
That's true.

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
That's true.

I sure hope that’s right! Cuz after 31st July when they created those set of profiles with biometric requirement stating ‘Not required yet’ I’m seriously in 2 minds about whether it will suddenly update to ‘Needed NOW’ after 31st Dec. With CIC, my mindset is ‘Hope for the best, prepare for the worst’ :p

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
I think you guys are looking at average processing time in a wrong way. A handful of applications get processed in a month, a good number of applications in first four months. So to 'meet' the average criteria, CIC can take upto 9-12 months and overall average will still be less than 6 months!

For example - if one application is processed in 1 month and another in 12 months, then 'average' time to process both applications is 6.5 months. For those of you who say 80% must be processed in 6 months, then see below example -

Average? 178 days.
80% done before 6 months? Yes.

The outliers are so skewed it really doesn't give clear picture and those 20% could face wait for months.
What you're calculating is average processing time for all applications.
If we go by your analysis, the result is 100% done before 6 months not 80% done before 6 months as you are calculating average for all the applications you listed.
On the other hand, CIC says they process 80% application before 6 months. Let me rephrase your example

-----------------------------------------------

Total number of applications - 10
Application process within 180 days mark - 8
Application that took more than 180 days - 2
So CIC processed 80% applications within 6 months and 20% are processed beyond that timeline.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
I sure hope that’s right! Cuz after 31st July when they created those set of profiles with biometric requirement stating ‘Not required yet’ I’m seriously in 2 minds about whether it will suddenly update to ‘Needed NOW’ after 31st Dec. With CIC, my mindset is ‘Hope for the best, prepare for the worst’ :p
I am pretty positive we won't need the biometrics. Nevertheles, did you see 1 more member on our Ark??

Reactions: Nishika22