+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hey guys, this is my current status:

AOR June 16.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. (this changed yesterday)
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I think it is the first time it went to Background check, do you guys know where I'm at, and I know it is unpredictable, but how much more would it probably take? :)

Thank you and I wish the best for all of us!
what is your stream?

meenal31

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
I am on IP2 since July 5th 2018, and since than there has been no update in my account. Should I call cic to ask what's happening or am I being impatient over here??. Everyone says that after IP2 the wait is not much long for PPR. Is there any defined timeline. I am a FSW inland applicant .

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
guys I know it has been asked so many times.. just in a nutshell what happens in ip1 and what happens in ip2. and gen how much time application stays in ip2 FSW inland

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,
We filed our EE thru an agent. We received ITA on March 14 and AOR June 12 and MEP July 5.
Last update we have is as below from July 16. We made our RPRF payment on July 16 as well.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical documents- you have passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints.We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My concern is how long does it take to review eligibility criteria?
Has anyone else faced request for more documentation? how long do they take to message you the add'l docs needed?

Since we are thru an agent, we are relied on him to check our account status.
any info on above will be helpful.

Thanks,
AJJ

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
FSW - Federal Skilled Worker
If I look at immitracker average time for Brazillian applicants is 150 days, and average time for FSW outland is 134. So perhaps around that time frame?

I am on IP2 since July 5th 2018, and since than there has been no update in my account. Should I call cic to ask what's happening or am I being impatient over here??. Everyone says that after IP2 the wait is not much long for PPR. Is there any defined timeline. I am a FSW inland applicant .
I think you should wait till more time has passed. The wait after IP2 can easily be several months.

guys I know it has been asked so many times.. just in a nutshell what happens in ip1 and what happens in ip2. and gen how much time application stays in ip2 FSW inland
No one knows what happens in IP1 and IP2, and furthermore IP1 and IP2 might not reflect what is really happening. You have to order GCSM notes to find out the status of your application.

Reactions: Y@$h and Vivu

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Hi All,
We filed our EE thru an agent. We received ITA on March 14 and AOR June 12 and MEP July 5.
Last update we have is as below from July 16. We made our RPRF payment on July 16 as well.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical documents- you have passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints.We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My concern is how long does it take to review eligibility criteria?
Has anyone else faced request for more documentation? how long do they take to message you the add'l docs needed?

Since we are thru an agent, we are relied on him to check our account status.
any info on above will be helpful.

Thanks,
AJJ
No one knows how long it takes. Perhaps a month would be my guess.

What do you mean how long they take to message you the additional documents needed? Have you not received a letter in your account specifying which documents they need?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
ip1
r10 - completeness check, medicals, criminality (recommendation), eligibility (recommendation)

ip2
eligibility (final), criminality (final), security and PPR

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
No one knows how long it takes. Perhaps a month would be my guess.

What do you mean how long they take to message you the additional documents needed? Have you not received a letter in your account specifying which documents they need?
- I mean to ask, how long does IRCC take to inform us the list for add'l docs needed.
No, we didn't receive any letter as yet.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
IP1 - Verifying that all required documents are present, and checking the PCC
IP2 - Checking all application documents e.g. education credentials, employment history, travel history. Also involves an investigation by CSIS/CBSA.

IP1 usually doesn't take more than a couple of days, and may trigger a request for additional documents/re-uploading certain documents. IP2 can take anywhere from a few weeks to more than half a year.

jjlucas

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If I look at immitracker average time for Brazillian applicants is 150 days, and average time for FSW outland is 134. So perhaps around that time frame?

I think you should wait till more time has passed. The wait after IP2 can easily be several months.

No one knows what happens in IP1 and IP2, and furthermore IP1 and IP2 might not reflect what is really happening. You have to order GCSM notes to find out the status of your application.
Hey there, thanks for the reply.

Although I am Brazilian, I am already living in Canada with spouse with worker/student permit... dunno if that makes any difference with the speed of the application, but just as an fyi.

Hopefully it's faster than that.

Thanks!

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
I wish they had some kind of official immitracker where they are the ones who put dates and steps for 100% of the applications. It's terrible to keep checking every day to see most of the info unchanged and never knowing at least an estimate of when we could get our PPR.

Arod

May 15, 2017
A personal question, you can decide to ignore it. It is very surprising for me to see a person with UK citizenship want to leave UK permanently! What made you to leave UK and move to Canada? As far as I know UK has stronger economy, stronger presence in the world politics, social benefits and pays better. As a citizen of a sub continent country I would happily take UK citizenship over Canadian one. I am really curious to know, please don't mind.
Actually this is incorrect.

Canada has a larger GDP per capita and also ranks higher than the UK in most if not all livability indexes. In fact it was ranked #1 in Quality of Life in one of these reports, though this may vary between rankings.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/27/us-news-world-report-10-countries-with-the-best-quality-of-life.html
https://www.usnews.com/info/blogs/press-room/articles/2018-01-23/switzerland-is-the-best-country-in-the-world-says-2018-best-countries-report

In terms of cities the gap is even wider. Canada has three cities in the top 20 for Best Quality of Life with Vancouver being #5, Toronto at 16 and Ottawa at 19. Calgary is at 33.

The highest ranked UK city is London at 42.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_Quality_of_Living_Survey

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I wish they had some kind of official immitracker where they are the ones who put dates and steps for 100% of the applications. It's terrible to keep checking every day to see most of the info unchanged and never knowing at least an estimate of when we could get our PPR.
Me too. I appreciate everyone that has been keeping their cases up to date on immitracker for this reason, but wow, is it difficult to wait between all the different stages when we know that it could be anyway from a few days to a few months!

Reactions: Ronja5200 and Vivu