AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
If PPR was the end of it I would not feel tensed. BUT PPR is just another beginning of another set of challenges ... starting from when to do soft landing ... how to find jobs ... how to take care of no credit history .. find a place to live etc etc. So challenges will get increasingly bigger. I think it will take another 6 months - 1 year to get settled post PPR. So, we have just started. Hopefully, we will be able to support each other post PPR and especially in Canada.
for all those.. i can help you guys on majority of issues... if u need excat info contact me

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hey Tanzee,

I think I'll have to partly disagree with you.

First of all, I think Sweetpotato can quit & move back to home country to await PR (you'll probably have to update your contact details.) Closed work permit is limited to one company (and maybe even 1 position), so changing jobs would not be possible,until you have the Bridging Open work permit. When you travel outside of Canada, your implied status is removed, so you're not able to work anymore (you can return as a visitor if the immigration office is OK with it). When you have the BOWP, you have a valid travel document, so you can travel and return with that permit again.

Hope that helps!
Hi Chef,

I was on implied status for some time during PR processing. Per my understanding if you travel outside during implied status you will lose your implied status- and that means you will become ineligible for PR with your current ITA.

Also, I did say that you can switch jobs AFTER you get the open work permit approved, i.e, you are no longer under implied status- but your status is confirmed!

Do read my response again and you will see that I've said the exact same thing about BWOP ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chef-de-Bureau

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Hi Chef,

I was on implied status for some time during PR processing. Per my understanding if you travel outside during implied status you will lose your implied status- and that means you will become ineligible for PR with your current ITA.

And also, I did say that you can switch jobs AFTER you get the open work permit approved, that is, once you are no longer under implied status- but your status is confirmed.

Do read my response again and you will see that I've said the exact same thing about BWOP ;)
Apologies. I check the forums as a way to start my workday, and I guess I'm not completely awake yet :p Good we're on the same page then :)

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
If PPR was the end of it I would not feel tensed. BUT PPR is just another beginning of another set of challenges ... starting from when to do soft landing ... how to find jobs ... how to take care of no credit history .. find a place to live etc etc. So challenges will get increasingly bigger. I think it will take another 6 months - 1 year to get settled post PPR. So, we have just started. Hopefully, we will be able to support each other post PPR and especially in Canada.
I’m sure we will... being around the internet long enough have made me realize most places are full with toxic people, however this forum has been a great exception, because not only all of us are qualified enough to be able to apply to a PR in Canada but the way we have been supporting and helping each other tells as much of everyone as an individual.

Everyone has different reasons to be willing to face this challenge but I’m sure we are all doing it for the better and we will all lend a hand to our fellow “forum friend” in need to ease the situation and soon enough we will all look back in laughter this hellish anxiety we went through together :)

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
for all those.. i can help you guys on majority of issues... if u need excat info contact me
i can tell you one thing... if you get a good job... u can settle it less than 3 months... people can be anything... i slogged myself before moving From the US// got a good job...after moving here .. my wife got a job... ( had to apply a lot but eventually worked out)..in 7 months credit history is 699...and other stuff i wont write or else people say he is showing off... but main thin.. hardwork pays...and i always open to help people.. @cansha . do keep in my mind what i asked you some time back..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
i can tell you one thing... if you get a good job... u can settle it less than 3 months... people can be anything... i slogged myself before moving From the US// got a good job...after moving here .. my wife got a job... ( had to apply a lot but eventually worked out)..in 7 months credit history is 699...and other stuff i wont write or else people say he is showing off... but main thin.. hardwork pays...and i always open to help people.. @cansha . do keep in my mind what i asked you some time back..
I remember :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I’m sure we will... being around the internet long enough have made me realize most places are full with toxic people, however this forum has been a great exception, because not only all of us are qualified enough to be able to apply to a PR in Canada but the way we have been supporting and helping each other tells as much of everyone as an individual.

Everyone has different reasons to be willing to face this challenge but I’m sure we are all doing it for the better and we will all lend a hand to our fellow “forum friend” in need to ease the situation and soon enough we will all look back in laughter this hellish anxiety we went through together :)
Very well said. Couldn't agree more with each and every word. Hope this forum is active even after people get their PPRs. Or may be we move on to a different thread or medium to keep this going post PPR.

Reactions: DanFariasM

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Make some good and convenient recommendations on how to move USD to Canada without much hassle and transfer fees.
People suggest opening account in one of the Canadian banks here, and then moving USD to it. But I would like to know more details and some good banks to do so.

Reactions: pseetha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Make some good and convenient recommendations on how to move USD to Canada without much hassle and transfer fees.
People suggest opening account in one of the Canadian banks here, and then moving USD to it. But I would like to know more details and some good banks to do so.
sid1987 can add his first hand experience here. But, my research says (by now you would know I love to do it) ... There are not many players in banking and even in telecommunications provider in Canada. It is an oligopoly. So the services are not very different from one bank to another.
The one thing that I would take care of ( or explore further ) once I get PPR is to open a USD account in Canada and then transfer money to the USD account. And later on you can convert USD to CAD as and when required. This will help you to take advantage of exchange rates in future. Or in any case, personally, I don't want to convert all USD in to CAD from get go.

Durgamerupati

Jul 19, 2017
AOR June 15

Med passed

I have called cic today and got to talk to the agent

They told me my eligibility is recommended pass ,what does that mean ??

And also my criminality is in process .does it mean IP1??

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
They told me my eligibility is recommended pass ,what does that mean ??
Eligibility is technically the biggest hurdle to cross for your PPR. Basically, the agent reviews every document you have provided and recalculates your CRS score. Recommended Pass means he was happy with all the documentation.
Now your file needs to be approved by a visa officer. And that will happen once your criminality and security checks have been completed.

Did you ask for your visa office?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
sid1987 can add his first hand experience here. But, my research says (by now you would know I love to do it) ... There are not many players in banking and even in telecommunications provider in Canada. It is an oligopoly. So the services are not very different from one bank to another.
The one thing that I would take care of ( or explore further ) once I get PPR is to open a USD account in Canada and then transfer money to the USD account. And later on you can convert USD to CAD as and when required. This will help you to take advantage of exchange rates in future. Or in any case, personally, I don't want to convert all USD in to CAD from get go.
so this is what i did..

1. keept my account active in BOA.
2. Open account RBC Canada and RBC USA.
3. Moved cash freely between them and voila MOney came in, since the amount was more than a threshold value( wont disclose). I had to it 9 times or more, but RBC agreed to it for free.
4. I opened a TSA accound in RBC which gives extremely high interest rate and is tax free by Canadian govt.
5. Sold my assets in US.. moved money again through RBC.
6. once all clean up done. Shut down my RBC USA account.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
btw people.. CIC keeps a track how many times u call... again don ask me how.. but i am tellin ya...