App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
I'm not sure what's happening with my application. Quite some changes this week.

A quick update on my timeline:
AOR: June 2
Medical passed: June 13
ADR (PCC): June 14
IP2 (think I skipped IP1): July 10
Ghost Update: October 12 (I think)
ADR reviewed: October 17
Back to ADR being reviewed : October 18
Profile updated / ADR "not needed": October 19

Such a rollercoaster this week!
ppr is on the way

Reactions: Chef-de-Bureau

Animesh sinha

Mar 8, 2018
Gurgaon
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
26-06-2018
Passport Req..
Awaited
Hi, i am yet to order mine though, since you are applying from outside canada, you can get them thru online service providers, I believe site given below is pretty reliable, as many members from canadavisa has used their service . Online service guys charge around 10 -15 cad, i aint sure 100% on it though. If you have someone in canada who can do it for you, then it can be done thru them directly as well, it would cost around 5 Cad.

https://www.getgcms.com

You can gain more info by checking on this forum as well

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

I think the latter is for those who are applying from Canada, not sure though as i am yet to run thru its threads.
Thanks so much

Reactions: Asiv adanac

gubgub

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
I have submitted FD certificate and bank statement and a bank letter. My FD was only about 2 weeks old at the time of submission. My bank provided me a standard letter but I requested them to add this line in the letter "This Fixed Deposit can be encashed on any date before the agreed maturity date by the request of the client". It worked for me.

You can get the standard solvency letter from the bank with the above line added. Then submit this letter and bank statement from the opening date of the FD. Also add a LoE to explain that, you have noticed in GCMS notes case analyst expressed his concern about the pof hence you are providing these supporting documents.

There is no ideal maturity date, you are good as long as money can be accessed at any time. My FD has 6 months maturity period.
@ishq74 @cansha I am about to submit a LOE to clarify the maturities of my FDs. Was wondering -
1. If the correct URL for doing this is - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true

2. Also, if the aforementioned URL is correct, what option should I choose in the "Type of Application/Enquiry field"?

Thanks a ton..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@ishq74 @cansha I am about to submit a LOE to clarify the maturities of my FDs. Was wondering -
1. If the correct URL for doing this is - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true

2. Also, if the aforementioned URL is correct, what option should I choose in the "Type of Application/Enquiry field"?

Thanks a ton..
Correct link

Choose permanent residence (applied online)

Reactions: ishq74

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
A lot has been said about GCMS notes and I just wanted to write one last post about it.

Good reasons to not order GCMS notes ... If your reason is one of the following, I personally find it acceptable
  • I'm a very patient person and I can wait even more than 6 months if needed ... Good for you. But are you sure you won't be anxious?
  • I'm extremely confident about all my documentation so I know there won't be any ADRs .. Brilliant. Your diligence is exemplary
  • I'm sensitive about my privacy and don't feel confident that a third party can see very personal details .. Best argument in my opinion .. but in my case my anxiousness won
Bad reasons not to order GCMS notes ... If your reason is one of the following, you really need to educate yourself on GCMS notes
  • I think ordering GCMS notes will affect my processing time negatively ... Whoever told you that doesn't know a thing about GCMS notes.
  • I have heard GCMS notes annoy the visa officers ... Not only it is a lie. I would stay 1000 feet away from anyone who claims this.
  • I have seen that people see no progress after IP1 in their notes ... OK but people also get PPR in less than 2 months. Did you get?
Why you should order GCMS notes? ... in my opinion
  • You may not be the lucky one who gets PPR in < 4 months. Only ~45-50% are that lucky. That's almost >50% probability you will be one of those who won't get PPR soon enough.
  • Some visa offices won't give you ADR till month 6 of your processing ... You have a chance to avoid that if you know what concerns analyst / visa officer have
  • It may give you peace of mind ... knowing you are in a slower visa office will help you cope better with the waiting game
  • Lastly, you may be very confident about your documentation but there is still a chance analyst tagged you as "review required" ... Knowing your eligibility status is important

When to order GCMS notes?
  • If you're convinced that you want to order GCMS notes ... order your first set at 75+ days ... In my opinion at the latest by the end of 4th month from AOR
  • Given that GCMS take at least a month to get delivered waiting till month 5 and 6, I think, defeats the whole purpose.

How to order GCMS notes?

If you're outside Canada ... you can use www.getgcms.com or www.gcmsbuddy.com.
If you're inside Canada ... I don't know. Google is your friend.

Last edited:

CoolSandy

Feb 14, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
A lot has been said about GCMS notes and I just wanted to write one last post about it.

Good reasons to not order GCMS notes ... If your reason is one of the following, I personally find it acceptable
  • I'm a very patient person and I can wait even more than 6 months if needed ... Good for you. But are you sure you won't be anxious?
  • I'm extremely confident about all my documentation so I know there won't be any ADRs .. Brilliant. Your diligence is exemplary
  • I'm sensitive about my privacy and don't feel confident that a third party can see very personal details .. Best argument in my opinion .. but in my case my anxiousness won
Bad reasons not to order GCMS notes ... If your reason is one of the following, you really need to educate yourself on GCMS notes
  • I think ordering GCMS notes will affect my processing time negatively ... Whoever told you that doesn't know a thing about GCMS notes.
  • I have heard GCMS notes annoy the visa officers ... Not only it is a lie. I would stay 1000 feet away from anyone who claims this.
  • I have seen that people see no progress after IP1 in their notes ... OK but people also get PPR in less than 2 months. Did you get?
Why you should order GCMS notes? ... in my opinion
  • You may not be the lucky one who gets PPR in < 4 months. Only ~45-50% are that lucky. That's almost >50% probability you will be one of those who won't get PPR soon enough.
  • Some visa offices won't give you ADR till month 6 of your processing ... You have a chance to avoid that if you know what concerns analyst / visa officer have
  • It may give you peace of mind ... knowing you are in a slower visa office will help you cope better with the waiting game
  • Lastly, you may be very confident about your documentation but there is still a chance analyst tagged you as "review required" ... Knowing your eligibility status is important

When to order GCMS notes?
  • If you're convinced that you want to order GCMS notes ... order your first set at 75+ days ... In my opinion at the latest by the end of 4th month from AOR
  • Given that GCMS take at least a month to get delivered waiting till month 5 and 6, I think, defeats the whole purpose.

How to order GCMS notes?

If you're outside Canada ... you can use www.getgcms.com or www.gcmsbuddy.com.
If you're inside Canada ... I don't know. Google is your friend.
You have already explained this many times to many people in many threads and still don't get tired to explain it for n'th time.. Helping people understand what's right what's wrong is none of your business but still you mind.. You mind if it helps them or not... You don't need to do this but still you do... take pains to educate people here and that's really something... I will just say BLESS YOU ...  :):):)

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
hi this may sound as a very daft question and i probably already knw i m overthinking, but jus for my peace of mind if u cud answer this at ur convenience i wud b very grateful.

watching crime documentaries on youtube ie real life stories from all over the world which involve all types of anti social activities etc, will this cause any issues during security checks?

sorry for this stupid question. pls dnt get mad at me for asking such a trivial question, but a thought jus came to my mind. some ppl are addicted to watching crime documentaries, but r good ppl.

thanks
Ha Ha...I watch a lot of crime/thriller/spy movies in Netflix. Does that affect my security check? I certainly hope not. But if it did, Jason Statham would be the first one I would sue :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You have already explained this many times to many people in many threads and still don't get tired to explain it for n'th time.. Helping people understand what's right what's wrong is none of your business but still you mind.. You mind if it helps them or not... You don't need to do this but still you do... take pains to educate people here and that's really something... I will just say BLESS YOU ...  :):):)
I read a few posts on April thread where people are figuring that they need to order notes in month 6. That was sad. I just want to make sure if people aren’t ordering notes its not because of wrong reasons.

Reactions: CoolSandy and B. B.

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Hi experts,
I need help regarding POF I received a mail stating low funds for 2 ( me and my husband) I am planning to add gift deed from my father-in law. But I have few questions like:
1. What documents are need for this??
2. How to show gift deed??
3. Once I submit the documents when should I expect PPR???

Also there is no change of status in my CIC account but i did get the mail stating:

I am now completing the assessment of your application for permanent residence at Canada and it appears that you have not met the following condition................

4. Is this after IP2???
How was the funds less??

Wizean

Apr 9, 2018
Had thesame experience too. Moved to IP2 June 19th and had a ghost update today.

Randomly checked into my GC account and there was yet another Ghost Update today (Oct 20) 10 am Mountain Time. Moved to IP2 on Oct 18.
Something's going on there. I hope this is PPR and nothing else.

harsha6269

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
june 1 2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Med's Done....
13 june 2018
hey guys i have a quick question. do they ask for additional documentation once you move to ip2 status ? my eligibility says recommended pass. my hr is going on a 2 months vacation and if they ask for adr i’m struck