+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha Since I am an outland applicant I did now know that MPs would be addressing our applications.

About my application. I added my spouse to the application after AOR and had a change in family composition too . I updated IRCC as soon as possible about these changes. I finally recd a re-med request in March 2022, followed by PCC, Sch A and Travel History Form for both of us in June 2022.

I previously had review reqd on my application, which was resolved in Jan 2020. After this, I added my spouse to the application, and then because of COVID there was no update till March 2022.

Hopefully, things seem to be nearing an end now. Fingers crossed. I have requested for my CBSA notes in May too but have not recd them yet.
You can contact MPs even for outland applications. But seems like things are moving for you now. I'm seeing a lot more PPRs for older applications these days. With Covid restrictions lifted up I think Canada wants more PRs to come so you should get PPR soon. All the best!

Morahh

Jun 7, 2022
Once there is a change in your circumstance, you should not submit your passport till the time IRCC responds. In my case, the 30 days were over and received a response post 40-45 days. I did not submit my passport when I received PPR in March.
You will receive a new passport request again after you are able to see (your dependent section) in the profile of MY cic account. Your spouse will be allotted a UCI number.

Also note that the new PPR will not have spouse's UCI number as IRCC only addresses to primary applicant. It took us 20 days after submitting the documents and for some even longer. So just be patient but I do see a lot of movement on all the permanent residence files.
Thanks a lot. Although I sent the passport in on Friday before I heard back from you. I'll just wait for them to return it and hopefully add my spouse even before I get it back.

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
Guys,

I have a news to share. My PR is approved, I’ve got the passport back with the visa stamp. 4 years 5 days of ordeal coming to an end finally. In addition to the latest details shared by people above, I and my wife had to go through an Interview at Canada Embassy at New Delhi.
For the ones that are waiting, things will be finalised soon !!!
I would also like to thank everyone who have supported me in my lowest mental points in this journey. I can’t name all, but special mention to @cansha
I will stay active here until everyone is cleared and then let’s do a meetup in canada. Regards and best wishes to all!!

Morahh

Jun 7, 2022
Oh great, congratulations. I still haven't heard back from them even though it's been almost a month since I sent the passport in. They haven't requested any document for my spouse and I still haven't gotten my passport back either. Kinda frustrating.....

Reactions: rohanid6

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
I have one question for anyone who can help, me and my wife are travelling in September but she will return in 18 odd days due to her job obligations. Is it okay if I can bring her pr card with me when i travel next to india? Will the authorities question her while returning or coming back?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys,

I have a news to share. My PR is approved, I’ve got the passport back with the visa stamp. 4 years 5 days of ordeal coming to an end finally. In addition to the latest details shared by people above, I and my wife had to go through an Interview at Canada Embassy at New Delhi.
I would also like to thank everyone who have supported me in my lowest mental points in this journey. I can’t name all, but special mention to @cansha
I will stay active here until everyone is cleared and then let’s do a meetup in canada. Regards and best wishes to all!!
Oh wow .. This is such an awesome news!! This has been very long journey. All the best for your Canada move. You applied as a single applicant but now has PR approved as a married man. Life has already changed for you. Hope Canada turns out great for you. Congratulations!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have one question for anyone who can help, me and my wife are travelling in September but she will return in 18 odd days due to her job obligations. Is it okay if I can bring her pr card with me when i travel next to india? Will the authorities question her while returning or coming back?
It is fine. She could return same day if she wanted to and no one will care.

chiragjoshi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Guys,

Congratulations brother.
I am yet to receive my passport stamped and this will make me the last person to have received Canada PR. I am happy that you have sailed through as the wait has been killing and meaningless. I do not know what IRCC has achieved by making few applicants wait so long. I feel disheartened and stupid to be made to wait so long for something so simple.

Anyways Enjoy the moment and see you soon.

chiragjoshi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Guys,

4 years 17 days and counting

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
4 years 17 days and counting
@chiragjoshi when did you last ask for CBSA/GCMS notes. I too have been waiting for a long time but there has been movement in my application since June 2022. It seems they are trying to clear the old files - perhaps you should take a chance.

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
Congratulations brother.
I am yet to receive my passport stamped and this will make me the last person to have received Canada PR. I am happy that you have sailed through as the wait has been killing and meaningless. I do not know what IRCC has achieved by making few applicants wait so long. I feel disheartened and stupid to be made to wait so long for something so simple.

Anyways Enjoy the moment and see you soon.
I can totally relate, I had to go through even an interview which I don’t see anyone having to go through. It’s been a long battle, but I’m sure it will be a sweet ending for you as well. Stay put

Reactions: cansha

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
Oh great, congratulations. I still haven't heard back from them even though it's been almost a month since I sent the passport in. They haven't requested any document for my spouse and I still haven't gotten my passport back either. Kinda frustrating.....
It will come through, just stay put.

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
As an observation, I have noticed that the local embassies are under pressure finally to clear the older backlogs. So I think it should be cleared in next 2-3 weeks for rest of us as well.

Reactions: cansha

chiragjoshi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
@chiragjoshi when did you last ask for CBSA/GCMS notes. I too have been waiting for a long time but there has been movement in my application since June 2022. It seems they are trying to clear the old files - perhaps you should take a chance.
I have received PPR and have also submitted my passport but its been 22 days and I still waiting for my passport. They are yet to stamp my passport and sent it accross

Reactions: daveishan

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have received PPR and have also submitted my passport but its been 22 days and I still waiting for my passport. They are yet to stamp my passport and sent it accross
Sometimes it takes 2-4 weeks but you are in that range. Start asking for the passport by reaching out to VFS.