+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Mai86

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Did you come to know about the security Screenting through GCMS ? Or is it just the 'Security check' and not the 'Security screening '... Sorry, but I am asking this again to be sure if you are in SS or the usual security check (which is not started for many June AOR guys on this forum ).
Through cbsa notes it was mentioned directly that my husband is under SS unfortunately

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Through cbsa notes it was mentioned directly that my husband is under SS unfortunately
Oh! Get it. In that case my friend you may have to wait for a couple of months or may be more. One can never be sure on the completion of SS, but it usually takes 8-10 months. You are already in your 8 month, so hope for the best.

Reactions: Mai86

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Does anyone know if I can show accrued gratuity on company letterhead (amount available the moment I resign which I intend to do only before landing) and use it as PoF?

Also does gift deed have to be notarized or would a signed letter along with my and the persons statements be enough?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Does anyone know if I can show accrued gratuity on company letterhead (amount available the moment I resign which I intend to do only before landing) and use it as PoF?

Also does gift deed have to be notarized or would a signed letter along with my and the persons statements be enough?
POF should be what's in the bank, For landing.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
POF should be what's in the bank, For landing.
Sorry should have clarified.
What I meant is that I will be making only 1 landing (IF i get ppr lol) and i will resign only like 1-2 weeks before landing and then deposit that in my account.

Right now I am thinking of uploading updated PoF because it was in RR. And even though I am told my eligibility is passed (I did not take any action for RR) but I am getting nervous day by day on being at the mercy of the officer lol

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Sorry should have clarified.
What I meant is that I will be making only 1 landing (IF i get ppr lol) and i will resign only like 1-2 weeks before landing and then deposit that in my account.
That's alright

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
But that's what myself and @cansha said. The person would need to travel with both passports. Did you see something different from what we said?. A lot of people are afraid about things that they don't need to be afraid of.
There is a difference between being afraid and being concerned. The concern can led to the resolution of the complicated situation which can cure the fear or the condition which is making one feel afraid. I did not see 'Cancelled' mentioned anywhere in the post of @cansha or @ishq74 and that's why I brought that up, that the old PP will be cancelled.
I know you are being over caring for @ishq74 but its ok ;);)
Thanks to both of you for this discussion. To be honest I am still bit skeptical about changing passports now. I have waited such a long time for this moment so not liking to be in any sort of uncertainty. We have decided to fly before the passport expiry date goes inside 6 months which is 6th March. Just booked tickets for 3rd March 2019. It is gonna be hard to get ready by such a short time, but we thought this is the best policy at the moment.

Landing in Ottawa via Toronto :)