Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
But generally PSK cancels the old passport ? By stamping 'Cancelled ' / 'Radd kiya" ?
The cancelled passport doesn't cancel the visa. The passport is cancelled so you don't have two valid documents which translates to two identities. You can travel with a valid visa on an expired passport so long as you have a new & valid passport.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi All just received the classic reply from IRCC that my application is still under process! Yesterday my husband’s security screening completed the 6 months period. Our med will be expired in 2 months any thoughts?
Don't worry about your Meds. Once the SS is completed they'll extend your medicals or ask you for re-meds.
Sorry about the long wait.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I have received my GCMS notes today and review required is for proof of funds.
What do I do?
Address whatever concerns they have and send in updated POF supporting documents via a CSE.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Around 10 pprs reported today for July applicants.

I hope they turn to june now , it’s high time they issue us pprs.
It's surprising that you still haven't received your PPR. You should call the agents daily now and email everyone. Because 3 months is a long time for an application to be approved without PPR.
This email ID works. ircc.cio-brcd.ircc@cic.gc.ca

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
The cancelled passport doesn't cancel the visa. The passport is cancelled so you don't have two valid documents which translates to two identities. You can travel with a valid visa on an expired passport so long as you have a new & valid passport.
I understand the fact that the cancelled passport doesnt cancel the Visa, but one cant travel with the cancelled travel document, so in my opinion, either the visa needs to be transferred on the new PP or it can be mitigated by carrying both the passports. I am not an expert/experienced so these are my apprehensions/risks that I am calling out.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
My husband only! It is so depressing especially no one knows how it will take to be cleared
I understand your situation and relate to your pain. though there is nothing much that can be done from your side apart from raising CSEs and calling the CIC guys. What is your AOR and category (FSW, CEC) etc ?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I understand the fact that the cancelled passport doesnt cancel the Visa, but one cant travel with the cancelled travel document, so in my opinion, either the visa needs to be transferred on the new PP or it can be mitigated by carrying both the passports. I am not an expert/experienced so these are my apprehensions/risks that I am calling out.
But that's what myself and @cansha said. The person would need to travel with both passports. Did you see something different from what we said?. A lot of people are afraid about things that they don't need to be afraid of.

Reactions: cansha

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
But that's what myself and @cansha said. The person would need to travel with both passports. Did you see something different from what we said?. A lot of people are afraid about things that they don't need to be afraid of.
There is a difference between being afraid and being concerned. The concern can led to the resolution of the complicated situation which can cure the fear or the condition which is making one feel afraid. I did not see 'Cancelled' mentioned anywhere in the post of @cansha or @ishq74 and that's why I brought that up, that the old PP will be cancelled.
I know you are being over caring for @ishq74 but its ok ;);)

Reactions: ishq74 and tobs

Mai86

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
I understand your situation and relate to your pain. though there is nothing much that can be done from your side apart from raising CSEs and calling the CIC guys. What is your AOR and category (FSW, CEC) etc ?
Aor June 4 FSW outland ip2 since 20 of July though i don’t believe much in using these terms eligibility medical and criminality all passed just stuck with this security check

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Aor June 4 FSW outland ip2 since 20 of July though i don’t believe much in using these terms eligibility medical and criminality all passed just stuck with this security check
Did you come to know about the security Screenting through GCMS ? Or is it just the 'Security check' and not the 'Security screening '... Sorry, but I am asking this again to be sure if you are in SS or the usual security check (which is not started for many June AOR guys on this forum ).