App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
I have no clue why he said one month. May be its like a standard time for security checks or may be he just had a rough estimate . i am not sure. But it certainly is making me anxious that I will have to wait more.!!!!! Are you an inland applicant ?
They might give you average time not to give you false promises, yes I'm inland applicant applied june 20th moved to ip2 june 22 and then everything went downhill, added police record check status still shows reviewing additional documents provided since beginning of July.Called cic they said rest assure everything is fine and application is taking its own course,like wtf that means:D:D:D:D

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Just called and spoke to a cic agent. She was very nice and she let me me know that my medical was passed (which i knew), criminality in progress, eligibility and security not started. AOR June 29th.

linda85

Jun 20, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
Just called and spoke to a cic agent. She was very nice and she let me me know that my medical was passed (which i knew), criminality in progress, eligibility and security not started. AOR June 29th.
those are good news:)

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
those are good news:)
She explained that all these checks were done by different teams so there is no orders. Say the teams were available to do my medical checks and criminology, so these two things got started before eligibility. This is something new to me so I though someone from this forum might wanna know too?

I hope my application will be approved!!! :)

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
So after I posted this somehow I got connected to an agent. She told me that my eligibility needs to be reviewed and they have not started the background check yet. The file is at Montreal. My AOR date is 19th June

Reading some of the previous posts ... many people were told that their eligibility was pass. In my case she told me they still need to review eligibility. I'm worried now!

Does anyone know about processing times at Montreal office?
I got the exact same response when i called them a week or two ago. And the agent said the Background check will start only after Eligibility is passed. Are you applying from the US ?

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I got the exact same response when i called them a week or two ago. And the agent said the Background check will start only after Eligibility is passed. Are you applying from the US ?
Hmmm... interesting! See my last post- the agent that I talked to this morning said my eligibility was not started but my criminology was in progress...

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes I'm applying from USA. I had not heard about visa office being Montreal before also. Have seen Ottawa, Sydney etc.

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Criminality and background check are 2 different things
Hmmm... interesting! See my last post- the agent that I talked to this morning said my eligibility was not started but my criminology was in progress...
Yes, i did ask the agent if my criminality was started and he said that falls under Background check and it will begin only after the eligibility is passed.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Also while going through the forums I later found out that sometimes they put application under "Eligibility review needed". And as per that thread in those cases it takes a long time. I didn't know about this so I did not clarify on call whether in my case check has not started or they have commented "review needed". But reading the other thread I'm worried. Also I read they put date and time of your call on file and don't like if you call too soon. Since I called just today I don't want to call again to get clarification. May be I will call in 2 weeks time.

I am also thinking of ordering GCMS notes. It will take 35 days to get notes so either by that time something would have moved or I would know what is the exact status on eligibility.

Reactions: tobs

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Haha yes! Looks like we are almost in the same boat. I am going to wait until 8/10 which is 2 months after my AOR and order GCMS.
guys guys guys.. IRCC is very unpredictable

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Also while going through the forums I later found out that sometimes they put application under "Eligibility review needed". And as per that thread in those cases it takes a long time. I didn't know about this so I did not clarify on call whether in my case check has not started or they have commented "review needed". But reading the other thread I'm worried. Also I read they put date and time of your call on file and don't like if you call too soon. Since I called just today I don't want to call again to get clarification. May be I will call in 2 weeks time.

I am also thinking of ordering GCMS notes. It will take 35 days to get notes so either by that time something would have moved or I would know what is the exact status on eligibility.
I'm messaging you separately.