+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Hi everyone.

As some may know, our GCMS notes have been delayed, and we received this from GetGCMS today:

--------------------------------------------
We are writing to update you on the delay in the release of your GCMS notes. The GCMS notes are released under the Access to Information Act ("ATI"). As per section 7 of the ATI Act, a federal agency is statutorily obligated to release the requested information within 30 days from the date of request. The ATI Act also provides a federal agency powers to refuse the release of information if it falls under any exemption (section 13-26 generally) as defined in the Act.

However, in your case, IRCC has acknowledged the delay, and flagged your request as priority. This concludes that your GCMS notes do not fall under any exception, and can be released.

Over the last 2 months, we at GET GCMS, have been in constant consultations with IRCC and ICC (Information Commissioner of Canada) to resolve the issues of delay in the release of GCMS notes. In the past we have filed complaints with ICC for clients who asked us to file complaints for the delay in the release of their notes.

Further to these complaints, we filed a representation pursuant to section 35 of the ATI Act with ICC. We received a response to the representation from the Acting Director of the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada, which is attached for your reference. Please be advised that since this representation was filed pursuant to some ongoing investigations by ICC, the information which relates to the legal proceedings or is of personal nature has been retracted in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.

We understand the frustration this delay may have caused, but we assure you that we are working closely with IRCC and ICC to get this resolved as soon as possible. While do not control the working of IRCC, we are actively following up, and filing reminders on regular basis. If you wish to raise a complaint with ICC, pertaining to the delay in the release of your GCMS notes, please let us know and we will promptly do so. To read on how ICC resolves complaints, pleaseclick here.

As soon your GCMS notes are released, we will promptly transmit them to you.

If you may have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

--
GetGCMS Team
https://www.getgcms.com
Contact us
+ 1 (905) 535-1451 (Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm EDT)
E-mail support available 24 x 7
-----------------------------------------------------

It doesn't seems like it has any alarming info in it. A letter was also attached:
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Rai,

Thank you for your email below and your thorough representaons sent to Janel Goyee. I will do my best to respond to your queries.

As you may know, in most fiscal years, IRCC receives the most requests of all Federal Government instuons. As a result, as far back as fiscal year 2009-2010, it has been one of the top five instuons for complaints under the Access to Informaon Act (the Act) as well. I can assure you that the previous Commissioners as well as the current Commissioner are aware of this fact and have taken acon on individual complaint files when necessary. While delays under the Act are an issue for IRCC, we find that most of our delay complaints are resolved efficiently and effecvely with IRCC without the need for further management involvement within our office or IRCC.

I understand your frustraon with the delays when you are serving your clients and aempng to obtain the informaon as quickly as possible. The reality is however that the IRCC Access to Informaon and Privacy (ATIP) office, like most instuonal ATIP offices, is under resourced and suffers with a very heavy workload. [Bunch of redacted text] This current Informaon Commissioner along with the previous Commissioners has connued to push for Instuons to beer resource their ATIP offices.

[Bunch of redacted text]
connue to experience delays with IRCC, you can connue to submit complaints to our office. We will work with IRCC to have responses sent to you as soon as possible, as always. For your informaon as well, with Bill C-58 (Bill to amend the Access to Informaon Act), our office will be able to publish our Reports of Findings from our invesgaons of complaints against Federal Government instuons. The Informaon Commissioner does not have order powers with the current legislaon. However, Bill C-58 will change the legislaon accordingly to allow the Informaon Commissioner to make orders to instuons. Bill C-58 is currently with the Senate of Canada for review.

Thank you again for your representaons and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any quesons.

Sincerely, Ms. Carmen Garrett Directrice intérimaire Commissariat à l’information du Canada
---------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if this is just a standard message? I get the impression that the workload is very heavy and everyone's very busy

asman199

May 2, 2018
Hello guys, I got my new GCMS notes my eligibility changed from Recommended passed to Not Started ( is this BAD) and my Criminality from Not started to Passed. my AOR is June 15.

I see under notes that my file is waiting for someone to calculate 11.2 "Email send to TL- 11.2 will not calculate in GCMS"

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
Hello guys, I got my new GCMS notes my eligibility changed from Recommended passed to Not Started ( is this BAD) and my Criminality from Not started to Passed. my AOR is June 15.

I see under notes that my file is waiting for someone to calculate 11.2 "Email send to TL- 11.2 will not calculate in GCMS"
What is the review required for as in which part of eligibility?

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
@gauravahluwalia
@cansha is right... different heads could be marked as Appears Met but the final recommendation can be either be Recommended Passed or Review Required.
Well in the gcms it was RR.
What confuses me is that on the phone multiple agents have told me my eligibility is passed.
However on legalfalcon's thread I was told that in RR its usually the immigration officer in the LVO during final review that makes the final decision.
Its only on 22nd jan that my file was moved to lvo and from december till the 22nd jan i was told my eligibility is passed.

So its what I am confused. Does the officer still reviews my eligibility and if so do I upload new documents and LOE or am I just being paranoid here and my eligibility is passed once and for all.

Sadly the call center agents are of no help anymore since my file has moved overseas and the only other way to find out is if london replies to my CSE/mails or gcms

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Well in the gcms it was RR.
What confuses me is that on the phone multiple agents have told me my eligibility is passed.
However on legalfalcon's thread I was told that in RR its usually the immigration officer in the LVO during final review that makes the final decision.
Its only on 22nd jan that my file was moved to lvo and from december till the 22nd jan i was told my eligibility is passed.

So its what I am confused. Does the officer still reviews my eligibility and if so do I upload new documents and LOE or am I just being paranoid here and my eligibility is passed once and for all.

Sadly the call center agents are of no help anymore since my file has moved overseas and the only other way to find out is if london replies to my CSE/mails or gcms
I think the information the call agents have access to is limited.

If passed, it means the officer has already passed it. :)

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016

They're still reviewing your eligibility. I know someone else who went from recommend pass to not started.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
I think the information the call agents have access to is limited.

If passed, it means the officer has already passed it. :)
I really really hope so cos when it comes to PoF its quite complicated for me as I invest most of my salary in long term insurance type products.
Plus this long wait is making me paranoid lol.
Only way to find out is when my next gcms come end of this month.
Or PPR lol

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018

Hi, check for your current VO. Look for “primary office” on page 1. It’s possible your file has been transferred from CPC Vegreville (a change like this after a file transfer is normal)

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I really really hope so cos when it comes to PoF its quite complicated for me as I invest most of my salary in long term insurance type products.
Plus this long wait is making me paranoid lol.
Only way to find out is when my next gcms come end of this month.
Or PPR lol
Hopefully PPR, pray to God. Good luck

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018

I am not sure why i have A11.2 review required, here are detailed notes from analysis..
Its quite clear that your eligibility is under review required which if does not get cleared then your CRS score drops by 70 points to 375. I think the analyst wants the Officer to review the bold highlighted notes which you have also highlighted in yellow.

I suggest you check what points you got against each head at the time of AOR and what can make it drop by 70 points cause its not very clearly coming out in the notes but in most probability it is wrt your work ex.

Also, you should be happy that your file was touched in Nov and is allocated to an Officer, most people files haven't been touched since Oct.