June 2018 AOR - join here

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,

Hope you all are having a great weekend :D
So I was told by legalfalcon yesterday that when you have RR for eligibility theres 2 steps: the analyst goes through it and gives a recommendation and then the final decision is made by the officer usually in LVO.

Now I had RR for PoF (showed majority of my funds in mutual funds which I know is not HIGHLY recommended but I did show them a "surrender value") in May 2018 by an agent in CIO. The very next day it was moved to Ottawa CPO. Then, in Dec my file moved to IP2 and around jan 22nd my file was moved to London (I am applying from Qatar and LVO here is usually London or Abu Dhabi and rarely Ottawa). Ever since ip2 I was told by call centre agents that my eligibility is pass (didnt ask if passed or recommended met)

And ALL this happened without me submitting a CSE or LOE for PoF.

I think the review was maybe cos initially they got the statements confused. The notes just said "officer please review document xxxxx"

So my question is should I be worrying about the review? Should I try to get a letter from my brokerage house or the fund institution that explains how the surrender value works? Or do I just leave it since its either passed or recommended pass (legalfalcon says its usually recommended pass for RR)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
RECOMMENDATION : Preview Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: XYZ BANK LETTER READS, " THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT { PA} IS MAINTAINING SAVINGS ACCOUNT NUMBER[...] WITH US SINCE 01-02-2017 AND THE DEATILS OF WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS : ", LETTER APPEARS TO THEN PROCEED TO GIVE DETAILS OF X NO. OF FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS, ALL WITH DIFFERENT ACCOUNT NUMBERS
PLEASE REVIEW FUNDS A11.2 : Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS /FUNDS : Appears Met FSW points total: 76 Outstanding Documents ( Requested ) ;- PA Meds Re-evaluation RPRF : Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System ( CRS ) CRS Score at invitation to apply ( ITA) 443 CRS points minimum score for round : 441 CRS score at application ( APR) : 443 I have reviewed the following for CRS points : PA gained points as MARRIED at ITA and Apr PA gained points for 3+ years Foriegn Work Experience with xyz co. edoc........ and abc co. edoc.......
Ah ... okay I suspected this was the case but wanted to be sure. Honestly, not a big issue and this is why we as applicants need to make everything easy for them to understand. The things we think are very trivial may not be so for these analysts. Now, chances are a visa officer looks at it and he already knows how FD work and every FD is a different number and if it is in the same letter then it all belongs to you.
Alternatively, make it easy for them just take FD certificates which will have account holders name, date of opening / maturity etc. and upload with a LOE saying that see all this belongs to me. I don't think you need to take it on bank letter head again. If you want you can just get FD certificate stamped. If it was an online FD then take a print out and ask bank manager to put bank stamp on it.
All the best!

Reactions: amisanghavi

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys,

Hope you all are having a great weekend :D
So I was told by legalfalcon yesterday that when you have RR for eligibility theres 2 steps: the analyst goes through it and gives a recommendation and then the final decision is made by the officer usually in LVO.

Now I had RR for PoF (showed majority of my funds in mutual funds which I know is not HIGHLY recommended but I did show them a "surrender value") in May 2018 by an agent in CIO. The very next day it was moved to Ottawa CPO. Then, in Dec my file moved to IP2 and around jan 22nd my file was moved to London (I am applying from Qatar and LVO here is usually London or Abu Dhabi and rarely Ottawa). Ever since ip2 I was told by call centre agents that my eligibility is pass (didnt ask if passed or recommended met)

And ALL this happened without me submitting a CSE or LOE for PoF.

I think the review was maybe cos initially they got the statements confused. The notes just said "officer please review document xxxxx"

So my question is should I be worrying about the review? Should I try to get a letter from my brokerage house or the fund institution that explains how the surrender value works? Or do I just leave it since its either passed or recommended pass (legalfalcon says its usually recommended pass for RR)
Have you been issued a procedural fairness letter yet? If no, nothing to worry about. if they have doubts even after your new documents they will first issue a PFL and you will get a chance to explain. For now I think you need to hang tight.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Bro did your account got updated when the COPR was issued?
Yes buddy... You will get same kind of message 'account/profile updated' like you got with a ghost, but when you login, you will see that your profile is actually updated and everything is complete. Last status will say, your application was approved :):)

Reactions: kanu

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Have you been issued a procedural fairness letter yet? If no, nothing to worry about. if they have doubts even after your new documents they will first issue a PFL and you will get a chance to explain. For now I think you need to hang tight.
Nopes no fairness letter.
And no new documents either.
Like I said, the RR was made in may 2018 and I found out about it only when I ordered my GCMS in Nov. I didn't upload any new documents or even LoE for PoF because before I received my gcms my application was moved to ip2 and I was told my eligibility is passed.

I have ordered gcms again last week so lets see whats eligibility is now.

I am just nervous that since I did not upload anything, would RR still be an issue during final review despite analyst giving "recommended pass"

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Like I said, the RR was made in may 2018 and I found out about it only when I ordered my GCMS in Nov. I didn't upload any new documents or even LoE for PoF because before I received my gcms my application was moved to ip2 and I was told my eligibility is passed.

I am just nervous that since I did not upload anything, would RR still be an issue during final review despite analyst giving "recommended pass"
Now I'm confused. If analyst gave "Recommended Passed" how was it RR in the first place?

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018

It shouldn't be. And if it is, you will get a PFL (fairness letter ) and you can submit updated POF . People can differ from my opinion here, but I think that you should by now surrender your Mutual funds, and show them in your updated POF (when asked PFL or by CSEs). Or if you have enough money in account, you can be ready with that as well.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
It shouldn't be. And if it is, you will get a PFL (fairness letter ) and you can submit updated POF . People can differ from my opinion here, but I think that you should by now surrender your Mutual funds, and show them in your updated POF (when asked PFL or by CSEs). Or if you have enough money in account, you can be ready with that as well.
Aray I know mate. Bloody problem in my case is that this is basically like a long term ULIP investment. If i surrender it now, i lose like 50-60% of the value. Yes, the money i end up getting is still more than the required amount but it will be a massive loss to me.

The more I delay withdrawing, the lower my losses.

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Ah ... okay I suspected this was the case but wanted to be sure. Honestly, not a big issue and this is why we as applicants need to make everything easy for them to understand. The things we think are very trivial may not be so for these analysts. Now, chances are a visa officer looks at it and he already knows how FD work and every FD is a different number and if it is in the same letter then it all belongs to you.
Alternatively, make it easy for them just take FD certificates which will have account holders name, date of opening / maturity etc. and upload with a LOE saying that see all this belongs to me. I don't think you need to take it on bank letter head again. If you want you can just get FD certificate stamped. If it was an online FD then take a print out and ask bank manager to put bank stamp on it.
All the best!
Oh ok..got it..uhhhh but at the time of uploading documents i had already uploaded all the fd certificates individually showing my name and all details..may be the analyst dint go through that..should i raise cse and upload it again? Do you think it can trigger my file process?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oh ok..got it..uhhhh but at the time of uploading documents i had already uploaded all the fd certificates individually showing my name and all details..may be the analyst dint go through that..should i raise cse and upload it again? Do you think it can trigger my file process?
If those were uploaded then I think you’re right May be the analysts didn’t have a look at them. I think uploading again is not really needed and uploading a CSE doesn’t really trigger anything.

richa1987

Oct 26, 2018
RECOMMENDATION : Preview Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: XYZ BANK LETTER READS, " THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT { PA} IS MAINTAINING SAVINGS ACCOUNT NUMBER[...] WITH US SINCE 01-02-2017 AND THE DEATILS OF WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS : ", LETTER APPEARS TO THEN PROCEED TO GIVE DETAILS OF X NO. OF FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS, ALL WITH DIFFERENT ACCOUNT NUMBERS
PLEASE REVIEW FUNDS A11.2 : Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS /FUNDS : Appears Met FSW points total: 76 Outstanding Documents ( Requested ) ;- PA Meds Re-evaluation RPRF : Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System ( CRS ) CRS Score at invitation to apply ( ITA) 443 CRS points minimum score for round : 441 CRS score at application ( APR) : 443 I have reviewed the following for CRS points : PA gained points as MARRIED at ITA and Apr PA gained points for 3+ years Foriegn Work Experience with xyz co. edoc........ and abc co. edoc.......
Looks like the Analyst wants Officer to review funds but I don't see much of issue here cause I had similiar funds statement wherein I provided then 6 month statement for all Savings and Fixed Deposit accounts with a summary in LOE which also had explanation of certain high value credit transactions. Later in an ADR they requested Bank Letter which was provided in almost the same format as the LOE. Anyways for you while the analyst has recommended review but your Eligibility that is A11.2 has been marked as Appears Met.

Also, your medical is clearly required to be done again "Outstanding Documents ( Requested ) ;- PA Meds Re-evaluation"

EXPERIENCE : Lock in date : 2018-06-21 Primary Occupation : Noc 1311 Accounting technicians and bookkeepers EDUCATION CREDENTIALS PROVIDED : Bachelors Degree : Accounting ( four years ) ; Diploma/Certificate : Finance ( one year ) 2015-11 to 2017-09 Accounting Bookkeeper (Noc 1311) at xyz co. edoc ........ Web Based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2017-10-05 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE : ADDRESS FROM LOE CONFIRMED BY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. Letter confirms salary of CAD ...... Letter confirms full time employment; Documented Income Provided. Pay stubs from 2017 edoc......FSW Work : 1 year and 11 months CRS Foreign Work : 1 year 11 months 2007-06 to 2010-06 Accounting Bookkeeper ( NOC 1311) at abc co....edoc....Web Based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2010-07-05 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties are set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE : PA HAS PROVIDED VOUCHERS INSTEAD OF PAY SLIPS INDICATING PA WAS " PAID IN CASH ". ADDRESS APPEARS CONFIRMED THROUGH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. - Letter confirms salary of CAD ..... Letter confirms full time employment , - Documented Income Provided : Pay stubs from 2010 ( edoc....) FSW Work : 2 years and 1 month. CRS Foreign Work : 2 years and 1 month. FSW Work : 1 year CRS Foreign Work : 3+ years
Do not see any concerns here...

In my opinion once your file is reviewed it should be cleared by the officer and once medical is done, you shall get your golden mail.