+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Guys,

I need a help. As I posted earlier, my wife who is the primary applicant, is pregnant now and due to medical complication, we are not in the position to have our child birth there in Canada. And as per COPR, we have to do our immigration before June which is actually her due month. So instead of extending our entry date from June, we are thinking to step into Canada to complete the PR process and leave back to India within 2 weeks by providing my relatives Canadian mailing address.

Now, what would be the consequences or is it ok to do this? Please suggest me.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Guys,

I need a help. As I posted earlier, my wife who is the primary applicant, is pregnant now and due to medical complication, we are not in the position to have our child birth there in Canada. And as per COPR, we have to do our immigration before June which is actually her due month. So instead of extending our entry date from June, we are thinking to step into Canada to complete the PR process and leave back to India within 2 weeks by providing my relatives Canadian mailing address.

I think it should be just fine, as long as your relatives are able to deliver the PR card receieved to you anywhere outside canada (for you to enter) or you get a PRTD

Reactions: arun_kumar543

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys,

I need a help. As I posted earlier, my wife who is the primary applicant, is pregnant now and due to medical complication, we are not in the position to have our child birth there in Canada. And as per COPR, we have to do our immigration before June which is actually her due date. So instead of extending our entry date from June, we are thinking to step into Canada to complete the PR process and leave back to India within 2 weeks by providing my relatives Canadian mailing address.

Here is my thought process and people with similar situation may give better advice.

I would advise you to inform IRCC to extend your timelines and wait for birth of your child and include the baby in the application and wait for his PR as well. Or alternatively make arrangements to stay in Canada and give birth there so that the child is citizen.

If you come back anyways you will have to wait for child's TRV to be able to travel to Canada. And I'm not sure what is the process of then sponsoring the baby for Canadian PR. So, my guess it is probably an easier process to add child to the application after birth than to become PR and sponsoring the baby later.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I think it should be just fine, as long as your relatives are able to deliver the PR card receieved to you anywhere outside canada (for you to enter) or you get a PRTD
I guess, the PR card can be couriered to India from Canada. Or can ask someone to bring while they come to India. But I heard it's mandatory to be in Canada for 3 months and we are not suppose to leave. Is that do, or as said, can we come back in 2 weeks?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Guys,

If you land without the baby you'll have to sponsor your baby later and the baby won't be able to move with you.
Your options are.
1. Inform CIC of the pregnancy. Your visas will be revoked and you'll have the chance to add your baby after the birth getting a new visa for all 3 of you with CoPRs.
2. Land before your wife's due date (I'll suggest you both land asap to begin the process of getting a doctor and hospital early enough) in Alberta and get a health card for her immediately and birth a Canadian citizen.
There's no way Canada isn't as equipped or more equipped to handle a complicated pregnancy than your home country.
If your wife can fly to do a soft landing then it means she can as well move there and birth the child there.
In your earlier posts you mentioned that the doctors said your wife shouldn't travel but since you're considering travelling to Canada to soft land your best bet is to birth the baby there especially in a Province like Alberta where medical coverage is instant.

Do a more detailed research and choose the best options for your family..
Good luck.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
But I heard it's mandatory to be in Canada for 3 months and we are not suppose to leave. Is that do, or as said, can we come back in 2 weeks?
You can come back within 5 hours if you so wish. There is no mandatory timeline. That 3 month timeline that you speak of may have been suggested to you by someone regarding the health card given your wife is pregnant.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Here is my thought process and people with similar situation may give better advice.

I would advise you to inform IRCC to extend your timelines and wait for birth of your child and include the baby in the application and wait for his PR as well. Or alternatively make arrangements to stay in Canada and give birth there so that the child is citizen.

If you come back anyways you will have to wait for child's TRV to be able to travel to Canada. And I'm not sure what is the process of then sponsoring the baby for Canadian PR. So, my guess it is probably an easier process to add child to the application after birth than to become PR and sponsoring the baby later.
Thanks cansha. But there are several medical complications for my wife which requires periodical doctor checkup and scans. Since medical coverage will start only after 3 months, we have decided to have birth in India (That is the only reason)
I am worried about extending our entry timelines just because my wife LMIA, using which we have availed 50 points has already got expired. So in case if we apply for extension and if IRCC reassess our eligibility, we will be in trouble. That's my only concern.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I guess, the PR card can be couriered to India from Canada. Or can ask someone to bring while they come to India. But I heard it's mandatory to be in Canada for 3 months and we are not suppose to leave. Is that do, or as said, can we come back in 2 weeks?
The PR card is the least of your worries. The major issue you'll have is that you'll have to leave your baby behind in your home country until you are financially capable (proving that you have a Canadian job and you're paying taxes) to sponsor him/her or secure a temporary resident visa (TRV) for him/ her which there's no guarantee that you'll get.
Alternatively. You can move to Canada, and your wife stays behind with the baby (since she has soft landed and completed landing formalities) pending when you can sponsor the baby and they both move permanently with you to Canada..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks cansha. But there are several medical complications for my wife which requires periodical doctor checkup and scans. Since medical coverage will start only after 3 months, we have decided to have birth in India (That is the only reason)
I am worried about extending our entry timelines just because my wife LMIA, using which we have availed 50 points has already got expired. So in case if we apply for extension and if IRCC reassess our eligibility, we will be in trouble. That's my only concern.
In that case I think what @tobs suggests is a good option. Land in Alberta where medical coverage is immediate. Also, I don't think your eligibility will be reassessed when you add baby. I'm not certain.

But I think @legalfalcon can help clarify whether eligibility is reassessed when a new born is added to the application after PPR has already been received.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
If you land without the baby you'll have to sponsor your baby later and the baby won't be able to move with you.
Your options are.
1. Inform CIC of the pregnancy. Your visas will be revoked and you'll have the chance to add your baby after the birth getting a new visa for all 3 of you with CoPRs.
2. Land before your wife's due date (I'll suggest you both land asap to begin the process of getting a doctor and hospital early enough) in Alberta and get a health card for her immediately and birth a Canadian citizen.
There's no way Canada isn't as equipped or more equipped to handle a complicated pregnancy than your home country.
If your wife can fly to do a soft landing then it means she can as well move there and birth the child there.
In your earlier posts you mentioned that the doctors said your wife shouldn't travel but since you're considering travelling to Canada to soft land your best bet is to birth the baby there especially in a Province like Alberta where medical coverage is instant.

Do a more detailed research and choose the best options for your family..
Good luck.
Really? You mean Alberta gives the coverage from Day1? Seriously?
She was advised by one doctor not to travel but then Second opinion gave us another thought.
By the way, in my COPR, it has been mentioned that my Destination province as BC and City of destination as Richmond. Does it mean I have to land only there or land anywhere?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Really? You mean Alberta gives the coverage from Day1? Seriously?
She was advised by one doctor not to travel but then Second opinion gave us another thought.
By the way, in my COPR, it has been mentioned that my Destination province as BC and City of destination as Richmond. Does it mean I have to land only there or land anywhere?
Except Quebec you can land anywhere irrespective of what your COPR says unless you are a PNP candidate.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Eligibilty isn't reassessed.
It's just the medicals and pasport for your baby I believe you'll need to provide. As well as POF for a family of 3.
Decide yiur best course of action quickly enough. Becuase even if you choose to land in Alberta next month you'll still need to put in work to find a family doctor and a hospital tjat will take in your wife. So don't waste any more time making up your mind.
Lastly spend time doing detailed research and making a list of pros and cons of each option. Because whatever you eventually decide to do affects you personally not those of us giving you this advise.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.