+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
I've been getting quite a number of late. Some of them are questions that I would have preferred to answer on the thread so others can benefit.
I guess that's one of the reasons for my reduced participation here, Prashant.
with great power comes great responsibility !!:D

you are our hope in canada @tobs , we all will vote for you when you run for any office in canada :D:D

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
Unless you have landed you’re not PR of Canada technically. That COPR we get is active only after its stamped by CBSA agent. So you can’t really write an invitation letter yet. That’s my thought. If someone knows otherwise May be they can correct me
There is an option that asks if they are accompanying someone who has newly received status in Canada - and we have checked yes for that option. The glossary mentions COPR and immigrant visa as items that qualify as "status in Canada." As I am not a PR yet, we have not answered yes to the question that asks if any of their family members is a PR or citizen. We are mentioning that they are accompanying their daughter who has recently obtained status in Canada. But the documents required still lists invitation letter. We dont have immediate family in Canada and my parents will stay with me while they are in Canada. What are my options? Any idea?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Unless you have landed you’re not PR of Canada technically. That COPR we get is active only after its stamped by CBSA agent. So you can’t really write an invitation letter yet. That’s my thought. If someone knows otherwise May be they can correct me
Just saw this response.
Exactly.

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
You have to be a landed PR to invite them.
You need to land on your own first.
There is an option that asks if they are accompanying someone who has newly received status in Canada - and we have checked yes for that option. The glossary mentions COPR and immigrant visa as items that qualify as "status in Canada." As I am not a PR yet, we have not answered yes to the question that asks if any of their family members is a PR or citizen. We are mentioning that they are accompanying their daughter who has recently obtained status in Canada. But the documents required still lists invitation letter. We dont have immediate family in Canada and my parents will stay with me while they are in Canada. What are my options? Any idea?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Imo you can't write them an invitation letter.
You need to have established a base in Canada to be able to issue an invitation letter.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Any updates guys?
Another week about to end in a day. It’s very tough to wake up every day with disappointment. I am not receiving any replies from emails I have sent so far. Also, I am not getting connected to agent and if I do get connected, it gets disconnected by the time agent is done with asking details. Feeling hopeless and helpless. Don’t know when all this will end.