FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Are you sure the link is correct? I googled CBSA notes but came up with different site: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html I am confused. Thank you
Gcmsnow.com is a private agency that helps you get gcms/cbsa notes if you do not have anyone in Canada that you can have it done by.

Basically, when you get Gcms or cbsa notes you use Canada's Access to Information Privacy Act. And only people in Cananda or Canadian Citizens can order this. So if you are not there and have no one in Cananda who can do it on your behalf, you hire agencies like these.

My friend @ts270890 sent you that link because he thought it is well explained there.

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Gcmsnow.com is a private agency that helps you get gcms/cbsa notes if you do not have anyone in Canada that you can have it done by.

Basically, when you get Gcms or cbsa notes you use Canada's Access to Information Privacy Act. And only people in Cananda or Canadian Citizens can order this. So if you are not there and have no one in Cananda who can do it on your behalf, you hire agencies like these.

My friend @ts270890 sent you that link because he thought it is well explained there.
Thanks, got you. In short, anyone who wants to order NOTES outside Canada will have to hire agents to do that on his/her behalf. Right?

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Thanks, got you. In short, anyone who wants to order NOTES outside Canada will have to hire agents to do that on his/her behalf. Right?
Unless you have someone in Canada or is a Canadian citizen that you can trust your personal information on.

If you have soneone like that, it will only cost you 5 CAD. Going through an agency will cost around 20 CAD

Reactions: ghost023

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha, thanks for the quick reply. Yeah my revised score is still greater than the cut off score. I have tried raising CSE, called customer agent but to no avail
Then there is noting to worry as such from application point of view. But sadly the inordinate delay can’t be helped. You just need to hope someone picks your file soon because it will get approved if its picked.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Extensive travel history

Hello kind folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I was only required to produce upfront PCCs for the UK and India, which I did.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Extensive travel history

Hello kind folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.
It is indeed too early to start worrying. people like me on this forum reached 6 months timeline before your AOR, yet we are still waiting :D

Are all these trips part of your job? If so, it is already explained and no need to worry
Also, having a lot of Schengen and US visa might be helpful for you as Canada shares security info with US, Australia, UK, EU, etc. So, if you already have profile in those countries, then it might be easier for CIC to verify your info

wellkh

Dec 14, 2018
BGC is either eligibility, criminality or security. You should have been more specific in your question. When next you call ask specifically about the status of those 3 things.
Agent told me that I passed eglibility

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Extensive travel history

Don't worry about your travel history. We had well over 100 trips to all that you've mentioned. Travel history maxed out their form in less than 2 years. We also had 4 PCCs. It only took 4 months to approve the case.... ppr was another story..... that took an extra 3 months.

Crizza

Jun 14, 2018
So i have called cic this morning and asked them about my application which is 7 months now and counting and they said that they still need time to progress my application! Criminality in progress,security not started that is what he told me! But thanks God he said that there is no problem to my application i just need to wait a little longer! Gosh! I am inland applicant by the way express entry under FSTP

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
So, my distribution of travel by geography is 50% in the Schengen area, 15% to the US, about 25% to Asia (incl. China), and the final 10% to Mexico, South America, Africa and the Middle East. The distribution by purpose of travel is 75% for work, and 25% tourism (or other). But you brought up a point that I hope is true (though not easy to prove): The broader your travel the richer your file is in terms of data points and international info sharing, which adds confidence to your profile, I suppose?

I truly empathize with the amount of time you guys have had to wait - it's likely 6x the anxiety I've already been through!

It is indeed too early to start worrying. people like me on this forum reached 6 months timeline before your AOR, yet we are still waiting :D

Are all these trips part of your job? If so, it is already explained and no need to worry
Also, having a lot of Schengen and US visa might be helpful for you as Canada shares security info with US, Australia, UK, EU, etc. So, if you already have profile in those countries, then it might be easier for CIC to verify your info

wellkh

Dec 14, 2018
So i have called cic this morning and asked them about my application which is 7 months now and counting and they said that they still need time to progress my application! Criminality in progress,security not started that is what he told me! But thanks God he said that there is no problem to my application i just need to wait a little longer! Gosh! I am inland applicant by the way express entry under FSTP
what is FSTP
?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thank you for putting my mind to ease!
Why the delay between your file being approved and the PPR? Did you find out through the call center that your file had already been approved at the 4-month mark?
Don't worry about your travel history. We had well over 100 trips to all that you've mentioned. Travel history maxed out their form in less than 2 years. We also had 4 PCCs. It only took 4 months to approve the case.... ppr was another story..... that took an extra 3 months.