June 2018 AOR - join here

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thank you for this. I think the agents discourage people to get gcms notes because this makes people ask a lot more questions.
@cansha and @ts270890 : Thanks for sharing this tweet and commenting on it respectively! The image is appended here for the reference of all concerned who are not sure if ordering GCMS notes helps or hinders their application (NOTE: Yes, I am a firm advocate of these nifty notes!!!):

@navinball and @Mr_nobody : Looks like the agent I spoke to last evening wasnt telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :p

Lastly, reposting the thought process behind ordering GCMS notes:

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Attention: Those who are waiting for Security to begin since Oct.

Despite multiple calls and CSEs, we do not know why the delay is happening and the agony is simply growing day by day. Someone on a Whatsa** group suggested that - As many of us should raise CSEs on a day that we all agree (same day), and seek for an update from CIC, which might enforce to them to expedite the process.

Now.. Before you jump the gun.. Yes.. None of us know if this will work. But we thought - Why not just try it out?

Our buddy @Prashant86_2000 was kind enough to prepare the below content. He let all his emotions explode and it was more than 2000 words. Since CSE has a limit of 1500 words, we than have to trim it out. :D

I propose, Monday 14th January, we all raise CSEs with this content and see what happens. You are welcome to share your thoughts. Please see below:

-------------------------------

Respected Sir/Madam,

I had applied for Canadian Permanent Visa under FSW Express Entry Program on <DD/MM/YYYY>.

The Background Check on my application was initiated on <DD/MM/YYYY> and there has been no change, since. I called IRCC help-desk on <DD/MM/YYYY> and was informed that my application was cleared for Criminality and Eligibility and the Security check was yet to start. I could not help but feel intrigued to know the reason for such an unusually long delay in initiation of Security Check.

I have inquired about the status of my application by raising a Case Specific Enquiry and have always received a generic response. As I am closing in towards the completion of Seven (7) months since my Application, I am neither able to figure out possible reason(s) causing delay in my application nor am I able to judge a tentative timeline for the approval of my file.

I completely understand the stringent processes our application goes through, quantum of applications received by CIC and even the resultant processing times. I do not ask for any information more than what I am entitled to. However, I humbly request your empathy towards my situation and help me understand a tentative processing timeline and plan my future course of action.

I thank you for relentlessly working on our Permanent Residence applications and genuinely appreciate the hard work and effort you put in.

Looking forward to receive a response from you.

Regards,

<FirstName> <LastName>

---------------------------------------------------

@Nishika22 @Ronja5200 @Gurpreet1112

Please tag fellow ark members to spread the news. Unity is strength.
Let's do it! Considering they are clearly sending us generic replies, let's send them a templated request of our own :p Poetic justice :D

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
June applicants waiting on PPR :

@Micky345
@Nishika22 Security not started (Criminality passed 26Oct18)
@DanFariasM
@macaly7 Approved Oct 18
@venkatesh87
@richa1987
@Onion mim
@Rubicorn@ Security not started
@bammy007
@arash2002
@Prashant86_2000
@ts270890
@Harmanhira87
@NASARIS Eligibility is still being reviewed
@rdimmi Eligibility RR since July
@Tazzo
@Singhne
@Ronja5200 Criminality passed Oct 23
@Gurpreet1112 Queue for review by an officer
@nawalh22
@mathansri
@amisanghavi
@Hanna1 File Approved Jan 3
@SACHINARDE
@ChiragShetty20 Security not started
@vickymalhotra Security not started
@pt.malik Security in progress
@Y@$h
@wellkh
@linda85
@lavanya31 Security not started
@B.B.

Total: 32

Just reply or tag me and say add me / remove me and I’ll update the list.
If you'd like your current status/any details included reply inline next to your name.
Thanks for the brilliant job of compiling this exhaustive list! Updated my details inline :)

Reactions: macaly7

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
calling is better i guess. i got my confusion cleared after calling. turns out its a non-issue.
Agreed! Calling is more case specific any day!!!
But I got a call agent going through a bad hair day so she really sounded like a replica of the agents responding to my CSEs and emails to CPC-CDT-Ottawa ;)
Let's hope we get some clarity soon on why security is taking so long to start...

Reactions: tobs

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
This is the second unfruitful week for us late october 2018 IP2. While we were nearing the year end few days back, @cansha had pointed out 19th Jan as a more reasonable date to expect some good news. I wonder if he had a logic or his gut feeling behind this. But, let's hope something happens in the next week and things start moving again.

Also, I personally feel the "internal processing" or "waiting for an internal document" is baloney...if it's not, how did the Security Start delay happen only to those candidates with similar timeline?

There is some problem and they are trying to keep our hopes alive... :p

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Agreed! Calling is more case specific any day!!!
But I got a call agent going through a bad hair day so she really sounded like a replica of the agents responding to my CSEs and emails to CPC-CDT-Ottawa ;)
Let's hope we get some clarity soon on why security is taking so long to start...
I have only experienced one terrible agent. What I realized is they prefer specific enquiries instead of questions about application updates.

Last edited:

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
This is the second unfruitful week for us late october 2018 IP2. While we were nearing the year end few days back, @cansha had pointed out 19th Jan as a more reasonable date to expect some good news. I wonder if he had a logic or his gut feeling behind this. But, let's hope something happens in the next week and things start moving again.

Also, I personally feel the "internal processing" or "waiting for an internal document" is baloney...if it's not, how did the Security Start delay happen only to those candidates with similar timeline?

He could be right. I have noticed Sydney VO yet to finalize Nov ip2 applications.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Are you guys awake or you have slept and woken up?

Reactions: Hanna1

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
@cansha and @ts270890 : Thanks for sharing this tweet and commenting on it respectively! The image is appended here for the reference of all concerned who are not sure if ordering GCMS notes helps or hinders their application (NOTE: Yes, I am a firm advocate of these nifty notes!!!):

@navinball and @Mr_nobody : Looks like the agent I spoke to last evening wasnt telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :p

That is a twitter handle run by an ircc employee like the ircc call center agents who are also employees. Besides I don't think it says anything about how the gcms notes are processed. 'No influence of processing' could mean no influence on the outcome of the application, like approval or denial.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018

We are hoping to get ours by end of February which is when our progress bar would be full, if we do get our PPR before then, we will host a party for a 100 persons in Toronto with tons of foods and drinks. We hope you will all have received your PPR too by then!

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
We are hoping to get ours by end of February which is when our progress bar would be full, if we do get our PPR before then, we will host a party for a 100 persons in Toronto with tons of foods and drinks. We hope you will all have received your PPR too by then!
Are you a millionaire? When is this party scheduled for?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing this. I tend to agree with this more than the call agents as this has more audience that one call center, and this brings more legal responsibility for CIC than call center. However, I should tell you that it is not that crystal clear always. All of the governmental groups and agencies have their own rules when it comes to ATIP (GCMS notes). Also GCMS may not delay CIC from processing but CIC is not alone, they work with other agencies such as CBSA and CSIS. We don't know about their rules and regulations.