@Rubicorn@ Security not started

@bammy007

@arash2002

@Prashant86_2000

@ts270890

@Harmanhira87

@NASARIS eligibility is still being reviewed

Total: 14

Just reply add me / remove me and I’ll update the list.
If you'd like your current status/any details included reply inline next to your name.
@macaly7 I am waiting too! Eligibility RR since July!!

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Again, as I explained earlier, agent saying that security is not started does not mean security is not started. It means that the last not redacted activity that the agent see is not started!
Plus, for most of people security does not take that long as it is merely just checking the name of the applicant to the database that they have to see if there is any red flag with that person or not
Makes sense.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
@macaly7 did you email NDVO? If you haven't then do as soon as possible.
I did on Monday.
Sent another yesterday to a different address I found for them. Yesterday I also emailed Sydney, raised CSE and accidentally emailed Australia. Only Australia replied to say it wasn't with them and it was being processed in Canada. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ishq74

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
No specific pattern. My eligibility is Met since August 02 but security not started till 21 nov i.e. my last GCMS even confirmed the same on call on Dec 26.
Call agents saying that the security is not started does not mean anything. They may not have access to the security part of your GCMS and some part of it might be redacted for them.Only GCMS notes can tell if your security started or not.

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
No I have not. I thought it is same as calling them. Isn't it same people handling both?
I just find they tend to give more details after CSE. Agents are hit or miss and sometimes very unfriendly. Also I like having stuff in writing.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@richa1987 may i know what was your security activities in 2nd gcms notes? was anything redacted? i learned today from agent that my primary VO changed from CPC-Ottawa to CIO-Sydney back in November.
This is for the purpose of security. They usually send the file to CIO for security purposes (for applicants such as you who passed criminality and eligibility).

Reactions: ts270890

Tazzo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Category........
AOR Received.
23-06-2018
Only for June folks.

Let’s start a counter to just check number of people who have not received ppr yet.

I will do the honors - 1

Please continue. We will come to know how many of us are sailing in same boat.
Add me plz..

Singhne

May 30, 2018
June applicants waiting on PPR :

@Micky345

@Nishika22

@DanFariasM

@macaly7 Approved Oct 18

@venkatesh87

@richa1987

@Onion mim

@Rubicorn@ Security not started

@bammy007

@arash2002

@Prashant86_2000

@ts270890

@Harmanhira87

@NASARIS eligibility is still being reviewed

Total: 14

Just reply add me / remove me and I’ll update the list.
If you'd like your current status/any details included reply inline next to your name.
Please add me also. Below is my timeline-

AOR: 17th June
IP1: 29th June
IP2: 19th Oct

DanFariasM

Jul 9, 2018
Venezuela
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO / Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Attention: Those who are waiting for Security to begin since Oct.

Despite multiple calls and CSEs, we do not know why the delay is happening and the agony is simply growing day by day. Someone on a Whatsa** group suggested that - As many of us should raise CSEs on a day that we all agree (same day), and seek for an update from CIC, which might enforce to them to expedite the process.

Now.. Before you jump the gun.. Yes.. None of us know if this will work. But we thought - Why not just try it out?

Our buddy @Prashant86_2000 was kind enough to prepare the below content. He let all his emotions explode and it was more than 2000 words. Since CSE has a limit of 1500 words, we than have to trim it out. :D

I propose, Monday 14th January, we all raise CSEs with this content and see what happens. You are welcome to share your thoughts. Please see below:

-------------------------------

Respected Sir/Madam,

I had applied for Canadian Permanent Visa under FSW Express Entry Program on <DD/MM/YYYY>.

The Background Check on my application was initiated on <DD/MM/YYYY> and there has been no change, since. I called IRCC help-desk on <DD/MM/YYYY> and was informed that my application was cleared for Criminality and Eligibility and the Security check was yet to start. I could not help but feel intrigued to know the reason for such an unusually long delay in initiation of Security Check.

I have inquired about the status of my application by raising a Case Specific Enquiry and have always received a generic response. As I am closing in towards the completion of Seven (7) months since my Application, I am neither able to figure out possible reason(s) causing delay in my application nor am I able to judge a tentative timeline for the approval of my file.

I completely understand the stringent processes our application goes through, quantum of applications received by CIC and even the resultant processing times. I do not ask for any information more than what I am entitled to. However, I humbly request your empathy towards my situation and help me understand a tentative processing timeline and plan my future course of action.

I thank you for relentlessly working on our Permanent Residence applications and genuinely appreciate the hard work and effort you put in.

Looking forward to receive a response from you.

Regards,

<FirstName> <LastName>

---------------------------------------------------

@Nishika22 @Ronja5200 @Gurpreet1112

Please tag fellow ark members to spread the news. Unity is strength.
Crap I actually raised one like an hour ago, but anyway, since the post is quite lengthy I fear they might just copy paste all of their templates in case they are afraid of missing something :D

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Latest notes as at 27Nov18 (generated on 27Dec18) show it’s still at Ottawa. Plus, spoke to an agent 4pm EST yesterday who was otherwise a nasty piece of works (SHE: ‘Ordering GCMS notes will delay your process as the file is out on hold while we generate them’
ME: ‘Oh really? That’s the first I’ve heard of it’) but deigned to confirm that the file is at Ottawa. Rest, she was firmly opposed to answering any questions, adding for good measure that I should wait patiently till the process completes its course - it’s been over 200 days I tell her and she says ‘Leave it to the experts, they do not expedite a process just because a candidate calls or orders notes’. I asked her what one should do in such a situation and she says raise a CSE (as if I haven’t done that already!). Don’t they get this information from the screen they refer to? Anyhow, security not started and Eligibility still at MET is the moral of the story. What a waste of time!
She is partially right. If the officer is working on your file, and at the same time, you order notes, the officer stops working till the time that they generate the notes. However, in reality and most of the time, your file is lying somewhere and no one even touches it. Even usually after a month, they generate the notes for you and the officer still has not touched your file!!!!

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
This is for the purpose of security. They usually send the file to CIO for security purposes (for applicants such as you who passed criminality and eligibility).
My PNP based paper PR application is also with CIO. Passed eligibility criminality for that by June 2018. I can't help but wonder maybe they don't want to waste resources so they have decided to rely on the security process of the first application. Unfortunately paper based PR is super slow which is why many paper pr applicant I know applied for EE.