+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Glad to hear from a fellow 'security not started' sufferer! I spoke to an agent just last evening who told me my security too has still not been initiated (after Criminality was passed on 26th Oct 18). She also concurred that the progress bar is a sham - rather a refreshing conversation to have with someone on the other side of the line. To cut a long story short, she suggested I raise an email request to Ottawa (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.c) telling them that in my case it is taking unusually long for security to commence. I've done the needful last evening, but have little hope they will act on it. I've also ordered my notes on 26th Nov, so someone will definitely have to get my file out at least by the 1st week of Jan when the 35-day period ends (as they say, notes are generated 30-35 days after being ordered). The agent herself mentioned that there is nothing we can do that will guarantee a look at the file by the visa officer - it's a game of chance. Having said that, cases are taking longer as the agent confirmed, and the progress bar is not helping since it's stuck at the 6-month processing period, which is no longer the case for folks like us!
You're pretty close. When did you E-Mail Ralph Goodale ?

I think we're getting married in your country, trying to decide between Mauritius and Seychelles. Where do you think we should go ? Thanks

Reactions: Nishika22

TOFluv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Finally called CIC, agent was nice but information didn't help. Asked if i'd received any mail. Confirmed my application is at CIO Sydney. Said my background check was completed and just final decision remaining and I should get a mail soon. Didn't bother telling him I already know final decision was made via CSE.
Already mailed CIO.
The wait continues...

Reactions: mathansri and tobs

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
You're pretty close. When did you E-Mail Ralph Goodale ?

I think we're getting married in your country, trying to decide between Mauritius and Seychelles. Where do you think we should go ? Thanks
Thanks! Pretty close is what I hope to be once security starts...sigh...
Emailed MP Ralph's office a month ago, and it was still security not started and eligibility in progress. No real progress since... Let's see if the mail or GCMS request triggers a movement...
Mauritius is a lovely place! I'd heartily recommend it as a wedding venue - it's dreamy :) But can't compare with Seychelles as haven't been there (maybe God sending me a sign to visit the neighborhood sights and sounds - Madagascar, Reunion, Seychelles etc) before granting me my much sought PPR :p

Reactions: EE456

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
File still in Sydney, nice agent suggested I contact Sydney office. Sent an email to all possible email addresses I found on this thread :D someone has to respond even if it's to thrash me. Let's see
I went digging for more Sydney mails today. I found two, I already posted them when I got a Mailer demon and I had to delete.
I've always been good at research, but Sydney, NS is bringing out the research scientist in me.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
OK time to convey my heartfelt thanks to my good friends here
Big shout out to @cansha for doing a wonderful job here helping out everyone
If anyone deserves a speedy PPR it's you
So I wish you speedy PPR :)
And to my other friends who were in the same situation like me and facing this endless torture of wait
@ishq74 @shishirkona @Micky345
Wishing you all speedy PPR too :)
Congrats @CoolSandy and thanks for your kind words. You can start planning for the move now. Excellent gift for new year!

I hope someone at least touches my file soon.