+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Greater Toronto Area
Yes. Planning to relocate there only as wife has been awarded teaching license for Ontario province. But there is a catch. When we applied in June, we mentioned we are planning to go to BC. But in October, Ontario College of teachers issued her license. Can we now land directly in Ontario or do we have to land in BC first and then move on to Ontario. Plz guide.

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Yes. Planning to relocate there only as wife has been awarded teaching license for Ontario province. But there is a catch. When we applied in June, we mentioned we are planning to go to BC. But in October, Ontario College of teachers issued her lisence. Can we now land directly on Ontario or do we have to land in BC first and then move on to Ontario. Plz guide.
You can land anywhere in Canada except Quebec.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Yes. Planning to relocate there only as wife has been awarded teaching license for Ontario province. But there is a catch. When we applied in June, we mentioned we are planning to go to BC. But in October, Ontario College of teachers issued her lisence. Can we now land directly on Ontario or do we have to land in BC first and then move on to Ontario. Plz guide.
Are you a FSW applicant or PNP?
If your stream is FSW, you can land at any Port of entry in Canada except Quebec.
TLDR: Yes

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
My representative said, I must land in BC first to avoid any complications. Do i need to confirm this from CIC.
what's your stream?
I hope you know that your consultant can be very very wrong?.
If you are an FSW applicant you can land ANYWHERE in Canada. Only Provincial nominees have to land in the province that nominated them

Reactions: JenineJac

JenineJac

Mar 8, 2018
what's your stream?
I hope you know that your consultant can be very very wrong?.
If you are an FSW applicant you can land ANYWHERE in Canada. Only Provincial nominees have to land in the province that nominated them
That's right, unless you are a PNP applicant, you can land anywhere except Quebec.

Reactions: tobs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
As per immitracker some 24/25 PPRs were recorded today. So quite a few may have been issued to people not on immitracker so I guess good day for many people.

But now that half day is done in Montreal I'm not expecting anything to move for me. And they have been super slow in last 3 weeks and I don't expect them to work in next two weeks (if they haven't worked in last 3 weeks).

I think now I will wait for week of Jan 7 and hope for some movement. Very disappointed !!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Guys,
I just got the worst news ever.
My file has been approved at Ottawa (Ghost update on the 13th of December) and my application was moved to Sydney, NS.
So yh, good and bad news.
This is the most heartbreaking update ever. Now I know why I didn't receive my PPR today.
Awww! At least your file is approved, on the brighter side :) I know it isn't too much consolation compared to having moved to the second slowest office (after Montreal!) but I'm sure 2019 is going to start on a great note for you...I feel it in my bones :cool: