+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

montrealita

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Montreal Canada
Category........
If you have landed in 2013, then your PR is more recent. You should include ONLY biographical pages of all passports since you got your PR. Take your translated stamps when you call you for test/interview, they might as you for that at that time.
First thanks for taking the time to reply,
and sure your right that usually you should include ONLY biographical pages of all passports since you got your PR but i also read on other threads many people, their application where returned for not covering the 4/ 6 rule. So it depends on the officer whose reviewing your file
About the stamps, Me and my children are living in Canada while my husband still living and working in Saudi Arabia, and that by itself leaves the officer with lots of doubts especially after the fuss of passports of convenience ,that's why i decided to enclose the stamp translations and the travel history of the said country as a supporting documents hoping in way to be as much transparent as i can and maybe avoid an RQ ,

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
First thanks for taking the time to reply,
and sure your right that usually you should include ONLY biographical pages of all passports since you got your PR but i also read on other threads many people, their application where returned for not covering the 4/ 6 rule. So it depends on the officer whose reviewing your file
About the stamps, Me and my children are living in Canada while my husband still living and working in Saudi Arabia, and that by itself leaves the officer with lots of doubts especially after the fuss of passports of convenience ,that's why i decided to enclose the stamp translations and the travel history of the said country as a supporting documents hoping in way to be as much transparent as i can and maybe avoid an RQ ,
I don't thing there is any harm in attaching all stamps, I hope all the best for you

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've sent my wife's application package today.ETA to reach Sydney, NovaScotia is 6/22.
1550 days on days calculator.

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
How long does it take to get the date for Citizenship exam from the date one applies for citizenship? I am asking this to take preparation for test. Could anyone answer this please?

2nd question: What documents should I provide for my son's identity. My elder son is 13 years and younger one is 6 years. Thanks in advance.

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1465 days
Application sent from Vancouver on 19th June. Single applicant
Please update the sheet.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
June applicants I need your help here please. Now, I should apply for citizenship soon after meeting all requirements, but I have a problem; now my passport from back home expired in April and I didn't renew it. Say I want to submit my application in August, there will be a 4-month gab and they need explanation for that! would it be a big problem for me ?

joneslxj

Apr 6, 2012
1493 days
Application sent from Calgary on 16th June, 19th received. Family applicant
Please update the sheet.Thanks

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Application mailed today (19th June) from Mississauga.
Single applicant
1476 days
Application will be delivered on 20 Jun 2017
Please update the sheet

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
How long does it take to get the date for Citizenship exam from the date one applies for citizenship? I am asking this to take preparation for test. Could anyone answer this please?

2nd question: What documents should I provide for my son's identity. My elder son is 13 years and younger one is 6 years. Thanks in advance.
It is hard to answer your first question, but hope that it will take 3-5 months, so start preparing for your test bit by bit from the first day you submit your application.

In my daughter case, I've submitted her Health card and I asked the school to provide me with Index report card that includes her photo, this is in Ontario Carleton District School Board (OCDSB)

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
June applicants I need your help here please. Now, I should apply for citizenship soon after meeting all requirements, but I have a problem; now my passport from back home expired in April and I didn't renew it. Say I want to submit my application in August, there will be a 4-month gab and they need explanation for that! would it be a big problem for me ?
This is what I wrote based on recommendations from one of the immigrant services worker:

My passport with number xxxx expired on xxxxxx, I did not renew it because I had no plans to travel outside Canada. However, later-on I obtained a new passport with number xxxxx on date xxxxxxx. During this gap, I had no valid passport or travel document whatsoever.

sugarhill

Mar 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-07-2012
Passport Req..
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Seeking suggestion on child’s personal identification.

As per the Guide, two piece of identification required and one of them must have a photo.

I have health card but no photograph.
School record doesn't have photo and it doesn't show the middle name.

What are the other options? Please advise.