+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

NizYou

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Wondering if the June applicants did try to check the status of their application online, what answers are they getting.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

I've tried that :)

Result:
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process
.etc

Reactions: Shaikhzees

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I am also a June applicant, who got kicked in the face by Bill C-24. Missed sending in application then in 2015 by just a week and 1day. my question is:

Should we apply under the current rule, including the most disturbing ( intent to reside), should the law change, does it mean that the new law would be what is binding our citizenship even though we applied under a different law?

any answer is appreciated.

thanks
Joe

Once C6 gets Royal assent, that C24 clause (intent to reside) will be retroactively nullified. So, no worries.

Last edited:

Cool2017

Feb 14, 2017
Hi,

I have an inquiry regarding question 6 H (Work and education history). I was employed full time since I became a Permanent Resident. I also went to school for 3 mons course which was on Saturdays to prepare for a professional certification exam. Should I list this as part of education and check "yes" for question " Were you attending an educational institution"?

Thanks in advance.

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Hi,

I have an inquiry regarding question 6 H (Work and education history). I was employed full time since I became a Permanent Resident. I also went to school for 3 mons course which was on Saturdays to prepare for a professional certification exam. Should I list this as part of education and check "yes" for question " Were you attending an educational institution"?

Thanks in advance.
If you received T2202 from the school then no harm in adding. Otherwise you can show all your work experience.

Reactions: Aziz2k17

Aziz2k17

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
You should mark "Yes"
If the discussion about saying this group as as pre c 6 have not concluded than
I guess saying this group as pre-C-6 rule is not right. In my opinion this bill will take another 5-6 months to get Royal accent, even if it get royal accent it will still take another 4-5 months to be implemented by CIC.
Anyways, its disheartening that backlog is starting to build from May 2017 and if C-6 got implemented than our process may delayed further :(.

You can update my info in spread sheet as Application send June 2nd. Received June 7th for family of 3 from Markham ( Toronto might be my processing station)

iama

Jun 1, 2017
You should mark "Yes"
If the discussion about saying this group as as pre c 6 have not concluded than
I guess saying this group as pre-C-6 rule is not right. In my opinion this bill will take another 5-6 months to get Royal accent, even if it get royal accent it will still take another 4-5 months to be implemented by CIC.
Anyways, its disheartening that backlog is starting to build from May 2017 and if C-6 got implemented than our process may delayed further :(.

You can update my info in spread sheet as Application send June 2nd. Received June 7th for family of 3 from Markham ( Toronto might be my processing station)
I agree with you that implementation will take time but Royal assent is on monday

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Hi Everyone , planning to apply end of next week probably on 23rd June. Please help me regarding few details on the application.
1] When we are filling up address what should be the chronological order is it new to old?
2] If we have lived abroad every year for 45-50 days each year should we put those address as well with dates in the same order.
e.g
1 st Dec 2016- 23rd June Canada Address
1st Nov 2016- 31st November Over seas address
3] What should be the days we loose while travelling say traveled on 1st DEC- reached 3rd December. Till 1st i can enter i was in Canada and 3rd on wards overseas address. What about 2nd.
4] I just forgot the apartment number i lived in 2012. Just the street address help.

Thanks in Advance.

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
What is the process of the application.Correct if i am wrong
1] Application to CPC
2] AOR and File moved to local processing center.

So the time depends solely on our local office.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Well, the unfortunate sets of applicants ever. Yet, again, I am a week away from applying, the law changes yet again. I was a week away from applying prior to C24.
Should this C6 gets royal assent and implemented immediately, I will be stuck with the back log again. Almost ten years later, and I am still struggling to be citizen because of politicians. It is well.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Well, the unfortunate sets of applicants ever. Yet, again, I am a week away from applying, the law changes yet again. I was a week away from applying prior to C24.
Should this C6 gets royal assent and implemented immediately, I will be stuck with the back log again. Almost ten years later, and I am still struggling to be citizen because of politicians. It is well.
You should trust the efficiency of the government - the implementation of C-6 will take much longer than people hoped , so you will be fine lol

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
You should trust the efficiency of the government - the implementation of C-6 will take much longer than people hoped , so you will be fine lol
Right. I trust the government. After, almost ten years, I personally consider myself a citizen regardless. Lol.

By the way, any advice on how to complete Q6H? Work/education section of application. I have had full time jobs and part time jobs in between. How do I complete without creating room for overlapping?
Thanks.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Thank you for creating this thread,
Me as well were affected by c-24 , planing to send my file on 25th of June giving a waiver of 33 days plus
You better do it today or tomorrow maximum, before forms change expected sometime next week.

I've filled the forms and planning to send in 06/26 with 6 days buffer, if the forms were not revised by 06/23, I'll submit on 25th to avoid possible forms change on 26th!!!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
You better do it today or tomorrow maximum, before forms change expected sometime next week.

I've filled the forms and planning to send in 06/26 with 6 days buffer, if the forms were not revised by 06/23, I'll submit on 25th to avoid possible forms change on 26th!!!
I highly doubt the form will change that soon - that would mean they start the new rule from that day since the old form won't be available , and I don't think they can ever act that fast