+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

hic79

Jun 3, 2016
hi guys,

as i mentioned, i have sent my application (family of 3) on June 28, it was received on June 30. Today my wife and my daughter received AOR, i haven't received it yet. have you heard of something like this before?

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hic79 said:
hi guys,

as i mentioned, i have sent my application (family of 3) on June 28, it was received on June 30. Today my wife and my daughter received AOR, i haven't received it yet. have you heard of something like this before?
Hi, I'm in a similar situation, my application status changed to In progress on July 11th, but my husband's is still showing received. It does say on CIC's website that they will return all the family members application even if just one is incomplete or missing doucment. Since both your wife and daughter received their AOR, yous should be ok, you'll probably received yours next week.

hic79

Jun 3, 2016
Michelle00 said:
Hi, I'm in a similar situation, my application status changed to In progress on July 11th, but my husband's is still showing received. It does say on CIC's website that they will return all the family members application even if just one is incomplete or missing doucment. Since both your wife and daughter received their AOR, yous should be ok, you'll probably received yours next week.
I hope so. Thanks for the encouragement :)

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Just checked my Ecas status and its finally processing :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 8, 2016.

Processing means all my papers are correct?

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Just checked my Ecas status and its finally processing :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 8, 2016.

Processing means all my papers are correct?
Hi again,

Yes, it means that you met all the requirements that they are looking for at the moment. Then they have to check with other government agencies to confirm that all the information you provided is correct. Once this is done, you will then receive your invitation letter to write the test by mail. For some people, they received an RQ after the test. This usually makes the process to take a little longer as opposed to those who didn't leave the country or who left the country a few times prior to submitting their citizenship application. Cheers!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
We got AOR email this morning for my spouse application. Hoping to get the test invite soon.

App delivered : 24th June
AOR : 15th July

Good luck everyone !!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
My husband's application started being processed on June 24th and he receive his test invite today (issued July 13th).
The test is in 2 weeks in Edmonton, but we will be in BC on that date so he now needs to write a letter to change the date - I'm terrified that it means he's now going to have to wait months for a new test date

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
My husband's application started being processed on June 24th and he receive his test invite today (issued July 13th).
The test is in 2 weeks in Edmonton, but we will be in BC on that date so he now needs to write a letter to change the date - I'm terrified that it means he's now going to have to wait months for a new test date

It is absolutely up to you but I encourage you to change your plan in traveling to BC and stay for the test. Just assume that you postpone the test and then after few months (nobody knows when) you receive another invitation for the test, while you are having another commitment for traveling or whatever. Are you going to do it or to postpone the test again?
If you postpone the test, who knows when you are going to be invited again? It will affect (for sure) any future plan you may have!!

This is my advice and as I mentioned, it is absolutely up to you.

All the best,

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Thanks for your advice.
We absolutely would have changed our plans but he needs to be there for a job interview and we have a wedding there the following day so we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope it all works out ok!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Canooknic said:
Thanks for your advice.
We absolutely would have changed our plans but he needs to be there for a job interview and we have a wedding there the following day so we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope it all works out ok!
I highly suggest cancel all such plans and attend the test...As long as your file is going with the flow you will be fine and you will be citizen in just a matter of weeks / months, But the moment something changes it will be taken out from the queue and will start collecting dust for a very long period of time. I know someone personally ; their case was dragged for more than 18 months as they were sent the RQ form to provide proof of residency, job , medical records, education etc - Rescheduling a test is a one of the big negative triggers unless and until the situation involves life and death kind of emergency.

govind2015

Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Request
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
08-12-2016
Yesterday received the application back stating that online physical presence calculator printout was not signed and dated.. Simple oversight costing me almost one month.. The letter is dated 5th July but received only on 18th July 2016. I am resending the application along with duly signed and dated copy of the physical presence calculator. Also realise that my tax returns submitted for past years not yet updated on CRA website , hence will send copies though not asked in the check list , just in case... fingers crossed!

Wish me luck.. It is my spouse application and sent from Toronto..