+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
No decision made 165 days passed after test and they didn't ask any document or finger print.

Can they ask more documents after 6 months of citizenship test?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
No decision made 165 days passed after test and they didn't ask any document or finger print.

So sorry to hear you are still waiting for any progress. Crossing my fingers and hope there will be a change soon.

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
heeradeepak said:

Maybe call CIC and ask about the status? I called CIC around 4 months after the exam, then the status changed to DM 2 weeks after the call.

Called CIC again when the DM has been shown for 1 month, received the oath invitation again in 2 weeks after the call.

No idea whether it is coincidence, but it does not hurt to verify whether everything is ok and whether any communication get lost by canada post on the way.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Nov said:
Maybe call CIC and ask about the status? I called CIC around 4 months after the exam, then the status changed to DM 2 weeks after the call.

Called CIC again when the DM has been shown for 1 month, received the oath invitation again in 2 weeks after the call.

No idea whether it is coincidence, but it does not hurt to verify whether everything is ok and whether any communication get lost by canada post on the way.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Actually i call them many times and always got same answer processing time is 12 months.

ramadan

Jul 23, 2013
hi everyone
I have applied in June 2016 in Edmonton Alberta.
test invite was in september8 .finger print request November 4everything was done .decision made today.
when I click on it it doesn't say much just this.You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.
my question is how long till you receive a letter ?

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
ramadan said:
hi everyone
test invite was in september8 .finger print request November 4everything was done .decision made today.
when I click on it it doesn't say much just this.You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

2TO4 weeks

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
ramadan said:
hi everyone

I check mailbox everyday since DM, actually got the letter ~6-7 weeks.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Yesterday again i call them call center agent has checked the file and told me that only one clearance Prohibition is pending.

Any one knows why this clearance is taking so long time. I assume that all June applicants have taken their oath except me.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
On 22nd June 2017 one year is going to finish and my application still showing in process i wrote letters to Mississauga office, MP and Immigration minister but still I dont know why my application is pending for so long, can anyone from senior members advice me what i should do now ?

Last week I got minister reply to my letter as follows.

Dear Mr. Singh:

This is in reply to your correspondence of April 15, 2017, addressed to the Honorable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, about the processing of your citizenship application.

We realize that you are looking forward to becoming a Canadian citizen. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

As you know, citizenship applicants must complete immigration, security and criminal background checks before they can be granted Canadian citizenship. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

Since background checks are conducted in partnership with outside agencies, any delays that these agencies may incur are something over which Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has no control. Further information on why an application may be delayed can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5.

Departmental records confirm that your background checks are pending a review by one of our partner agencies. As a result, citizenship officers in Mississauga have not been able to assess your case as quickly as they originally intended.

Although unable to provide a timeframe for your application to be finalized, we wish to assure you that you will be contacted as soon as the results of the outstanding background checks have been received.

We hope that this information is of assistance.

Y. Levesque

Ministerial Enquiries Division

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
On 22nd June 2017 one year is going to finish and my application still showing in process i wrote letters to Mississauga office, MP and Immigration minister but still I dont know why my application is pending for so long, can anyone from senior members advice me what i should do now ?

Dear Mr. Singh:

This is in reply to your correspondence of April 15, 2017, addressed to the Honorable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, about the processing of your citizenship application.

We realize that you are looking forward to becoming a Canadian citizen. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

As you know, citizenship applicants must complete immigration, security and criminal background checks before they can be granted Canadian citizenship. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

Since background checks are conducted in partnership with outside agencies, any delays that these agencies may incur are something over which Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has no control. Further information on why an application may be delayed can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5.

Departmental records confirm that your background checks are pending a review by one of our partner agencies. As a result, citizenship officers in Mississauga have not been able to assess your case as quickly as they originally intended.

Although unable to provide a timeframe for your application to be finalized, we wish to assure you that you will be contacted as soon as the results of the outstanding background checks have been received.

Y. Levesque

This is a rubbish reply, it's unfair someone is delayed bcz of their own agency's fault!!

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Question please.

My wife and I are due to apply this June.

Is It okay if my wife and I send in our applications separately? I know people send in as family, but we could send in separately if we want right?

Thanks.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Singh:

Y. Levesque

Hi all,

Wants to share new development in my case today I received a call from citizenship office after verify my date of birth and address the guy told me that today he has approved my citizenship application and oath letter will be sent soon he said possible date will be 27 Oct after long time wait I received this news and guy was so nice, he said that he knows that I am waiting from long time that's why he choose to call me personally.

Still I don't know but seems that waiting game is over.

Thanks all