June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a July applicant waiting for oath. Can some one please tell me if it shows on your online status that you are scheduled for oath date??? Why is it taking so long for oath?? Even though it's Scarborough office but still! Ppl from the same dates as mine have done with their oath... any comments??

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Your case is Decision Made but for me 100 days passed after test but still in process only.
Maybe yours will be decision made within a few days. My status just changed last week from in process to DM (more than 3 months after test).

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
shahroze said:
I'm a July applicant waiting for oath. Can some one please tell me if it shows on your online status that you are scheduled for oath date??? Why is it taking so long for oath?? Even though it's Scarborough office but still! Ppl from the same dates as mine have done with their oath... any comments??
We are in the same boat... i dont understand what is going on with scarborough .. even applications that submitted in august... got through with oaths at scarborough office before us.. i dont know what they doing that... when i call they said when an oath become available it will be scheduled.. but thats ridiculous.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calibudd28 said:
We are in the same boat... i dont understand what is going on with scarborough .. even applications that submitted in august... got through with oaths at scarborough office before us.. i dont know what they doing that... when i call they said when an oath become available it will be scheduled.. but thats ridiculous.
In Surrey BC we have the same story !!!

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
Got oath invitation letter. Oath scheduled by the end of Jan. No updates shown online though. ;D ;D

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov said:
No, they did not update on the website yet.
Is there any explanation for the slow processing in Vancouver and Surrey IRCC. We have done with the test and interview for more than three months and still waiting with no any visible end or reason for this waiting. All what we get from the call center is that the processing time is 12 months as indicated in the CIC website and nothing can be done before that while we all see that so many cases in other areas were concluded and the applicants took the oath in an average of 3 to 5 months.
If anybody has any idea or similar experience please share.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
oldfriend said:
Is there any explanation for the slow processing in Vancouver and Surrey IRCC. We have done with the test and interview for more than three months and still waiting with no any visible end or reason for this waiting. All what we get from the call center is that the processing time is 12 months as indicated in the CIC website and nothing can be done before that while we all see that so many cases in other areas were concluded and the applicants took the oath in an average of 3 to 5 months.
No one Knows why this much difference of time.

My file is in Mississauga office 4 months passed after test but still ecas is showing in process only.

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
oldfriend said:
No idea why many cases in ON are so fast. Many people seems to see DM within 2-7 days after exam.

In our case, no fingerprints were requested. No missing documents. Passed the exam without problem. Shall be a normal case.

The oath invitation letter were issued 4~4.5 months after the exam (Called CIC after ~3 months and said it's just normal, the whole process are expected to be done within 12 months). The oath is scheduled about 6 weeks after the oath invitation letter issuing date.

My friend did it one year earlier than us, in Vancouver office as well, slightly faster though. Oath letter issued ~ 3 month after the exam.

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
Nov said:
No idea why many cases in ON are so fast. Many people seems to see DM within 2-7 days after exam.

In our case, no fingerprints were requested. No missing documents. Passed the exam without problem. Shall be a normal case.

The oath invitation letter were issued 4~4.5 months after the exam (Called CIC after ~3 months and said it's just normal, the whole process are expected to be done within 12 months). The oath is scheduled about 6 weeks after the oath invitation letter issuing date.

My friend did it one year earlier than us, in Vancouver office as well, slightly faster though. Oath letter issued ~ 3 month after the exam.
I guess there are too many applicant in ON, that is why they put more officer. What I observed BC is faster then any other provinces

Nov

Nov 28, 2016
NGE said:
I guess there are too many applicant in ON, that is why they put more officer. What I observed BC is faster then any other provinces
really? I thought BC is slower than others including AB cases. It took us about 9.5 months (sending the docs ~ ceremony), most of ON cases seems only need 3-5 months according to this forum.