+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Here is my online status says:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June XX, 2014.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June XX, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3.We started processing your application on July XX, 2014

I called CIC and they said my file is in mississauga office. Background check is completed. No test date is on file yet. How long do you guys think will take for me to receive the test date. What are generally next steps after they have completed background. I don't know what they are waiting for. I notice that people who applied in June already got their oath done. Please advise what to expect. Thank you!

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Just of curiosity I called CIC....I wrote my test on Jan 13th. To my surprise the agent told the letter is dispatched and my ceremony is on Feb 3rd 2015. :) .......

waiting for the oath letter now....fingers crossed....

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
u4g5 said:
6 Month n 3 days, isnt it awesome?!!!
congraz
THanks U4G5....I got the letters too in my mailbox......7 months and 3 days.....my file reached on June 30th......:)

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"As Prime Minister, it's my great pleasure to welcome you to our Canadian family. In choosing to immigrate to Canada, and to become a Canadian citizen, you have chosen the best country in the world. No other is as rich in promise and potential as our beloved Canada- for you, your children and your children's children"

How do you like this? Isn't it nice to receive a letter like this? Sure it is. Indeed that's a passage of the letter I received today with my citizenship certificate. Finally it's over, a very long day but was worth it.
I don't need to go through all the details because many other applicants did before, I just wish all of you will get to live this oath experience very very soon. during the ceremony I felt I was in Canada, not because of the flags all over the room or the singing of Oh Canada! but because the Judge is, I think, from Mexico and the officer is, for sure, Chinese and people from many many ethnicities were in the room taking the oath. That's Canada and that's what makes it unique.
On a side note, the judge told us about his story and how he came to Canada about 40 years ago and worked in a factory in Montreal for $1 /hour. Few months later he got a raise + 5 cents/hour. He was so happy, he said that he bought a lemon cake. He said he new he could do more so he went to the university, graduated and worked as accountant for few years then he wanted to do more and that's how he went back to school and now he's a citizenship judge. He then said" If I was able to succeed in this country then all of you can succeed and reach your goal". That was an inspiring story.
Good luck everybody. I will be around and will always be happy to help/answer your questions as much as I can.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
laxmikanthms said:
Just of curiosity I called CIC....I wrote my test on Jan 13th. To my surprise the agent told the letter is dispatched and my ceremony is on Feb 3rd 2015. :) .......

waiting for the oath letter now....fingers crossed....
Congrats!

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Goldline said:
"As Prime Minister, it's my great pleasure to welcome you to our Canadian family. In choosing to immigrate to Canada, and to become a Canadian citizen, you have chosen the best country in the world. No other is as rich in promise and potential as our beloved Canada- for you, your children and your children's children"

How do you like this? Isn't it nice to receive a letter like this? Sure it is. Indeed that's a passage of the letter I received today with my citizenship certificate. Finally it's over, a very long day but was worth it.
I don't need to go through all the details because many other applicants did before, I just wish all of you will get to live this oath experience very very soon. during the ceremony I felt I was in Canada, not because of the flags all over the room or the singing of Oh Canada! but because the Judge is, I think, from Mexico and the officer is, for sure, Chinese and people from many many ethnicities were in the room taking the oath. That's Canada and that's what makes it unique.
On a side note, the judge told us about his story and how he came to Canada about 40 years ago and worked in a factory in Montreal for $1 /hour. Few months later he got a raise + 5 cents/hour. He was so happy, he said that he bought a lemon cake. He said he new he could do more so he went to the university, graduated and worked as accountant for few years then he wanted to do more and that's how he went back to school and now he's a citizenship judge. He then said" If I was able to succeed in this country then all of you can succeed and reach your goal". That was an inspiring story.
Good luck everybody. I will be around and will always be happy to help/answer your questions as much as I can.
Congrats Goldline!

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email2kale said:
Congrats Goldline!
Thank you email2kale. I see we have almost same timeline.
Congrats.
Canadian4ever said:
This is the inspiring story of Judge Rafiq Rokerya. He brings pride to Pakistani community.
Good to know, I thought he was Hispanic from south or central America.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi CatchVB,

Thank you very much. Your words of solace give me enormous strength. I hope too very soon will be test letter from Vancouver local office.

All The Best

turnerpg

Jan 21, 2015
I have been in Canada for 3.5 years and I am filing in the Citizenship forms. I notice that they want the last four years work experience. Does that mean I have to get proof of my last job in the UK before I moved to Canada. Seems a bit irrelevant.

Has anyone had similar experience.?

Also, I have lost my IMM 5292 Confirmation Of Citizenship document. Is that a problem? I know I can apply for a replacement, but that takes six months. What's the best plan for this.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
turnerpg said:
I have been in Canada for 3.5 years and I am filing in the Citizenship forms. I notice that they want the last four years work experience. Does that mean I have to get proof of my last job in the UK before I moved to Canada. Seems a bit irrelevant.

Has anyone had similar experience.?

Also, I have lost my IMM 5292 Confirmation Of Citizenship document. Is that a problem? I know I can apply for a replacement, but that takes six months. What's the best plan for this.
I guess you need to mention the 6 months UK work too but no need to get any proof ...may be have your payslips or Offer / relieving letter...

Your IMM 5292 is very important document please get that replaced at the earliest.....

May be while applying the citizenship application instead of IMM 5292 documetn show the application form copy where you have applied for duplcate copy and write a clear letter explaining the situatiuon

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
modugula said:
Any update ? I was applied on same time June 2014 and still in progress and my file is in Sydney
Did you call and check the CIC call center.....