+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Quick Question:

My citizenship application is under process and the timeline is as follows:
Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Jan 16

My passport is expiring in a couple of months time, and I will be attaining a new passport;
Do I need to provide updates to CIC about the new passport that will be attained and does this affect the citizenship process in any way?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
thriller said:
Quick Question:

My passport is expiring in a couple of months time, and I will be attaining a new passport;
Do I need to provide updates to CIC about the new passport that will be attained and does this affect the citizenship process in any way?
Don't worry. When the time comes for document verification you can update the officer. In fact my Health Card got renewed after applying, so I told them about it during interview process after the test. So, they took a xerox of it that time to update their files.

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelavnzuo said:
IIRC colored copies of passport is NOT one of the requirements at interview, can someone confirm this? Also how did you manage to do color copies during the interview?
The agent shows me a UPS office in the area, and asked me to go there, and to come directly to he when I'm done. aI never heard also about someone having the same story.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thriller said:
Quick Question:

Hey, make sure you keep the old passport if you get a new one. If you don't have all passports on interview day...... :eek: RRRRRRRRRRRRQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Applicant friends,
I didn't receive any test letter yet, my local office is Vancouver?
My Time Line As Under:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Long time lurker here. Am also a June 2014 applicant (Family) from Vancouver.

My timeline is : App Received: June 26th, 2014
In Process : August 18th, 2014
AOR Date on Letter: August 13, 2014

No other status. No interview, no RQ, no tests...as yet.

Now I have a couple of questions that I am hoping some of you might be able to help with:

1. My passport expires in April 2015 (in 3 months) - renewal takes 2 months (India...ugh). What do you guys recommend? Should I send for renewal now and hope for the best? If I do get a test/interview date while passport is under renewal process (they keep the old passport while it's renewing), how should I be handling it?
a) Keep and carry a copy of ALL pages of current passport?
b) Do I need every page notarized?
c) Carry my renewal letter/receipt that proves passport is being renewed?
d) I have CBSA entry/exit list - that should be useful too I think, no?

2. Should I call CIC and let them know that my passport is expiring and I will be renewing and there's a chance that I won't have my passport in case the interview/test occurs while the passport is away?
a) Is that even useful to CIC at this stage?

Look forward to some guidance and advice.

Thanks a ton.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Applicant friends,
I didn't receive any test letter yet, my local office is Vancouver?
My Time Line As Under:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Man you are really desperate ;).. You have posted exactly the same message in almost on every thread. From April to December ..LOL
Don't worry you will be getting test soon. I think your local office is little slow.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Juners,

I got in to ecas today and no updates on my citizenship app However, My approved PR renewal status disappeared today.

Let me explain, until yesterday I had two sections, the Citizenship section (In process) and the PR renewal approved and status completed in Sept 2013, Today the section corresponding to the PR renewal disappeared .

Does anyone knows about this? is this a good sign ?

Thanks

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think they are working in your file and hopefully the test. are u from ottawa?

sanacast said:
Hey Juners,

I got in to ecas today and no updates on my citizenship app However, My approved PR renewal status disappeared today.

Let me explain, until yesterday I had two sections, the Citizenship section (In process) and the PR renewal approved and status completed in Sept 2013, Today the section corresponding to the PR renewal disappeared .

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanacast said:
Hey Juners,

Thanks
Probably a good sign. When did you apply and got approved PR.

I applied for PR renewal in October. It is still not appearing in eCAS.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
sanacast said:
Hey Juners,

Thanks
After Reading your post I have checked my ecas and found that mine too PR renewal approved line is not there anymore.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Probably a good sign. When did you apply and got approved PR.

I applied for PR renewal in October. It is still not appearing in eCAS.
I applied mid 2013 and got approved for PR renewal on Sept 2013.