Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
My friend and I applied together on same day and almost same timesline....he got test invite last week to appear for dec 12th from Mississauga office. We both reside in teh same building.

So I called CIC today and asked my status and the agent told me that my file was transferred by october end to Scarborough office...not sure why....why to Scarborough....

Out of my 4 years ..first 1.5 years I was in Toronto and remaining now in Mississauga .,...is the first considered for the local office decision or it has gone by mistake to Scarborough ?

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laxmikanthms said:
My friend and I applied together on same day and almost same timesline....he got test invite last week to appear for dec 12th from Mississauga office. We both reside in teh same building.

So I called CIC today and asked my status and the agent told me that my file was transferred by october end to Scarborough office...not sure why....why to Scarborough....

Out of my 4 years ..first 1.5 years I was in Toronto and remaining now in Mississauga .,...is the first considered for the local office decision or it has gone by mistake to Scarborough ?
The local office is based on your current address

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bnkcitizen said:
I live in the yonge and sheppard area, I guess my local office is also Scarborough ?

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
bnkcitizen said:
This statement is not always true. Depending on the work load of on processing office, CIC might send the file for processing at nearby processing office.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laxmikanthms said:

I think local office is based on availability nothing else. I live about 30 mn from scarborough office (on Victoria Park)and was invited to Mississauga which is 2 and half hours away.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
Sometimes the logic is not rational I guess.....in general how is the scarborough office timings.....

Goldline said:
I think local office is based on availability nothing else. I live about 30 mn from scarborough office (on Victoria Park)and was invited to Mississauga which is 2 and half hours away.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
laxmikanthms said:
Sometimes the logic is not rational I guess.....in general how is the scarborough office timings.....
Definitely not worse.

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in Brampton, and my file was sent to Scarborough (as opposed to Mississauga that is much closer).

Scarborough's timing depends.. in my case, I applied in August, and already have a test invite for December (which I can't attend unfortunately due to law school exam on the same day). Point is, I am hopeful that it's a good local office to deal with.

srinivas.vadapalli said:
Definitely not worse.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
Thanks NigerianCanadian......that was quick for you....my file (as per the customer agent) says they have sent to local office by end of october itself....Lets see how long they will take to invite for the test....

NigerianCanadian said:
I live in Brampton, and my file was sent to Scarborough (as opposed to Mississauga that is much closer).

Scarborough's timing depends.. in my case, I applied in August, and already have a test invite for December (which I can't attend unfortunately due to law school exam on the same day). Point is, I am hopeful that it's a good local office to deal with.

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are on the last day of this week, hopefully we hear few more test invites before staff goes on Christmas vacation

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
Just to give you an update my mom and dad who have similar timelines as me had their interview done today at 9:45 am @ Mississauga. They didn't take test cuz they are over 55.

So, awesomeness started when they were handed out the oath at the spot for 15th December! :D

Wished I could attend the ceremony with my parents as a family but extremely happy for the two most important ppl in my life :)

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
Congrats InjuredCold

injuredcold said:
Hi Guys,
Just to give you an update my mom and dad who have similar timelines as me had their interview done today at 9:45 am @ Mississauga. They didn't take test cuz they are over 55.

So, awesomeness started when they were handed out the oath at the spot for 15th December! :D

Wished I could attend the ceremony with my parents as a family but extremely happy for the two most important ppl in my life :)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I called CIC 2 weeks back the agent told me that the application is 'Complete'.
I called CIC today and the agent told me it is "in processing".
Both said it is in Sydney.

What does that mean? I am confused.. If it is complete then probably next step is sending to local office.
When asked how come lot of people getting test invite and waiting for oath from June and my application is not even transferred to local office the agent said "they are lucky and I am very surprised".
Feels like email AOR recipient are experiencing blackhole :)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is complete then probably next step is sending to local office.

catchvb said:
Hello Guys,

I called CIC 2 weeks back the agent told me that the application is 'Complete'.
I called CIC today and the agent told me it is "in processing".
Both said it is in Sydney.

What does that mean? I am confused.. If it is complete then probably next step is sending to local office.
When asked how come lot of people getting test invite and waiting for oath from June and my application is not even transferred to local office the agent said "they are lucky and I am very surprised".
Feels like email AOR recipient are experiencing blackhole :)