Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
yr97 said:
You call the cic, ask the agent and hope that he/she doesn't make it up
When the Received Line disappears .. means transfer usually. I confirmed it as mine disappeared 3 weeks ago and I called them and they told me my file was sent to Mississauga from Sydney

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86,
do you know the date exactly your file reached the local Mississagua office?
Is it like 2 weeks after the Received line disappeared?

sicko86 said:
When the Received Line disappears .. means transfer usually. I confirmed it as mine disappeared 3 weeks ago and I called them and they told me my file was sent to Mississauga from Sydney

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to your calculations, I should be getting the test date some time this month ::)
Well I am hoping we all get some good news before the close of this year! ;)

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
laras said:
sicko86,
do you know the date exactly your file reached the local Mississagua office?
Is it like 2 weeks after the Received line disappeared?
To Be Honest .. I am not sure .. I called them like a week after my Received line disappeared and they said the file is "on it is way" to Mississauga and hasn't reach there yet .. This was a week exactly after the received line disappeared ..

pravinsubu

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent my RQ with supporting documents to Mississauga office. They received it today morning at 9:45 , hoping for the best now. My documents weighed 2 kgs.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
pravinsubu said:
Sent my RQ with supporting documents to Mississauga office. They received it today morning at 9:45 , hoping for the best now. My documents weighed 2 kgs.
I have to send my docs soon to Mississauga office as well and weigh almost same or more. Did you send by regular / registered post?

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What exactly is a RQ (Residence Questionary???), I am reading the docs weighted 2 kgs, I can't believe it, what kind of documents are required ??

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanacast said:
What exactly is a RQ (Residence Questionary???), I am reading the docs weighted 2 kgs, I can't believe it, what kind of documents are required ??
credit card, phone bills, pay stubs, tax returns NOA and T4, rent receipts, and more..

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
We (family) had our test today at Vancouver. Test and Interview both went well. Interview done separately for each applicant in the family

The staff at Vancouver Immigration Office were very friendly, especially the front desk. The interviewing citizenship officer was very pleasant. He diffused our anxiety in the first few minutes. He was open to listen to anything that we had to say. He worked with us to validate all our claims in the application.

I had taken CBSA and CBP travel records obtained through ATI. That helped a lot to verify residency calculation within a short period of time. I would advice everyone to take them with you if you can. Residency verification is probably the most time consuming part of an interview.

My timelines:
App received: April
App returned: June (incomplete application quoted)
App re-filed and received: June
AOR: September
Finger Print: September
Test: November

Oath: 3 to 5 months indicated

Good luck to everyone. Hope to see progress for all our friends

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
curious78 said:
We (family) had our test today at Vancouver. Test and Interview both went well. Interview done separately for each applicant in the family

The staff at Vancouver Immigration Office were very friendly, especially the front desk. The interviewing citizenship officer was very pleasant. He diffused our anxiety in the first few minutes. He was open to listen to anything that we had to say. He worked with us to validate all our claims in the application.

I had taken CBSA and CBP travel records obtained through ATI. That helped a lot to verify residency calculation within a short period of time. I would advice everyone to take them with you if you can. Residency verification is probably the most time consuming part of an interview.

My timelines:
App received: April
App returned: June (incomplete application quoted)
App re-filed and received: June
AOR: September
Finger Print: September
Test: November

Oath: 3 to 5 months indicated

Good luck to everyone. Hope to see progress for all our friends
Brother, congratulation to you and family. Hope you get the oath very soon. Few questions though :
What is CBP travel?
When did you submit your FP? Or when did CIC receive the result?
Thank you.

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
BLT said:
Brother, congratulation to you and family. Hope you get the oath very soon. Few questions though :
What is CBP travel?
When did you submit your FP? Or when did CIC receive the result?
Thank you.
Hi BLT,
Thank you very much for the wishes.
CBP is United States Customs and Border Protection. You can get all your entries and exits into and out of US using the following link:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

I submitted FP around last week of September. It only took about a week for RCMP to send the FP report to CIC.

Regards,

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86,
why not try calling the CIC call centre to find out when exactly your file reached mississauga office, then you can make a rough calculation of 4- 8 weeks from that for the test date?

sicko86 said:
To Be Honest .. I am not sure .. I called them like a week after my Received line disappeared and they said the file is "on it is way" to Mississauga and hasn't reach there yet .. This was a week exactly after the received line disappeared ..

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
laras said:
sicko86,
why not try calling the CIC call centre to find out when exactly your file reached mississauga office, then you can make a rough calculation of 4- 8 weeks from that for the test date?
I will just wait and see .. calling CIC is headache and you have to stay on the phone for like 20 min waiting and it is a bit hard for me to do that as I am at work .. I assume it will take 2 weeks to reach Mississauga and 4-8 weeks after .. so I am hoping to get the exam end of November/ Beginning of December if I am lucky.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I agree, there is no point in calling again and again to put extra strain on the system.
If the case is taking its usal course, its better to just sit back and wait.
We will all get there very soon, hang in there! :)

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks sicko86 and injuredcold,
Looks like your time for test is coming soon!!
All the best!! ;D ;D ;D