Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
And is anyone preparing to receive an RQ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hear everyone is getting them now... I guess it's worth it in the end to start collecting the documentation if that does happen...

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
jhjeppe said:
And is anyone preparing to receive an RQ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hear everyone is getting them now... I guess it's worth it in the end to start collecting the documentation if that does happen...
Are you serious? everyone is getting RQ? where did you find that information?

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
My first application for CIC was received on June 20, 2014 but I was notified late September, still it is not in process and not able to see it on Ecas, not amidst getting into the 4th month of my submission and nothing yet, did any one had similar issue
Thanks

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
My first application for CIC was received on June 20, 2014 but I was notified late September, still it is not in process and not able to see it on Ecas, not amidst getting into the 4th month of my submission and nothing yet, did any one had similar issue
Thanks
I can't access e-CAS either. My application was received 6/16.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Desert Lion said:
Thanks
Many of us who received email oar have not got active ecas yet, for example 51smoker, eltorpe, jennas, me etc... Same boat lol.....Just wait

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
summer2014 said:
Many of us who received email oar have not got active ecas yet, for example 51smoker, eltorpe, jennas, me etc... Same boat lol.....Just wait
For a variety of reasons the government may choose to either acknowledge by email or by their system. For instance, if ECAS won't accept some input from your application (name, etc.), they won't bother raising it; rather they send an email to cover their workflow. Note that unlike PR applications, which have barcodes to automate validated data entry, the citz app does not -- they manually enter data, which becomes prone to mutations.

Now, if you just received emails, call cic to get an update, citing the email.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all applicant who received AOR by e-mail: Your application went In Process the day you received you email. I called CIC to know my application update while I also received AOR on 02/09/14 and the agent found in application is on process in their system. He said ECAS may be active sometime during the process and possibly when CIC send another e-mail for test schedules which is the next step unless CIC send any email on RQ or for to send specific documents/fingerprint etc..

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
To all applicant who received AOR by e-mail: Your application went In Process the day you received you email. I called CIC to know my application update while I also received AOR on 02/09/14 and the agent found in application is on process in their system. He said ECAS may be active sometime during the process and possibly when CIC send another e-mail for test schedules which is the next step unless CIC send any email on RQ or for to send specific documents/fingerprint etc..
+1

this is consistent with what i was told when i called them. The agent told me my eCAS 'may eventually become active at some point' but they do not have info when i should expect it because it is considered as an application in the new processing routine. Also confirmed my app was considered 'in process' the day I receive the email.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
51smoker said:
Are you serious? everyone is getting RQ? where did you find that information?
51Smoker

By everyone, I mean the majority of applicants. I Have 14 friends who went through citizenship in the last 5-6 years, 11 of them got rq'd. (They are all from different countries, cultures and have not much in common.)

Im waiting for mine... I've made peace with it.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't believe applications in the last 5 - 6 yrs are a good indication of what will happen from 2014 onward.

1. CIC has made a number of changes/updates to the RQ and now issues a much simpler form.

2. The new citizenship law which changed the process from 3-step to 1-step (officers can sign off on applications, no need for Judges).

3. Some people on the forum who received pre-test RQs this year are already citizens.

Unless there are specific RQ triggers with your application(e.g. extensive travel, unemployment, baby born outside Canada, etc), I would not worry about a RQ. Ofcourse, there is always that possibility of getting RQ for 'quality assurance' purposes.

jhjeppe said:
51Smoker

By everyone, I mean the majority of applicants. I Have 14 friends who went through citizenship in the last 5-6 years, 11 of them got rq'd. (They are all from different countries, cultures and have not much in common.)

Im waiting for mine... I've made peace with it.

CanIndia

Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked and my received line disappeared too.

I have received AOR long back but didn't receive the Book yet, should I call and check with them.

Thanks

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
SenoritaBella said:
I don't believe applications in the last 5 - 6 yrs are a good indication of what will happen from 2014 onward.

1. CIC has made a number of changes/updates to the RQ and now issues a much simpler form.

2. The new citizenship law which changed the process from 3-step to 1-step (officers can sign off on applications, no need for Judges).

3. Some people on the forum who received pre-test RQs this year are already citizens.

Unless there are specific RQ triggers with your application(e.g. extensive travel, unemployment, baby born outside Canada, etc), I would not worry about a RQ. Ofcourse, there is always that possibility of getting RQ for 'quality assurance' purposes.
Would unemployment be a reason for getting an rq?

I was unemployed for almost a year between 2010 and 2011...

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanIndia said:

I have received AOR long back but didn't receive the Book yet, should I call and check with them.

Thanks
They will ask you to download the pdf from cic website or email you the link.

They wont be sending you the book

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
CanIndia said:

Thanks
Which is your local office ?

Thanks