+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I haven't, should I ?
With everything moving smoothly, I thought I will spare the call center agents a break :)
Moreover, they appear to be giving differing answers all the time...

I guess I will wait a bit before picking the phone.....best of luck everybody. Hopefully lots of good news to come in October :D
laras said:
Hi injuredcold, Goldline, jhjeppe,
Did you try to call CIC, and find out if your file has been transferred to the local office or all your background checks are complete?

All the best!!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
injuredcold said:
No I haven't, should I ?
With everything moving smoothly, I thought I will spare the call center agents a break :)
Moreover, they appear to be giving differing answers all the time...

I guess I will wait a bit before picking the phone.....best of luck everybody. Hopefully lots of good news to come in October :D
Nice to hear a good and sensible comment. It is good to have patience always; especially when you deal with CIC.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from Calgary and this is what showing on Ecas as of today. Received line still there :(

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 14, 2014.

laras

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi injuredcold,

No you do not have to call CIC. Just comparing notes with you, as our timelines are similar.
My received line is still there. :-\
civic, our time will come... ;D
injuredcold, Goldline,jhjeppe, if you do ever call CIC, please keep us posted! :-*
Happy weekend everyone!!! ;)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TGIF
wait for good news this weekend!
i still think GTA applicant will get Test notices in Nov, and once they pass the test in Dec, Oath will be notified which is usually held a week later.
No more new backlog. dont forget after june 2015, # of eligible new Citizenship applications will be reduced dramatically and thats the time backlog from 2011 til now will be solved.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
u4g5 said:
TGIF
wait for good news this weekend!
i still think GTA applicant will get Test notices in Nov, and once they pass the test in Dec, Oath will be notified which is usually held a week later.
No more new backlog. dont forget after june 2015, # of eligible new Citizenship applications will be reduced dramatically and thats the time backlog from 2011 til now will be solved.
waiting for Nov

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
jhjeppe said:
Why would you get AOR by email?
guinea pig.

I am not in the guinea pig's list either.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to give a quick update.

I applied for my ATIP report on 9/3 (12 days before I received the e-mail AOR). I received the report today (10/3). I had also submitted a Case Specific Enquiry on 9/23 to update my address.

According to the ATIP report:

- CIC updated GCMS with my new address on 9/27
- Criminality Clearance has Not Started (and has a due date of 10/15)

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
eltorpe said:

I applied for my ATIP report on 9/3 (12 days before I received the e-mail AOR). I received the report today (10/3). I had also submitted a Case Specific Enquiry on 9/23 to update my address.

Anyone knows
After criminality clearance, will the file be transferred to local office?
How long will criminality clearance usually take?

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
eltorpe said:

Thank u so much for sharing. I wonder if the ATIP report tells u when ur file was created, by whom and the officer code. If there is no info about them, that means the case is not yet in process. And if im not wrong, the deadline they have to work on ur file is Oct 15th. They should do the background check/ criminal check by then. If it s cleared, then the file is transferred to local office.
My opinion above is what i understand from other discussions in other threads. Plz correct me if im wrong.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
summer2014 said:
Thank u so much for sharing. I wonder if the ATIP report tells u when ur file was created, by whom and the officer code. If there is no info about them, that means the case is not yet in process. And if im not wrong, the deadline they have to work on ur file is Oct 15th. They should do the background check/ criminal check by then. If it s cleared, then the file is transferred to local office.
According to the report, the file was created on the day I received the e-mail AOR (9/15) by PN6072. The Criminality Clearance is assigned to RC-8090 by the same officer on the same date.

summer2014 said:
My opinion above is what i understand from other discussions in other threads. Plz correct me if im wrong.
I hope you are right.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
eltorpe said:
According to the report, the file was created on the day I received the e-mail AOR (9/15) by PN6072. The Criminality Clearance is assigned to RC-8090 by the same officer on the same date.

I hope you are right.
That s really good. That means ur case has been taken care of. I notice that within 3 months after the app in process, test invites will reach u as long as they dont request any further docs. Good luck buddy.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
kumbu.bumbu said:
guinea pig.

I am not in the guinea pig's list either.
I can feel ur pain. But be not too upset. As long as they received ur app, you will hear from them.
I hope that u already made case inquiry to make sure they received ur app.
I think they just got too too many apps around mid june.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Im just trying to figure out when my app will be transferred to the local office? Im in Northern Manitoba, Idk if it's winnipeg, brandon or maybe even Thompson.

My ECAS is as follows.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 15, 2014.