+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
Today I have contacted the CIC and the agent told me that no one knows what will be the effect of the new regulation as he told me the CIC may go retrospective and consider all the applicants during this year as new and may be affected by the new regulations
I very much doubt your story. There is no need for this. The new Bill has NOT been come into effect, in fact it has not even passed. Even if it passes (which we don't know when it may happen), it is very very unlikely that it will be retroactive (i.e. effect applications that have alreday been submitted).

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can we check our online status before receiving the letter of acknowledgment?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodman36 said:
I very much doubt your story. There is no need for this. The new Bill has NOT been come into effect, in fact it has not even passed. Even if it passes (which we don't know when it may happen), it is very very unlikely that it will be retroactive (i.e. effect applications that have alreday been submitted).
it will NOT be retroactive as already confirmed by the minister.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodman36 said:
totally agree ;)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicationerror said:
finally!!, sent my application today,days accumulated 1117, absences due to travel:343.
Your and my situation is the same (days accumulated 1120, absenses due to travel:341).

Did you include any additional documents with your application?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueridge said:
can we use this as the June 2014 applications thread? or is there any other topic for June 2014 applicants?
1st of all, congrats on sending your application b4 the new law come into effect.
2nd of all, i do see another june 2014 application thread but you are welcome to participate both.
3rd of all, i will create a google document once i send out mine, which will do in a few days. i have 1098 days now.
so far, not many june applicant join us yet but sure there will be more.
This month is the last chance to get treated under the old law, in case the government do get their wishes and pass the bill through all legislative procedure,and C-24 receives royal assent on july 1st.

Good luck!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all,
can we check our online status before receiving the letter of acknowledgment?

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
I did not say the law once passed will be retroactive but the agent told me it might be retroactive, no one knows such information, but that I what I was told by CIC

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what i think is that when cic receives the applications, they do not open it immediately, they open one by one on turn. if the bill passes, they may send the closed applications back as usually happens when they have enough applications for immigration each year. they send the rest back.

Desert Lion said:
I did not say the law once passed will be retroactive but the agent told me it might be retroactive, no one knows such information, but that I what I was told by CIC

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Exactly om saif, this is what the Immigration agent told me,the file we submit does not get open right away, it may take time and once he law is passed they may consider such file as retrospective

Blueridge

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and now Newyork
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2009
AOR Received.
26-05-2009
File Transfer...
08-12-2009
Med's Request
01-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2010
u4g5 said:
1st of all, congrats on sending your application b4 the new law come into effect.
2nd of all, i do see another june 2014 application thread but you are welcome to participate both.
3rd of all, i will create a google document once i send out mine, which will do in a few days. i have 1098 days now.
so far, not many june applicant join us yet but sure there will be more.
This month is the last chance to get treated under the old law, in case the government do get their wishes and pass the bill through all legislative procedure,and C-24 receives royal assent on july 1st.

Good luck!
Hi, Please give link to the other June 2014 applicants thread

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
what i think is that when cic receives the applications, they do not open it immediately, they open one by one on turn. if the bill passes, they may send the closed applications back as usually happens when they have enough applications for immigration each year. they send the rest back.
This is contradictory to what people say when they get their applications sent back, the application is stamped with the date it was received by CIC. ECAS also shows the received date.

Bill C-24 states that applications made under the old act will not be subject to the provisions we are all worried about in the new act. However a few people have suggested CIC won't consider an application made until ECAS shows in progress, using what happened when the fee change were implemented. I don't think this will be the case since C-24 has a specific clause about existing applications and is a different beast from the fee changes.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I will accumulate my 1095 on June 16, 2014, and I am planning to mail the application on June 23th when I will have 1099 days.

You guys think I still have a chance?

When is the royal assessment?

Thanks a lot.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
I will accumulate my 1095 on June 16, 2014, and I am planning to mail the application on June 23th when I will have 1099 days.

You guys think I still have a chance?

When is the royal assessment?

Thanks a lot.
June 16 >>> 1095 days
June 23>>>1102 days............................... NOT 1099. Make sure you count your days correctly.