+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
if it makes your total days in Canada less then 1095 it may be an issue if not no worries. They know we are not computers and everybody makes mistakes.
But I think it's in your benefit. It's an entry to Canada so in fact you entered Canada one day earlier. It adds another day to your residency
Congratulations Goldline ... I just noticed that u r done with ur test .. mine is next week and I'm really find it hard to memorize all the names and the dates ... do they focus on that in the test ? or its general ?

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
Congratulations Goldline ... I just noticed that u r done with ur test .. mine is next week and I'm really find it hard to memorize all the names and the dates ... do they focus on that in the test ? or its general ?
Good question

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
Don't worry. I felt the same and as I said in a previous post I was sick of reading about all those names and dates. Also you don't need to memorize the names you just need to know them.
Exemple. The prime minister of Canada is:
A-Bill Clinton
B-Terry Fox
C-Stephan Harper
D-John Graves Simcoe
Even if you don't know the name of the prime minister of Canada, you know who's A who's B and who's D because you read about them
Now if I ask you : what's the name of the prime minister of Canada ? you may not be able to answer because you didn't and you can't memorize all the names
Don't spend too much time trying to read and memorize the book instead try to practice as much as you can.
Keep the good spirit and think like this. How many questions I may have about names 1? 2? and how many questions about dates? 1? 2? even if I fail all those questions i'll still be able to get 16 correct out of 20. and in my case I didn't have any question about dates and only 1 question about names. You will see how easy it is. Some questions are general and just common sense.
Good luck

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Don't worry. I felt the same and as I said in a previous post I was sick of reading about all those names and dates. Also you don't need to memorize the names you just need to know them.
Exemple. The prime minister of Canada is:
A-Bill Clinton
B-Terry Fox
C-Stephan Harper
D-John Graves Simcoe
Even if you don't know the name of the prime minister of Canada, you know who's A who's B and who's D because you read about them
Now if I ask you : what's the name of the prime minister of Canada ? you may not be able to answer because you didn't and you can't memorize all the names
Don't spend too much time trying to read and memorize the book instead try to practice as much as you can.
Keep the good spirit and think like this. How many questions I may have about names 1? 2? and how many questions about dates? 1? 2? even if I fail all those questions i'll still be able to get 16 correct out of 20. and in my case I didn't have any question about dates and only 1 question about names. You will see how easy it is. Some questions are general and just common sense.
Good luck
Thanks a million ... I feel less stressed now :)

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
if it makes your total days in Canada less then 1095 it may be an issue if not no worries. They know we are not computers and everybody makes mistakes.
But I think it's in your benefit. It's an entry to Canada so in fact you entered Canada one day earlier. It adds another day to your residency
Thanks a lot Goldline...

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
At last I see my eCAS updated.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2014.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
catchvb said:
I got the ATIP report created on Dec-15 with everything not started status. Now I have in processing since Dec-16. One more applicant got ATIP report with almost everything not started except criminal check.
When you said "everything not started", including criminal check? when I read my ATIP report, the criminal check's due date is 2014/09/25. However, the current status is not started. I'm confused

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SiKa said:
It's Sunday, any updates? Probabely the last Sunday of 2014 to get updates on ecas.
Not necessarily the last Sunday of 2014 we get updates on ecas since it could be a automated bulk process which update their system. but I am sure no more mail test invites until Jan 2015. Hope I am wrong.

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
OK Ladies and Gentlemen,
Let's end the week with some good news. I just received my oath letter for Jan 2, 2015.
The letter was dated on Dec 16 my landlord was late to give it to me.
I wish you all a great year and hopefully you all will hear from CIC soon.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pengyuen said:
OK Ladies and Gentlemen,
Let's end the week with some good news. I just received my oath letter for Jan 2, 2015.
The letter was dated on Dec 16 my landlord was late to give it to me.
I wish you all a great year and hopefully you all will hear from CIC soon.
Congratulations. When was your test?? and what did they say at the end of the interview about your oath?

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Goldline said:
Congratulations. When was your test?? and what did they say at the end of the interview about your oath?
I took the test on Nov 12th and they told me 3-5 months.

injuredcold

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends! Had my oath on Friday and the whole experience was awesome.
Everybody was so friendly and welcoming.
Arrived on time and then we were all lined up to go inside the hall. No food items allowed in the ceremony hall.
Upon entering, they took our PR cards, invitation letter and a signed disclosure letter to a clerk on the entrance. She checked everything and told everyone their seat numbers. Guests are seated on the sides and new-to-be-citizens in the middle.
Once all seated, clerk opened the ceremony with his remarks and gave us brief introduction of ceremony and a brief video was shown on projector about Canada.
After that he called in the Judge and member of local Police department.
Judge was very nice. She gave a brief yet inspiring speech about the significance of becoming citizen of best country in the world! Gives you goosebumps :)
Then we said our oath after the Judge in English and French (a handout was given to everybody that has the wording in it). Then they called each and every one of us to collect the certificate from the Judge. She was extremely friendly and patient, cracking light jokes and talked to each children at length in the most friendly way higlighting the importance of the certificate. Guests were allowed to take photos or make videos of their family members receiving the certificate from the Judge.

After receiving the certificate, each one of us signed a paprer that officialy made us Canadian citizen! :)
Once everyone had received the cetificate, there were closing remarks from the Judge and National Anthem - which we all sang and felt Proud! :D

That concluded the ceremony and after that Judge allowed everybody if they wanted, they could have picture with their family and Judge. Which was very kind of her, considering she is person of such prestine. Yet was humble, polite and extremely kind. She was indeed the perfect portrayel of what it means to be a Canadian and a role model :)

I had picture with my baby and wife - first time as a proud Canadian citizen! :)
Thank you Canada for making this dream come true.

Waiting for rest of my friends at the finish line - enjoy every minute of the Journey. As once you reach your destination, every moment spent waiting will all be truly worth it!