+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJ_002 said:
I received exactly the same ECAS update today- Not sure what it is...
Hi guys

So I received the letter today and it had to do with missing language proof. So here is my case:

I have done post secondary education in Canada (Canadian Chartered Accountancy) during the last 4 years so I submitted the certificate alongwith the un-official transcripts for both educational record as well as language proof. Canadian CA is a certification and not a degree or diploma. I am also a CA from my home country.

The letter was silent on missing or incomplete educational record but just stated that I did not satisfy language proof requirements so here is my plan:

1. Submit official transcripts for my CA program in Canada as proof of pose secondary education in English;
2. Submit transcripts of my CA program that I undertook in my home country (this is in addition to Canadian CA) alongwith a letter from my home country CA body that medium of instructions was in English.

Can anyone advise if these would suffice? Thank

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
SenoritaBella said:
Rock on! You got some connections at CIC or what? Just kidding. :D Congrats!!
Thanks SenoritaBella!

Exactly 15 days back everything was appearing dark with no clue where my application was... and since after posting online inquiry started seeing some rays and got to AOR stage now... and still more go.

Good Luck & Thanks to everyone! really appreciate this forum, which provided some helpful hints when in need.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
AJ_002 said:
Hi guys

So I received the letter today and it had to do with missing language proof. So here is my case:

I have done post secondary education in Canada (Canadian Chartered Accountancy) during the last 4 years so I submitted the certificate alongwith the un-official transcripts for both educational record as well as language proof. Canadian CA is a certification and not a degree or diploma. I am also a CA from my home country.

The letter was silent on missing or incomplete educational record but just stated that I did not satisfy language proof requirements so here is my plan:

1. Submit official transcripts for my CA program in Canada as proof of pose secondary education in English;
2. Submit transcripts of my CA program that I undertook in my home country (this is in addition to Canadian CA) alongwith a letter from my home country CA body that medium of instructions was in English.

Can anyone advise if these would suffice? Thank
I am not an expert though as per my understanding of CIC instructions only a degree/diploma could fulfill language proficiency requirements . Further , CA is a designation ,neither a degree nor diploma (though considered higher than a degree ) I would recommend you to send your bachelors/master degree ,whichever you have and you will be good. Another option is to take a third party english test , however that would be time , effort and money consuming .

Hope it helps!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with informatics, you need to send out a degree/diploma along with transcripts as the language proof.
At this point maybe it is better to start scheduling a language test ASAP.

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Informatics. I did read on CIC website that "You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French."

"A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad"

I would have thought that CA would atleast qualify as a post secondary program if not degree or diploma. Would it not?

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do have Bachelors degree which I obtained from my home country. Although the transcripts are in English, there are certain language subjects which ofcourse were in Non-English language so I am not sure if they would be ok with those?

Also the transcripts although in English do not state that the medium of instructions was English. In this case would it be ok to just send the transcripts since they are in English or would I need to obtain a separate letter from the University stating that the medium of instruction was English?

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Would you recommend applying for IELTS or CELPIP-General LS? Just by skimming through the website, the latter seem pretty straight forward and easy.

Jennas

Aug 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJ_002 said:
Would you recommend applying for IELTS or CELPIP-General LS? Just by skimming through the website, the latter seem pretty straight forward and easy.
Celpip is easy.

mnagah

Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My received line disappeared today. Not sure if that means anything. Does it?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJ_002 said:
I do have Bachelors degree which I obtained from my home country. Although the transcripts are in English, there are certain language subjects which ofcourse were in Non-English language so I am not sure if they would be ok with those?

Also the transcripts although in English do not state that the medium of instructions was English. In this case would it be ok to just send the transcripts since they are in English or would I need to obtain a separate letter from the University stating that the medium of instruction was English?
Why don't you schedule language test, get result in 2 weeks and submit. I do not think they count CA as language proof. There are lot of test option. If your degree is from South Asian country (even in English language) they may not consider. I will strongly suggest get done with the test IELTS/CLBT/CELPIP-General LS...whatever you can, get the report and submit it to them. I will save time/hassle getting letter from back home/explanation etc..and at the end leaving it on officer's judgment. I have heard CELPIP is easy and you get result quicker and you do not have explain.

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Cathvb for you advice. I am currently registering for the test. I had sent them my CA transcripts as response to my letter but now that they may not accept them again and send me a second letter, I am thinking to take the test ASAP and then send them the test report. I do have reference numbers from the letter they sent but not the original letter since they asked to submit that with my response, which I did when I sent my first response. Now I am thinking of just sending them the results of the test with a covering letter with reference numbers on it. Do you think that would be ok?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJ_002 said:
Thanks Cathvb for you advice. I am currently registering for the test. I had sent them my CA transcripts as response to my letter but now that they may not accept them again and send me a second letter, I am thinking to take the test ASAP and then send them the test report. I do have reference numbers from the letter they sent but not the original letter since they asked to submit that with my response, which I did when I sent my first response. Now I am thinking of just sending them the results of the test with a covering letter with reference numbers on it. Do you think that would be ok?
Hopefully you have sent Official Transcript this time. Otherwise you should not have sent the same details again. "Haste makes waste " :) It is not a big deal but try to send your language report ASAP. I think letter with language test report should be good. In your cover letter put all details like Name, Date of Birth, Address, UCI/Client ID, Current Passport Number, Reference No.,This will help them locate your file number. More information is better sometimes.
Do not worry everything will be fine.

AJ_002

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Catchvb. Yes I did send them official transcripts of not only my Canadian CA but my home country CA (both of these I had not sent in my original submission).

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
I am getting a little worried about my application because I sent it to Sydney on July 7th and it was received on July11th. Until now I am not seen anything on e-cas or any AOR by e-mail.
I am wondering what's going on with my application. Anyone else going through this same problem?
I am going to wait until the end of this month and if I don't see anything on E-cas then I'll have to send a Case Specific Inquiry.

Also to those of you who received your applications back because of missing documents, did anything show up on E-cas?

Yes I am a July applicant but I decided to ask in the June forum because I have received replies from a few questions I asked before. I would appreciate your helpfulness. Thanks.

Well guys, in reference to this original message, so yesterday I made a Case Specific Inquiry telling them about the problem I mentioned above. So I got a reply from them and the messaged included my Client Id and a nine digit Application Number that looked like this: CXXXXXXXXX
Is anyone familiar with this number that begins with a C?

And the message reads as follows:

"This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ________________,

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/07/10."

But that's it. I don't really know what else is going on with my application. So I think the best thing is to wait for another month and then send them another inquiry.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Dont worry, it looks like the email aor we received, the application number is provided. The app is not in process yet. We have to wait because as of now they r still processing many June applicants. Many july ppl are lucky enough to get updated ecas. But trust me, many ppl applied in June like me are still waiting.
Ur file has been created at cic. Just wait, but how long , we dont know, just finger crossed.