Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
Cos said:
It appears CPP-O is taking ages to issue CoPR in recent times ... My PP has been with them for 4 weeks now!
Don't quite understand why it takes so long to stamp the passport and issue COPR :(

Also, don't understand why some have to wait for this long while others get it in weeks. What's the logic? Once the passport is requested, a decision has been made so I presume there are no more checks to be done.

They should probably add processing times for COPR as well on the website...like they have for TRV / work permit applications. That way one can check what dates they are working on rather waiting endlessly for the passport to come back.

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
yosemite said:
Don't quite understand why it takes so long to stamp the passport and issue COPR :(

Also, don't understand why some have to wait for this long while others get it in weeks. What's the logic? Once the passport is requested, a decision has been made so I presume there are no more checks to be done.

They should probably add processing times for COPR as well on the website...like they have for TRV / work permit applications. That way one can check what dates they are working on rather waiting endlessly for the passport to come back.
Just like many things with CIC, there is high level of inconsistency and inexplicable sequence of activities. If it takes less than 1 week to get a visa for a country you've never been to before, one wonders why it takes more than 4 weeks to get a visa when every processing has apparently been completed. Only CIC knows the answer. The wait continues...

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
congrats to everyone who is getting closer to finalizing this journey.
I am wondering if any of the June applicants are still waiting for MR?
I applied in late May and am still waiting. Asked CIC about the status recently,
and they came back with the standard answer of 'application being in process, and no actions are required of me at this time'.
So I guess that's good news. Just wondering if I am completely in 'the tail' of the distribution or there are others who are waiting as well...

in any case, good luck to everyone!

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
sherych said:
congrats to everyone who is getting closer to finalizing this journey.
I am wondering if any of the June applicants are still waiting for MR?
I applied in late May and am still waiting. Asked CIC about the status recently,
and they came back with the standard answer of 'application being in process, and no actions are required of me at this time'.
So I guess that's good news. Just wondering if I am completely in 'the tail' of the distribution or there are others who are waiting as well...

in any case, good luck to everyone!
Cases like yours bring to reality, the diversity of processing times even in the CEC category. I suggest you apply for GCMS (if you have not already done that). Waiting is indeed a very difficult game but, you have my prayers to get there soonest. See link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Thank you for your kind word 'Cos', and for the link. I did apply for GCMS notes in April, so I got them early May. Eligibility was set to 'Passed', criminality 'In process', the rest 'not started'. So I think that my file is just laying somewhere and waiting for it's turn to be looked at by an officer. I was just wondering if anyone else is also delayed that much or not, I guess there are a few of us who've been waiting quite a long time. In any case, good luck to all who are waiting.

Cos said:
Cases like yours bring to reality, the diversity of processing times even in the CEC category. I suggest you apply for GCMS (if you have not already done that). Waiting is indeed a very difficult game but, you have my prayers to get there soonest. See link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
Hi everyone,

I am finally on the last leg of completing this long and quite trying journey to become a permanent resident in Canada. Today I got my passport back with the immigrant visa stamped in it. Now all that remains is the landing process. I live in Toronto and am told that I should land at the Niagara peace bridge. I do have a couple of questions on the landing process and some of the requirements:

1. It says a change in marital status- My boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen by birth and I became common-law 3 days ago under the requirement of having lived together for one year. prior to this my status has always been single. We live together as boy and girlfriend, do not have a shared lease (my rental lease is under my name and so are my utilities.) He moved in to my place end of May last year. We don't have any formal documents set up as a common law or married couple because we are really just bf and gf right now. We do share expenses like groceries and utilities but it is pretty informal. I am immigrating under the CIC- student stream and so its not a sponsorship. I do not want to lie or give any reason for the visa officer to refuse my application. Should I let CPP-Ottawa know about this before I make my trip to Niagara? If so, will this affect my PR?

2. What are settlement funds and how much money/proof of money do I need to show. I am a student and I am doing my internship in Toronto. My parents pay my rent and living expenses. Do I need to show a certain amount of money in my bank account? If so, How much is sufficient.

Lastly, thank you for the support and good wishes on this forum. Its really helped me a lot through the trials and frustrations of what thus far has been a positive experience.

Any help would be appreciated!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duerre24 said:
Hi everyone,

I am finally on the last leg of completing this long and quite trying journey to become a permanent resident in Canada. Today I got my passport back with the immigrant visa stamped in it. Now all that remains is the landing process. I live in Toronto and am told that I should land at the Niagara peace bridge. I do have a couple of questions on the landing process and some of the requirements:

1. It says a change in marital status- My boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen by birth and I became common-law 3 days ago under the requirement of having lived together for one year. prior to this my status has always been single. We live together as boy and girlfriend, do not have a shared lease (my rental lease is under my name and so are my utilities.) He moved in to my place end of May last year. We don't have any formal documents set up as a common law or married couple because we are really just bf and gf right now. We do share expenses like groceries and utilities but it is pretty informal. I am immigrating under the CIC- student stream and so its not a sponsorship. I do not want to lie or give any reason for the visa officer to refuse my application. Should I let CPP-Ottawa know about this before I make my trip to Niagara? If so, will this affect my PR?

2. What are settlement funds and how much money/proof of money do I need to show. I am a student and I am doing my internship in Toronto. My parents pay my rent and living expenses. Do I need to show a certain amount of money in my bank account? If so, How much is sufficient.

Lastly, thank you for the support and good wishes on this forum. Its really helped me a lot through the trials and frustrations of what thus far has been a positive experience.

Any help would be appreciated!
Congratulations on your COPR visa. As to your questions:
1. You do not need to update CIC about the common law partnership any longer as your PR application process is complete. Just go ahead and do your landing.
2. CEC applicants do not require to show proof of funds. However, it is advisable to have your proof of address/studies handy if this will be requested.

Good luck!

mrromeo

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
26-07-2012
Med's Request
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2013
sherych said:
Thank you for your kind word 'Cos', and for the link. I did apply for GCMS notes in April, so I got them early May. Eligibility was set to 'Passed', criminality 'In process', the rest 'not started'. So I think that my file is just laying somewhere and waiting for it's turn to be looked at by an officer. I was just wondering if anyone else is also delayed that much or not, I guess there are a few of us who've been waiting quite a long time. In any case, good luck to all who are waiting.
Its better we apply once every two weeks. In bad situations every week. I am applying every two weeks.

pjcanada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
Med's Request
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
27-03-2013
Passport Req..
09-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
mrromeo said:
Its better we apply once every two weeks. In bad situations every week. I am applying every two weeks.
Looks interesting way....can u pls check & respond to my PM.

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
Canadavisa07 said:
Got my MR and RPRF request today after such a long wait ;D , Can't express my happiness !!
Hey Canadavisa - Congrats buddy! I didn't check your post earlier.
I am so happy for you pal. Oh boy, I still rmbr the tensed PMs that we exchanged.. :)

Best of luck. :D

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
yosemite said:
Ssparkles, Bajgal is from a visa exempt country so does not have to send in the original pp.
Ohhhhh I see!

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
duerre24 said:
Hi everyone,

Hi duerre24,

Sashali is right in this matter, also to add that you have to meet 3 criteria for common law. One of which is that you do have to show that your finances are one, bank account income, spending etc resulting in household income which you do not have. So you're clear, just go do the landing now!

Congrats and Good Luck!

mrromeo

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
26-07-2012
Med's Request
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2013
pjcanada said:
Looks interesting way....can u pls check & respond to my PM.
hi pjcanda, i have responded to your PM. Let me know if you have any more questions and i would be glad to help.

artem

Nov 29, 2010
Hi all, I received my PPR with CORP last week. Here's my timeline: http://www.trackitt.com/member/rtem Cheers!