+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2012 Applications

stoneking

Feb 20, 2013
duerre24 said:
The blood test from what I know isn't so bad. They are checking for major disease HIV, to see if you are terminally ill in any way. If you are in general good health you ahve absolutely nothing to worry about. I had a client who has multiple sclerosis and got PR no problem.
When I said I am scared of the blood test. I meant the process... you know... needle. haha

mnjdev

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Biodata form on 13th march
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
RPRF requested on 1st March
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
28-04-2013
Folks - I also got the same email asking me to pay RPRF

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
stoneking said:
When I said I am scared of the blood test. I meant the process... you know... needle. haha
Ah, well PR vs. a needle prick. Which is more important to you?

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
duerre24 said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a weird situation. The NOC code for one of my jobs was 1241 Administrative Assistant and NOC 1242 Legal Administrative Assistant. I was a Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates. Here is a description of my job duties. I am concerned as to whether it could be interpreted as a lower skilled NOC. Below is a list of job duties in that role.

- Coordinating all administration and logistics pertaining to delivery of passports and immigration documents to the consulate, the client or the logistics company via courier and other delivery services.

- Accepting, and proofreading visa applications and immigration documents in order to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and consular procedures.

- Answering client concerns pertaining to visa application requirements, rules and regulations, consular processing times and status of applications via email, phone and in person and advising clients on their immigration categories and requirements.

- Opening regular incoming mail from the consulate, uploading the same onto the electronic database and distributing it internally.

- Tracking the status of applications in process at the consulate using electronic tracking software and communicating information pertaining to the status of applications to the client.

- Maintaining and recording applicant information and confidential immigration documents such as visa applications, passports, birth certificates and landed-immigrant documents using internal electronic and manual filing systems and software.

- Handling financial and bank related transactions, counting cash, and preparing the end of day financial reports and submission office tallies.

- Greeting clients at the point of entry when required, enquiring as to nature of business and advising accordingly.

- Cross- referencing client information and visa application information forwarded from the submission office to ensure consistency and accuracy on the visa application.

- Performing other administrative tasks to support management as assigned.

I put NOC 1241 and NOC 1242 ( which is legal assistant) for this role. I worked at an immigration law firm for a year where I was told that if your duties kind of spill over into two NOCs you have to put 2 NOC codes and that CIC will consider you udner both. After I submitted my application HRSDC emailed me regarding the above and said my NOC code was NOC 1228- Employment insurance, border services and immigration officers. Now I am a bit concerned. Do you think this could be a potential problem? I mean they are both in the same skill category. At the time, NOCs 1241 and 12 seemed to me to be more appropriate but now I am a bit worried. Any insights would be helpful. So far no one has been able to advise but if someone could give me their thoughts that would be helpful. My application still hasn't been looked at so if something can be done at this point I would rather know now than later. Thank you so much!

Can anyone please comment on that? I have a lot riding on this application.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mnjdev said:
Guys, please help to track the time from this request to the actual MR. It's interesting , did they totally separated the steps/officers determining the eligibility and medical evaluation (and we can expect the timeline from those steps to separate from June applications going forward) or it will still be going hand in hand separated by few days only? this may be another step in streamlining the process and implementation of eMedicals...

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Hello Duerre,

I guess nobody can give a definite answer to your question, but since all three NOC codes are skill level B, my opinion is not to worry about it. The CEC process is bringing lots of pressure and anxiety to us applicants!

duerre24 said:
Can anyone please comment on that? I have a lot riding on this application.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecbear said:
Hello Duerre,

I guess nobody can give a definite answer to your question, but since all three NOC codes are skill level B, my opinion is not to worry about it. The CEC process is bringing lots of pressure and anxiety to us applicants!
Are you on an open or closed work permit?

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
jsm0085 said:
Are you on an open or closed work permit?
I am on an open work permit that expires August 11th 2013. I ma currently in school again but have a job offer from a financial services company right now. I hope to have PR by then or I will have to get an LMO.

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
cecbear said:
Hello Duerre,

I hear you on the anxiety

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
duerre24 said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a weird situation. The NOC code for one of my jobs was 1241 Administrative Assistant and NOC 1242 Legal Administrative Assistant. I was a Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates. Here is a description of my job duties. I am concerned as to whether it could be interpreted as a lower skilled NOC. Below is a list of job duties in that role.

- Coordinating all administration and logistics pertaining to delivery of passports and immigration documents to the consulate, the client or the logistics company via courier and other delivery services.

- Accepting, and proofreading visa applications and immigration documents in order to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and consular procedures.

- Answering client concerns pertaining to visa application requirements, rules and regulations, consular processing times and status of applications via email, phone and in person and advising clients on their immigration categories and requirements.

- Opening regular incoming mail from the consulate, uploading the same onto the electronic database and distributing it internally.

- Tracking the status of applications in process at the consulate using electronic tracking software and communicating information pertaining to the status of applications to the client.

- Maintaining and recording applicant information and confidential immigration documents such as visa applications, passports, birth certificates and landed-immigrant documents using internal electronic and manual filing systems and software.

- Handling financial and bank related transactions, counting cash, and preparing the end of day financial reports and submission office tallies.

- Greeting clients at the point of entry when required, enquiring as to nature of business and advising accordingly.

- Cross- referencing client information and visa application information forwarded from the submission office to ensure consistency and accuracy on the visa application.

- Performing other administrative tasks to support management as assigned.

I put NOC 1241 and NOC 1242 ( which is legal assistant) for this role. I worked at an immigration law firm for a year where I was told that if your duties kind of spill over into two NOCs you have to put 2 NOC codes and that CIC will consider you udner both. After I submitted my application HRSDC emailed me regarding the above and said my NOC code was NOC 1228- Employment insurance, border services and immigration officers. Now I am a bit concerned. Do you think this could be a potential problem? I mean they are both in the same skill category. At the time, NOCs 1241 and 12 seemed to me to be more appropriate but now I am a bit worried. Any insights would be helpful. So far no one has been able to advise but if someone could give me their thoughts that would be helpful. My application still hasn't been looked at so if something can be done at this point I would rather know now than later. Thank you so much!
Fortunately, most of your duties fall into category B NOCs. You do not have much to worry about!!!

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
mnjdev said:
What time did you get the email ?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duerre24 said:
I am on an open work permit that expires August 11th 2013. I ma currently in school again but have a job offer from a financial services company right now. I hope to have PR by then or I will have to get an LMO.
Okay so the open work permit allows you to be more flexible with the NOC than those on closed WP.

As long as the selected NOC is at least skills B and the majority (or a good portion) of it's duties match what is on your reference letter, you should be fine!

mnjdev

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Biodata form on 13th march
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
RPRF requested on 1st March
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
28-04-2013
Got my Medicals :)

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
Congrats stoneking and mnjdev (my fellow June 11 applicant). Good luck to all June 2012 applicants!!!