4th June 2013
Passport Req..
9th August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19th August 2013
LANDED..........
20th August 2013
rosty2 said:
hi guys, good news for me today. I received an email from CPP-O that my application was approved and I guess medical request is waived for me. the email was asking me to submit the RPFF fees($490). that I paid right away and emailed them the receipt as indicated in the email. I am not sure why I did not receive the medical request but one thing is sure they say my application satisfies them so YAY!!
Congrats Rosty2 ! Great News. BTW whats ur Nationality?

iceman4231

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
thats the first time i am hearing of a medical getting waived ..lucky !!!

my medicals were received on 12th feb at ottawa ..status still In Process ...Sent email to cic for confirmation and as always ( incomplete reply ) they confirmed that they received RCMp check report of mine but mentioned nothing about Medicals !!!

anyone who did medicals got their status updated in ecas ???

cheers

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
rosty2 said:
hi guys, good news for me today. I received an email from CPP-O that my application was approved and I guess medical request is waived for me. the email was asking me to submit the RPFF fees($490). that I paid right away and emailed them the receipt as indicated in the email. I am not sure why I did not receive the medical request but one thing is sure they say my application satisfies them so YAY!!
Congrats rosty2!!

Unless you had your medical exams done prior to CIC's request, they would not normally exempt anyone from that. You should expect the medical request later today or by tomorrow! In my case, email receipt was in reverse order.

All the best...

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
Canadavisa07 said:
Congrats ! Can you please paste the content of the email ? What does your status show in ecas ?
the letter is in french, I am french speaker. been here in Canada for awhile and never gone out. I thought that possibly I might be exempted of medical request. But as Cos said, I think I will receive the med request possibly this afternoon.

jhoombarabar

Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th June 2012
AOR Received.
9th November 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
4th April 2013
Med's Done....
4th June 2013
Passport Req..
9th August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19th August 2013
LANDED..........
20th August 2013
Thanks Rosty2. Keep us posted

stoneking

Feb 20, 2013
Hi Guys,

I just got an e-mail from CIC titled "Request for payment for RPRF". I submitted my application in June, got my Acknowledgement of Receipt sometime in Oct 2012. Didn't get request for medical checkup. What does that mean for me? the content of letter is as of follows:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:"

Thanks,

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stoneking said:
Hi Guys,

I just got an e-mail from CIC titled "Request for payment for RPRF". I submitted my application in June, got my Acknowledgement of Receipt sometime in Oct 2012. Didn't get request for medical checkup. What does that mean for me? the content of letter is as of follows:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:"

Thanks,
It looks like they have a new step in the process now as soon as CEC eligibility is established. This is actually good, brings more visibility along the process (and keeps the anxiety a bit down :))

stoneking

Feb 20, 2013
sashali78 said:
It looks like they have a new step in the process now as soon as CEC eligibility is established. This is actually good, brings more visibility along the process (and keeps the anxiety a bit down :))
So do I need to do the medical check or not? I am pretty scared of doing blood test :(

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
This looks pretty good. I think they might be waiving medicals in some cases? Could be part of the new process to trim down processing times. Either way, sounds like really good news so congrats!

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
I think this is a new trend where they ask for RPRF once eligibility is established. Medical request will come soon after.

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
Hi Guys,

I am in a weird situation. The NOC code for one of my jobs was 1241 Administrative Assistant and NOC 1242 Legal Administrative Assistant. I was a Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates. Here is a description of my job duties. I am concerned as to whether it could be interpreted as a lower skilled NOC. Below is a list of job duties in that role.

- Coordinating all administration and logistics pertaining to delivery of passports and immigration documents to the consulate, the client or the logistics company via courier and other delivery services.

- Accepting, and proofreading visa applications and immigration documents in order to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and consular procedures.

- Answering client concerns pertaining to visa application requirements, rules and regulations, consular processing times and status of applications via email, phone and in person and advising clients on their immigration categories and requirements.

- Opening regular incoming mail from the consulate, uploading the same onto the electronic database and distributing it internally.

- Tracking the status of applications in process at the consulate using electronic tracking software and communicating information pertaining to the status of applications to the client.

- Maintaining and recording applicant information and confidential immigration documents such as visa applications, passports, birth certificates and landed-immigrant documents using internal electronic and manual filing systems and software.

- Handling financial and bank related transactions, counting cash, and preparing the end of day financial reports and submission office tallies.

- Greeting clients at the point of entry when required, enquiring as to nature of business and advising accordingly.

- Cross- referencing client information and visa application information forwarded from the submission office to ensure consistency and accuracy on the visa application.

- Performing other administrative tasks to support management as assigned.

I put NOC 1241 and NOC 1242 ( which is legal assistant) for this role. I worked at an immigration law firm for a year where I was told that if your duties kind of spill over into two NOCs you have to put 2 NOC codes and that CIC will consider you udner both. After I submitted my application HRSDC emailed me regarding the above and said my NOC code was NOC 1228- Employment insurance, border services and immigration officers. Now I am a bit concerned. Do you think this could be a potential problem? I mean they are both in the same skill category. At the time, NOCs 1241 and 12 seemed to me to be more appropriate but now I am a bit worried. Any insights would be helpful. So far no one has been able to advise but if someone could give me their thoughts that would be helpful. My application still hasn't been looked at so if something can be done at this point I would rather know now than later. Thank you so much!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stoneking said:
So do I need to do the medical check or not? I am pretty scared of doing blood test :(
I am sure you will get a MR soon. Don't think medicals are going to be ever waived. for one reason, it is important to establish you are not a public a hazard or significant liability for canadian health system, on the other hand it is another way (in addition to language tests) to drive local economy by making you pay the medical fees :)

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
stoneking said:
The blood test from what I know isn't so bad. They are checking for major disease HIV, to see if you are terminally ill in any way. If you are in general good health you ahve absolutely nothing to worry about. I had a client who has multiple sclerosis and got PR no problem.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duerre24 said:
The blood test from what I know isn't so bad. They are checking for major disease HIV, to see if you are terminally ill in any way. If you are in general good health you ahve absolutely nothing to worry about. I had a client who has multiple sclerosis and got PR no problem.
Maybe that client just forgot he got rejected...:)