+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
Hi

I'm a little worried about my application status; it's been processing quite fast overall but there are some details that seem a bit strange. My timeline (FSW-O):

1 July: Application and AOR
6 July: Biometrics submitted and marked as completed on both GCKey and the tracker site.
10 July: Eligibility marked as complete in a ghost update on tracker, no update on GCKey.

and then no updates at all since then.

What I'm concerned about in particular is:
1. The fact that eligibility is still incomplete on GCKey a week and a half after it updated on tracker.
2. Under the completed eligibility check, the tracker page says "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class", even though I am a single applicant and not under any of those categories.
3. The background check seems a little slow in comparison to the other steps.

Am I stressing over nothing or do any of these things seem unusual?

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
My tracker now says eligibility not started and background check and biometrics are in progress, but GC Key says they are now reviewing eligibility while background check is “not applicable.”

I know you said I shouldn’t dwell on these teensy-tiny details! I’m just wondering which of the two is more accurate regarding eligibility and background check.

Also, my tracker lists my home landline instead of my mobile as my phone number in contact details, which would be a very inconvenient way to reach me. Should I contact them on the web form to tell them I prefer the mobile number? They listed my contact preference as “online,” anyways. Do they ever actually call someone on the phone?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi

I'm a little worried about my application status; it's been processing quite fast overall but there are some details that seem a bit strange. My timeline (FSW-O):

1 July: Application and AOR
6 July: Biometrics submitted and marked as completed on both GCKey and the tracker site.
10 July: Eligibility marked as complete in a ghost update on tracker, no update on GCKey.

and then no updates at all since then.

What I'm concerned about in particular is:
1. The fact that eligibility is still incomplete on GCKey a week and a half after it updated on tracker.
2. Under the completed eligibility check, the tracker page says "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class", even though I am a single applicant and not under any of those categories.
3. The background check seems a little slow in comparison to the other steps.

Am I stressing over nothing or do any of these things seem unusual?
Okay, so here I go.

If the tracker says eligibility is completed, it is completed. GCKey will say eligibility completed when your passports are stamped.

Background check takes 110 days to finish as per old leaked docs, can easily take 2 months without comprehensive security screening. But if you are sent for comprehensive security screening, expect your COPR in 2024.

Given that your background check and eligibility both started very fast and eligibility is over - you are in the express lane. Expect background check to be completed very soon too. It is only an issue when they haven't started it. But once it is start it usually gets over in a month or so unless you are sent for comprehensive check.

Hopefully that makes you at ease.

Reactions: Aircall_visa

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My tracker now says eligibility not started and background check and biometrics are in progress, but GC Key says they are now reviewing eligibility while background check is “not applicable.”

I know you said I shouldn’t dwell on these teensy-tiny details! I’m just wondering which of the two is more accurate regarding eligibility and background check.

Also, my tracker lists my home landline instead of my mobile as my phone number in contact details, which would be a very inconvenient way to reach me. Should I contact them on the web form to tell them I prefer the mobile number? They listed my contact preference as “online,” anyways. Do they ever actually call someone on the phone?
Give it a week and then see what tracker says. For eligibility and background check, tracker is generally more accurate.

However, in my own case, the status in GCKey and Tracker was this when I got my RFV.

GCKey shows:
  1. Background check - in progress
  2. Eligibility - in progress
Tracker shows:
  1. Background check - not started
  2. Eligibility - not started
Ref: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-rfv-today-aor-jan-25th-no-update-in-gckey-or-tracker-is-it-legit.790058/post-10374160

Wait for a week or so and see what happens. Also, IRCC rarely calls people. I'm not sure if getting phone number corrected by sending a webform or calling IRCC is worth the effort. Your call I guess :)

Reactions: tedfaro

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
Okay, so here I go.

If the tracker says eligibility is completed, it is completed. GCKey will say eligibility completed when your passports are stamped.

Background check takes 110 days to finish as per old leaked docs, can easily take 2 months without comprehensive security screening. But if you are sent for comprehensive security screening, expect your COPR in 2024.

Given that your background check and eligibility both started very fast and eligibility is over - you are in the express lane. Expect background check to be completed very soon too. It is only an issue when they haven't started it. But once it is start it usually gets over in a month or so unless you are sent for comprehensive check.

Hopefully that makes you at ease.
Thanks for the feedback. This is more or less what I figured but it's hard not to stress anyway after having gone through the whole application process. This definitely makes me feel better about it though, so thank you.

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
What does your tracker say about security and background check - are they in progess?
Says the below in tracker for me:

Eligibility: not started
Background Verification: in progress
Medical: passed
Biometrics: in progress

I see no security tag or header in the tracker.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Says the below in tracker for me:

Eligibility: not started
Background Verification: in progress
Medical: passed
Biometrics: in progress

I see no security tag or header in the tracker.
Got it. Seems like your eligibility hasn't started yet. Let's see if this status changes in a week or weeks.

Reactions: shawn.s

tedfaro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
17-07-2023
AOR Received.
17-07-2023
Give it a week and then see what tracker says. For eligibility and background check, tracker is generally more accurate.

However, in my own case, the status in GCKey and Tracker was this when I got my RFV.

GCKey shows:
  1. Background check - in progress
  2. Eligibility - in progress
Tracker shows:
  1. Background check - not started
  2. Eligibility - not started
Ref: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-rfv-today-aor-jan-25th-no-update-in-gckey-or-tracker-is-it-legit.790058/post-10374160

Wait for a week or so and see what happens. Also, IRCC rarely calls people. I'm not sure if getting phone number corrected by sending a webform or calling IRCC is worth the effort. Your call I guess :)
Thank you, buddy! You’re so helpful.

Jasmeen@ kaur

Aug 19, 2018
Can I link my application in tracker if my application was submitted by RCIC under his Login (I do not have access to my file).

Following is my timeline for EEPNP (BC PNP) - Inland

Application submitted : June 09, 2023
AOR received : June 09, 2023
Medical passed: June 23, 2023
Biometric request for spouse : June 23, 2023
Biometrics updated: June 26, 2023
Background check Show Not applicable

Can anyone help me with the TRACKER.

Thank you

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can I link my application in tracker if my application was submitted by RCIC under his Login (I do not have access to my file).

Following is my timeline for EEPNP (BC PNP) - Inland

Application submitted : June 09, 2023
AOR received : June 09, 2023
Medical passed: June 23, 2023
Biometric request for spouse : June 23, 2023
Biometrics updated: June 26, 2023
Background check Show Not applicable

Can anyone help me with the TRACKER.

Thank you
Yes, you'll still be able to sign up for PR tracker. All you'll need is your UCI and passport details.

Reactions: ratexxx

ratexxx

Jun 30, 2023
Yes, you'll still be able to sign up for PR tracker. All you'll need is your UCI and passport details.
What's the link to setup the PR tracker? My application will be submitted by lawyers and I'd love to be able to obsessively track every step lol
Is GCKey something different than the PR tracker?