+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I received an email about ‘Your application status has changes’ around noon July 18th, but nothing changed when I check my application. However, I am able to use IRCC tracker now.
The odd thing that my medical results are not updating, there is still Not started, but Biometrics and Background verification both show In progress.
Has anyone experienced this situation with me? It seems to be different from most people on the this forum. :(
For BIL - look at GCKey. If it says, completed, it is completed. Tracker will say in progress for a long time.

For Background check and eligibility - PR tracker will be more reliable.

You are an inland applicant, iirc. Were you asked to do biometrics? If they are going to link your old medicals or bio, that update takes time. Outland applications have to go through new medicals and BIL which is where they "appear" to be faster. But that's just an illusion of faster processing.

If they have started your background check, you are very likely MEP and BIL (UCI linking never happens before that, which seems to be your case) + R10 pass (documents completeness check).

As long as they have started working on background check or eligibility - your application is moving at speed. It is only an issue if they for some reason don't touch your application at all, that would be an indication of delayed processing - but remember, they only have to process 80% of all applications in the 6 month SLA. 20% are likely to see the 6+ months processing timeline.

Reactions: 49Winkler

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Account opening date, account number, currency of account.
What about other info like average 6 months balance or debt? If it only has those three details, probably not sufficient to submit. If you don't mind, what's your country of residence and the bank? I can probably find past POF threads from it and share something.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
That's the point, average 6 months balance and current balance are both going to be shown in the statements I'm going to be submitting as well. I've seen many examples of people doing the same?
In my case, my bank wasn't providing the 6 month avg balance, but they listed closing balance with zero debt on my POF letter. I then attached 6 months avg balance statement to it to stay safe.

But, your POF doesn't have either of those and I'm not very confident in saying if that's going to be accepted. You can try one thing - search "{bank name}" + POF site:canadavisa.com and see what others who were from the same bank used (and what was the outcome).

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It's full statements of last 6 months in my case (which consequently show the final balance in the account in the end), I don't see why it has to be mentioned again in the letter itself? Sounds redundant no?

I've tried what you mentioned, no use.
As I said, in my own case I talked to a lawyer to see if my POF was sufficient, he gave me a green light.

But officially, the requirement is to have the following details on the letterhead(open to interpretation):

>These letters must be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead and include:

• the bank or institution’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • your name
  • your outstanding debts (such as credit card debts and loans)
  • these details for each current banking and investment account you have with them
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current account balances
    • average balance for the past 6 months
Ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Now, most balance statements aren't on the letterheads - which is were I'm not sure. It is not something where I'd want to mislead you and give an advice that leads to application cancellation :)

iceman212

Sep 13, 2020
As I said, in my own case I talked to a lawyer to see if my POF was sufficient, he gave me a green light.

But officially, the requirement is to have the following details on the letterhead(open to interpretation):

>These letters must be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead and include:

• the bank or institution’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • your name
  • your outstanding debts (such as credit card debts and loans)
  • these details for each current banking and investment account you have with them
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current account balances
    • average balance for the past 6 months
Ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Now, most balance statements aren't on the letterheads - which is were I'm not sure. It is not something where I'd want to mislead you and give an advice that leads to application cancellation :)
I'm aware of the official requirements. Balance statements aren't on letterheads but they have the bank logo and are stamped and signed just like the letter I have is. If statements can work for 6 months average balance, I see no reason for it not to work for current balance, especially when the latter is plainly mentioned. Just trying to see your logic here

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
I received an email about ‘Your application status has changes’ around noon July 18th, but nothing changed when I check my application. However, I am able to use IRCC tracker now.
The odd thing that my medical results are not updating, there is still Not started, but Biometrics and Background verification both show In progress.
Has anyone experienced this situation with me? It seems to be different from most people on the this forum. :(
What is your AOR ?

49Winkler

Jul 1, 2023
For BIL - look at GCKey. If it says, completed, it is completed. Tracker will say in progress for a long time.

For Background check and eligibility - PR tracker will be more reliable.

You are an inland applicant, iirc. Were you asked to do biometrics? If they are going to link your old medicals or bio, that update takes time. Outland applications have to go through new medicals and BIL which is where they "appear" to be faster. But that's just an illusion of faster processing.

If they have started your background check, you are very likely MEP and BIL (UCI linking never happens before that, which seems to be your case) + R10 pass (documents completeness check).

As long as they have started working on background check or eligibility - your application is moving at speed. It is only an issue if they for some reason don't touch your application at all, that would be an indication of delayed processing - but remember, they only have to process 80% of all applications in the 6 month SLA. 20% are likely to see the 6+ months processing timeline.
Thank you for your reply.

For BIL, the GCKey showed my old biometrics information, and I didn't receive BIL yet. (I am sure I need to update biometrics due to I am an applicant after June 14)

“If they have started your background check, you are very likely MEP and BIL (UCI linking never happens before that, which seems to be your case) + R10 pass (documents completeness check).” This is point I feel it strange as well,

For MEP, I have completed a medical check 2 years ago, but this time I did a new medical check as well after ITA. (I have called CIC on July 3rd or 4, they confirmed new medical report has been sent to IRCC already)

Thanks for your comment again!

MirzaAshher

Mar 10, 2022
EE-CEC
ITA: May 26, 2023
AOR: July 18, 2023

did anyone here get a option to pay biometric fees or received a biometric instruction letter?
I have given biometric last year for work permit.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I'm aware of the official requirements. Balance statements aren't on letterheads but they have the bank logo and are stamped and signed just like the letter I have is. If statements can work for 6 months average balance, I see no reason for it not to work for current balance, especially when the latter is plainly mentioned. Just trying to see your logic here
People also submit 3 months of statements and that works too. It is all your prerogative tbh.

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
what is the link to the new portal where i have to create account after getting CAN removed from UCI. cannot find it anywhere

Nvm found it. but my passport has only the given name and no surname, in IRCC documentation, i had given the whole name in surname field as instructed. how do i make the portal access as it has given name field as mandatory?

Last edited: