+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
For PR primary applicant has to do biometrics again. Even if it was submitted for Vistors Visa.
This is very wrong! If they did biometrics last year, it is still valid for 10yrs . The email they received is just generic and should be IGNORED

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
I think its safe to get it done, i had already paid the fees earlier so i think its matter of doing it again. I raised a query on webform but got the standard automated response. Not sure how they would correct it themselves.
You are in control of your decision anyways. But just so you know that your biometrics is valid

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is very wrong! If they did biometrics last year, it is still valid for 10yrs . The email they received is just generic and should be IGNORED
This is a bit backwards - biometrics are valid for ten years, yes, but PR applicants (generally) have to provide new biometrics; the exception RIGHT NOW due to covid is that they are TEMPORARILY waiving requirement to submit new biometrics.

So it's not because biometrics have ten-year validity that PR applicants are allowed to not submit again right now - it's only because of this temporary policy during covid.

Which means in practice: in most cases this has gone smoothly, but occasionally during covid they have sent new biometrics request letters.

It's up to the applicant to decide whether they want to try to 'remind' IRCC of the temporary policy or just to submit new biometrics to avoid any potential delays.

[Writing this now in part so that when/if the policy returns to previous, no-one will be confused.]

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
This is a bit backwards - biometrics are valid for ten years, yes, but PR applicants (generally) have to provide new biometrics; the exception RIGHT NOW due to covid is that they are TEMPORARILY waiving requirement to submit new biometrics.

So it's not because biometrics have ten-year validity that PR applicants are allowed to not submit again right now - it's only because of this temporary policy during covid.

Which means in practice: in most cases this has gone smoothly, but occasionally during covid they have sent new biometrics request letters.

It's up to the applicant to decide whether they want to try to 'remind' IRCC of the temporary policy or just to submit new biometrics to avoid any potential delays.

[Writing this now in part so that when/if the policy returns to previous, no-one will be confused.]
Still boils down to what I said. You don’t need to give biometrics. Until IRCC makes the changes, biometrics are VALID if they were given within the last 10 years.The policy has been in place since when COVID hit and no signs or proof to show that they have changed that.

if they already sent a letter(which in this case, they already did), it does come with a date right?
Even if in the near future, they start requesting biometrics for PR applicants, it won’t affect those who got the request prior to the start of the new policy.

In summary, the applicant can decide to give biometrics if they choose, but that is just a waste of time and money. ✌

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
if they already sent a letter(which in this case, they already did), it does come with a date right?
Even if in the near future, they start requesting biometrics for PR applicants, it won’t affect those who got the request prior to the start of the new policy.
Not sure I understand your point. If they do not request biometrics, there is no letter of request for biometrics (and hence no date).

In summary, the applicant can decide to give biometrics if they choose, but that is just a waste of time and money. ✌
No, for some it may mean extra time to get the biometrics request cancelled or straightened out in the system - up to them to decide. (Personally I'd suggest delay unlikely and if there is one, likely small - but can't say for sure).

Similarly: since they are waiving biometrics for those who have already given, many decided not to pay up-front the biometrics fee (logical enough). Unfortunately IRCC systems don't seem to automatically recognise this and IRCC is/was relatively often sending out the biometrics fee request. And getting that fixed (cancelling the fee request) that does seems to cause actual delays; and so for what many feel is not a lot of money, they probably should have just paid for the biometrics up-front. (BTW IRCC does seem to return biometrics fees pretty consistently, if not quickly, when they cancel or don't issue biometrics request letter.)

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did you say to the agent? Bec in my case, they said they cant give info since currently they are prioritizing other applications (refugees, Afghanistan, etc.)
THEY sent us a letter requesting for CSQ application, which we cannot do since never received SA. She looked up the file and said its true, no letter was generated even though online said decision made SA approved. She was actually trying to email us the letter but none was generated by the officer!! Sooo frustrating.

Reactions: keys8014

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
what does "Application/profile updated" means in the gckey account?

but nothing changed in ECAS, and i didnt received any email

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
what does "Application/profile updated" means in the gckey account?

but nothing changed in ECAS, and i didnt received any email
It means some work was done on it, but no one can tell you what that work was. It’s a good sign and your application is progressing.

Reactions: keys8014

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Here's my timeline :
PA : Vietnam VO : Singapore
Application Received: July 6, 2021
AOR1: September 4, 2021
Biometrics Request: N/A already done in 2020
SA and CSQ Request: September 8, 2021
CSQ Submitted: September 17, 2021
CSQ approval: October 13, 2021
AOR2 : October 21, 2021 from Singapore VO
Pre-arrival letter: December 3, 2021
Medical Request: December 3, 2021
Medical exam: December 17 , 2021
Medical passed: December 23 2021

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
All the best for 2022!!!

Did you receive PPR?

Here is my timeline

AOR1: September 7, 2021
Biometrics Request: September 7, 2021
SA: September 8, 2021
Biometric completed: September 16, 2021
Medical Request: October 28, 2021
Medical exam: October 31, 2021
Medical passed: November 3, 2021

Quoc

Sep 4, 2021
Did you receive PPR?

Here is my timeline

AOR1: September 7, 2021
Biometrics Request: September 7, 2021
SA: September 8, 2021
Biometric completed: September 16, 2021
Medical Request: October 28, 2021
Medical exam: October 31, 2021
Medical passed: November 3, 2021
No PPR and No DM(ecas) yet.
Hopefully good news for july applicants in January 2022 because I guess they slowing down for the holidays!!