+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
This is just ridiculous. I got to talk to the ircc agent on phone for the first time, she said she cant give any info on the phone regarding our application. And she said she cant see the notes why its taking long time for our application.

She also said she is just following the rules regarding priority cases (Afghanistan application, abuse, etc).

Alright canada, prioritize others and not the people living inside canada.

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Anyone familiar with the Virtual Landing PR Portal? I submitted yesterday, albeit, with a potential issue with my Photo. Curious how quickly they may respond with either approval or possibility rejecting the photo?

iam_abhisnair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question: I recently submitted (Nov 15, 2021) the spousal PR application for my wife via the PR Confirmation Portal online. Should I create an IRCC account and link both (once I get the UCI - no AOR yet) or isn’t this mandatory? I do not have an IRCC account yet.

I do not know how would they communicate for further information. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Abhijith

iam_abhisnair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
Anyone familiar with the Virtual Landing PR Portal? I submitted yesterday, albeit, with a potential issue with my Photo. Curious how quickly they may respond with either approval or possibility rejecting the photo?
They usually respond in 1-2 weeks at most. Could you please share your timeline? Thanks!

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question: I recently submitted (Nov 15, 2021) the spousal PR application for my wife via the PR Confirmation Portal online. Should I create an IRCC account and link both (once I get the UCI - no AOR yet) or isn’t this mandatory? I do not have an IRCC account yet.

I do not know how would they communicate for further information. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Abhijith
I don't think it could hurt to have a IRCC account. However, don't expect much other information as I haven't felt they update the status in a timely manner. My PR is much further along then than the IRCC site would suggest. I'm not sure what future utility the IRCC/QCKey account will have but I suspect there will be further value.

Reactions: Okotoks

djyxu

Sep 20, 2021
Should be weeks, not months. Hopefully under a month, but may be more busy due to seasonal processing (student visas etc).
Hey man. Thanks for the reply. Today I just got a email from VFS global saying

Your application, tracking ID No. (Tracking number here) has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Mon Dec 13 2021 for processing.

Regards,
VFS Global

Are they now sending it to the VO office or is it going to come back to me soon? Or is this saying they are sending it from new york to CPC ottawa for them to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone else weigh in on this?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are they now sending it to the VO office or is it going to come back to me soon? Or is this saying they are sending it from new york to CPC ottawa for them to take a look at it.
They have sent it for the visa printing. Probably to new york, but could be elsewhere like Ottawa. Wouldn't worry about it, difference in how long it takes to send by courier is trivial.

It'll get turned around and back to you before long. But no, can't be specific, will just depend.

djyxu

Sep 20, 2021
They have sent it for the visa printing. Probably to new york, but could be elsewhere like Ottawa. Wouldn't worry about it, difference in how long it takes to send by courier is trivial.

It'll get turned around and back to you before long. But no, can't be specific, will just depend.

Looks like i got the CoPR email today! I'm assuming the official one is coming in the mail.

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi,

Has anyone from this thread got a sponsor approval while unemployed ? I applied in September but I am currently unemployed.

I recently moved from US to Canada on PR and submitted sponsorship for my wife in India. I am unemployed but showed bank savings and mentioned that I am looking for jobs in Canada. I am wondering if I will be approved for SA(sponsor approval).

Has anyone got approved for SA while being unemployed ?

greengoblin

Jul 30, 2021
This is just ridiculous. I got to talk to the ircc agent on phone for the first time, she said she cant give any info on the phone regarding our application. And she said she cant see the notes why its taking long time for our application.

She also said she is just following the rules regarding priority cases (Afghanistan application, abuse, etc).

Alright canada, prioritize others and not the people living inside canada.
Sounds not helpful at all. Did you have to wait long over call before you got to talk to the IRCC agent? What contact number did you dial?

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone heard about CIC forgetting to create an SA approval letter??!! Told by phone agent 1st part is approved but no letters have been generated.... so she has to send case officer an inquiry ‍♀♀ which means more waiting....

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Sounds not helpful at all. Did you have to wait long over call before you got to talk to the IRCC agent? What contact number did you dial?
I called 1-888-242-2100 , i waited 15 min (called early in the morning).

She did not help, so i just requested GCMS notes, just waiting for it.

Also, i contacted our MP, they said wait 2 more months then they will contact ircc regarding our application.

Reactions: greengoblin

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Has anyone heard about CIC forgetting to create an SA approval letter??!! Told by phone agent 1st part is approved but no letters have been generated.... so she has to send case officer an inquiry ‍♀‍♀ which means more waiting....
What did you say to the agent? Bec in my case, they said they cant give info since currently they are prioritizing other applications (refugees, Afghanistan, etc.)

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I called 1-888-242-2100 , i waited 15 min (called early in the morning).

She did not help, so i just requested GCMS notes, just waiting for it.

Also, i contacted our MP, they said wait 2 more months then they will contact ircc regarding our application.
IRCC says:

Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing time than you can access online. If you don’t have a priority enquiry, you can