Vancouver, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
29-06-2020
Hi All,

Just starting a new Outland Sponsorship thread for July 2020. I just sent my Outland application today to the processing center via Xpressspost. Currently living with my Japanese common-law partner here in Vancouver, but applying Outland so my partner is free to visit family in Japan. This is our second time trying, as the first time our agent was not satisfied with the evidence we presented. We originally tried in March 2019, and now we're trying again over a year later... Fingers crossed!

ksin86

ksin86

Oct 8, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
29-06-2020

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Sent our application to Sydney, Nova Scotia last week. It was recieved yesterday by a T.MARTELL (7/2/2020).

I don’t see AOR1 for anyone in months post March from the tracker, is this true?

Reactions: annie11

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Sent our application to Sydney, Nova Scotia last week. It was recieved yesterday by a T.MARTELL (7/2/2020).

I don’t see AOR1 for anyone in months post March from the tracker, is this true?
100%

• Angry
Reactions: vruank

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am Canadian and about to apply for my South African husband, we are currently living in Dubai. Anyone with a similar situation? I am very nervous this process will be even longer due to Covid (of course).

Also, has anyone mentioned in their application they have 2 options on where they can reside in Canada / 2 Provinces?

Thanks!

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
I sent my app yesterday. Mailing company said It would take around 10 days to get there due to covid. Fingers crossed for things to get better soon.

Catherine1616

May 18, 2020

Hi vruank, just hope to ask did you receive a hand-signed signature image or a typed name on the tracking page. I used FedEx for delivery but they said they no longer do hand-signed signature due to the covid. Thanks

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
I sent my app yesterday. Mailing company said It would take around 10 days to get there due to covid. Fingers crossed for things to get better soon.
Ok, fair enough. Good luck! Can I ask where you are living and your spouses nationality? Feeling anxious to let this application go!

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Ok, fair enough. Good luck! Can I ask where you are living and your spouses nationality? Feeling anxious to let this application go!
We are both in Portugal.
With all this delays and no response since march, I was anxious to send it too. I just figured that, if I have my application ready to go, I might as well send it.
I felt way better since then, having my application with me was making second guess all my paperwork, always nervous I made some mistake or filled something the wrong way. Now I'm still a bit anxious but only because of the long waiting times.

indiesoda

Jul 9, 2020
Similar issue here. We sent an application package (spousal visa) by mail around April 2020 from Japan. It arrived about a week later. No response for about three months now. I'm assuming because of COVID-19 they must be severely backlogged.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
Similar issue here. We sent an application package (spousal visa) by mail around April 2020 from Japan. It arrived about a week later. No response for about three months now. I'm assuming because of COVID-19 they must be severely backlogged.
No AOR sent since around March. You can see how things are going in the first link provided in the second post of this tread.

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi vruank, just hope to ask did you receive a hand-signed signature image or a typed name on the tracking page. I used FedEx for delivery but they said they no longer do hand-signed signature due to the covid. Thanks
Name was typed on the tracking page. Yes, we checked the signature part with the FedEX guy as well but he was hesitant and said the same thing that they don't do it anymore due to covid.

Catherine1616

May 18, 2020
Name was typed on the tracking page. Yes, we checked the signature part with the FedEX guy as well but he was hesitant and said the same thing that they don't do it anymore due to covid.
Thanks for your reply! I just checked my tracking page it reads my package was delivered to 47 Dorchester st, Sydney. Was yours eventually delivered to 47 instead of 49 Dorchester st as well?