+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I honestly don't know how accurate your information is, cz there's visas issued specially for such things like birth or funerals, however TRV has nothing to do with the sponsorship process, but thank you for participating
The question was about speeding up pr process, not passport for a Candian child, who would not need a visa.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I honestly don't know how accurate your information is, cz there's visas issued specially for such things like birth or funerals, however TRV has nothing to do with the sponsorship process, but thank you for participating
Well any visa that is issued apart from permanent residence is classified as a TRV and that is what would be needed in order to attend a birth or funeral. You are correct is stating that TRV's have nothing to do with the sponsorship process but his*marty is also correct in pointing out that IRCC can actually deny the issuance of a TRV. Having a baby is not grounds for speeding up an application as they have to show due diligence by going through all the steps of the process and some steps are reliant on third parties for example security checks. Hopefully you will get your application approval soon.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey there, thanks for participating, did you mean to reply to me or to other person
You originally asked if having a child speeds outland sponsorship. The answer is the same - probably not. If the child is not a citizen, it will probably slow it down. If the child is citizen, will need travel documents (if abroad); that's separate from the sponsorship process.

Then you brought up the TRV issue, which is a completely different matter.

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
Well any visa that is issued apart from permanent residence is classified as a TRV and that is what would be needed in order to attend a birth or funeral. You are correct is stating that TRV's have nothing to do with the sponsorship process but his*marty is also correct in pointing out that IRCC can actually deny the issuance of a TRV. Having a baby is not grounds for speeding up an application as they have to show due diligence by going through all the steps of the process and some steps are reliant on third parties for example security checks. Hopefully you will get your application approval soon.
I agree with you that TRV are not guaranteed and it's case by case, but his statement was fathers trv's were dined gives an impression that there's no chance to get the TRV approved which i totally disagree with from my personal experience, however from what i remember while filling the sponsorship application that having child is somehow a proof that the couple's relationship is genuine and shows that its not a fraud, and maybe will makes it easier for the immigration officer to make his decision whether to accept or reject the sponsorship application, anyway i really appreciate your opinion and your time.

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
You originally asked if having a child speeds outland sponsorship. The answer is the same - probably not. If the child is not a citizen, it will probably slow it down. If the child is citizen, will need travel documents (if abroad); that's separate from the sponsorship process.

Then you brought up the TRV issue, which is a completely different matter.
Wasn't me who brought up the TRV mate, and yes i agree with you regarding citizenship of the baby, thanks.

Sweths

Jan 8, 2021
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13th July 2020
AOR Received.
Dec 17th 2020
File Transfer...
NDVO
Med's Request
Jan 14th 2021
Med's Done....
Jan 18th 2021
Hi. Unless it is an issue with the company that your friend works for with regards to the amount of time he/she has been off work. From IRCC point of view it should not be an issue as he/she will still be excercising residency obligations which to my understanding is being physically present in Canada for 3 out of 5 years. If your friend is thinking of persuing citizenship then they need to start seriously documenting any absences from Canada very meticulously as to my understanding you are only allowed to be out of Canada for a period of 730 days I think it is in a 5 year period but it is advisable to be absent for less. Hope this gives you some clarification. :)
Thank you . It's clear now

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you for participating? I was answering the question that having a child doesn't speed up the process. I was adding the information that people have been refused TRV's even to attend births of their child. Just because the event is happening doesn't mean you will be magically approved. No reason for you to be so rude and condescending.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
A child does not automatically prove a genuine marriage. End of story.

Furthermore, I didn't state that ALL fathers are denied TRV's. I am simply stating that denials happen even in this case, it's not a guarantee to get a TRV.

My point of adding a TRV to the discussion was that a baby does not guarantee anything.

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
A child does not automatically prove a genuine marriage. End of story.

Furthermore, I didn't state that ALL fathers are denied TRV's. I am simply stating that denials happen even in this case, it's not a guarantee to get a TRV.

My point of adding a TRV to the discussion was that a baby does not guarantee anything.
Evidence
SpouseDocumentary evidence should include:
  • a completed Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire (IMM 5532) (included in the application package)
  • a marriage certificate
  • proof of registration of marriage with a government (local, provincial, state or country) authority
  • proof of divorce if either the applicant or spouse was previously married
  • if the principal applicant and sponsor have children in common, long-form birth certificates or adoption records listing the names of both parents
  • wedding invitations and photos

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Evidence
  • a completed Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire (IMM 5532) (included in the application package)
  • a marriage certificate
  • proof of registration of marriage with a government (local, provincial, state or country) authority
  • if the principal applicant and sponsor have children in common, long-form birth certificates or adoption records listing the names of both parents
There's a distinction you're missing between evidence and proof.

Yes, it's pretty good evidence that it's a genuine relationship. Doesn't mean it's always accepted as sufficient or as 'proof'.

Or, returning to your original question, that it will speed things up. Perhaps if the relationship evidence was weak to start with and they just needed that one little bit extra - but if that was the case when the application was submitted, it might be a long process anyway.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Evidence
  • a marriage certificate
By this argument you can say that "a marriage certificate" as part of the documentary evidence proves a genuine relationship. What you're showing me is evidence they require to process an application - this is not proof that a marriage is genuine.

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
There's a distinction you're missing between evidence and proof.

Yes, it's pretty good evidence that it's a genuine relationship. Doesn't mean it's always accepted as sufficient or as 'proof'.

Or, returning to your original question, that it will speed things up. Perhaps if the relationship evidence was weak to start with and they just needed that one little bit extra - but if that was the case when the application was submitted, it might be a long process anyway.
Its not the case, but i do believe that somehow it has impact on the process however while filling form IMM 5532, it asks if the marriage is more than 2 years or if you have a child then no need to submit any other proof such as weeding pictures or joint bank account
Btw I don't think I'm missing any distinction.
And how i think it will speed up buy making it easy on the immigration officer to make his mind, plus to avoid any further interviews or evidence to proof that the relationship is genuine

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
By this argument you can say that "a marriage certificate" as part of the documentary evidence proves a genuine relationship. What you're showing me is evidence they require to process an application - this is not proof that a
By this argument you can say that "a marriage certificate" as part of the documentary evidence proves a genuine relationship. What you're showing me is evidence they require to process an application - this is not proof that a marriage is genuine.
Loool you literally don't know what you are talking about, just let it go

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
To put this in perspective for you, I know a fellow that married a woman that was his neighbour and they have an 8 year old son - all well before the sponsorship started. His wife has still been asked for an interview.

The evidence they require is part of the process of evidence not an all clear for approval. Just like in a justice proceeding, evidence must be submitted even for the criminal, but that doesn't prove his innocence. The fact is, even those that had ulterior motives to come to Canada have tried the baby angle as a somewhat of an "anchor baby." If it made sponsorship easier, we would see a lot of babies being born during the process.