+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
When you get your job offer/contract or whatever, that will be useful info to provide and I'd do it as soon as you get it. Even if they're not 'worried' about your intent to return, like any bureaucratic process, answering the question (before they've asked it) might speed things up, makes the officer's job that much easier. (Might not speed things up though certainly won't hurt)
Following your comment, I got an official letter from my employer confirming the move of my employment from our Dutch entity to our Canadian entity as of August 1st and just sent it via webform and email for Beijing VO where our application is. Hopefully, by confirming this before they request it, I'll avoid potential further delay down the road !

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Following your comment, I got an official letter from my employer confirming the move of my employment from our Dutch entity to our Canadian entity as of August 1st and just sent it via webform and email for Beijing VO where our application is. Hopefully, by confirming this before they request it, I'll avoid potential further delay down the road !
Good luck, will be interesting to see how Beijing handles.

My own highly speculative theory is that Beijing as a newly stood-up office is pretty 'junior' with staff (and acting as backup to other offices) and the requests for more docs on intent-to-return is partly a result of that - they're just asking because don't have the experience/authority to just decide on these cases so prepping for whomever makes the final decision (probably elsewhere).

Hopefully your submission will short-circuit that step as solid documentation in hand and they'll just move to decision (send to more senior officer for decision) but who knows.

Reactions: canadianexpat93

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Good luck, will be interesting to see how Beijing handles.

My own highly speculative theory is that Beijing as a newly stood-up office is pretty 'junior' with staff (and acting as backup to other offices) and the requests for more docs on intent-to-return is partly a result of that - they're just asking because don't have the experience/authority to just decide on these cases so prepping for whomever makes the final decision (probably elsewhere).

Hopefully your submission will short-circuit that step as solid documentation in hand and they'll just move to decision (send to more senior officer for decision) but who knows.
Fingers crossed ! At least, I will have tried by anticipating that request.
Interesting that Beijing is a new office, would definitely explain/rationalise at the very least why they are asking for more.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Interesting that Beijing is a new office, would definitely explain/rationalise at the very least why they are asking for more.
Sorry, not exactly a new office, but handling files from other countries it likely woudln't have, seemingly in a support function (not entirely clear). (I was thinking more of shanghai and guangzhu I think).

And yes - it would be one explanation. Of course, other explanations possible too, like they've decided on a new procedure or to scrutinize intent-to-return more than before. Someone here has suggested because of the long delay they want to 'check' if plans have changed; that makes less sense to me but not impossible.

Reactions: canadianexpat93

prankysayu

Oct 18, 2017
Hi Guys

Recently I called IRCC to confirm if the application has reached the Singapore VO, as was mentioned in the SA letter, but was surprised to find out that it has now being transferred to Beijing VO. I did try to ask if this was a mistake or has the VO been changed for our application, but didn't get any affirmative response from the agent.

Do any of you have any such sort of experience with your application? What would you suggest in this case or if there's anything to be concerned?

Please let us know about your opinions just to have some clarity.

Thanks and Regards
Rishi

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Hi Guys

Recently I called IRCC to confirm if the application has reached the Singapore VO, as was mentioned in the SA letter, but was surprised to find out that it has now being transferred to Beijing VO. I did try to ask if this was a mistake or has the VO been changed for our application, but didn't get any affirmative response from the agent.

Do any of you have any such sort of experience with your application? What would you suggest in this case or if there's anything to be concerned?

Thanks and Regards
Rishi
I've seen this for someone else, where it was going to Beijing not for processing but for digitalisation. If Singapore VO is on your SA letter, I would assume they will be the one processing your application. My SA letter had no VO mentioned on it and is now being processed in Beijing, but in your case there was one so I would assume they will follow the stated VO.

Sweths

Jan 8, 2021
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13th July 2020
AOR Received.
Dec 17th 2020
File Transfer...
NDVO
Med's Request
Jan 14th 2021
Med's Done....
Jan 18th 2021
A quick question here!
My friend who is a canadian PR and working for a firm in Canada came to India for a vacation. Stay is about to exceed 180 days , will that be an issue ? Now that flights have been cancelled until Jun 22nd.. looking for a suggestion here!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys

Thanks and Regards
Rishi
It was also announced that they are redistributing some of the applications from busier VO's to less busy VO's for processing.

Babydoll2305

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
A quick question here!
My friend who is a canadian PR and working for a firm in Canada came to India for a vacation. Stay is about to exceed 180 days , will that be an issue ? Now that flights have been cancelled until Jun 22nd.. looking for a suggestion here!
Hi. Unless it is an issue with the company that your friend works for with regards to the amount of time he/she has been off work. From IRCC point of view it should not be an issue as he/she will still be excercising residency obligations which to my understanding is being physically present in Canada for 3 out of 5 years. If your friend is thinking of persuing citizenship then they need to start seriously documenting any absences from Canada very meticulously as to my understanding you are only allowed to be out of Canada for a period of 730 days I think it is in a 5 year period but it is advisable to be absent for less. Hope this gives you some clarification. :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
A quick question here!
Is your friend currently sponsoring a spouse or just a PR who is abroad? There's no 180 day requirement for Canadian PRs. A PR sponsoring spouse must be resident in Canada; short trips are clearly allowed.

Reactions: Sweths

eratskie

Apr 6, 2021
Hi guys, just want to know if it is possible to request GCMS notes even I have an agent and how to request for it as my application for PR still no updates since March 19, 2020 (as per ECAS)

ECAS Status : "In process" again: We started processing your application on March 19, 2021

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys, just want to know if it is possible to request GCMS notes even I have an agent and how to request for it as my application for PR still no updates since March 19, 2020 (as per ECAS)

ECAS Status : "In process" again: We started processing your application on March 19, 2021
Yes, you can order it yourself/or your spouse.

Reactions: eratskie