+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
So a week after DM on the sponsor side, I received a physical copy of sponsor approval letter without details of visa office in my mailbox. Do i need to keep checking with IRCC to get information on the VO or will i be notified when and where the file is transferred? Weird though that they sent a physical letter instead of email on sponsor eligibility decision.

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM
So a week after DM on the sponsor side, I received a physical copy of sponsor approval letter without details of visa office in my mailbox. Do i need to keep checking with IRCC to get information on the VO or will i be notified when and where the file is transferred? Weird though that they sent a physical letter instead of email on sponsor eligibility decision.
Did you get AOR by e-mail or letter?
If you don't provide e-mail or gave a wrong one, they will send communication by letter. If you link your application o GCKEY you'll start getting letter via GCKEY.

Some people get notified, some don't. IRCC might send you a e-mail informing you of file transfer or you can get a AOR2 from your VO.
When you see "application received" on ECAS you know your file was transfered and reached the VO.
If you get "application received" on ECAS and no communication about it, you can call IRCC and ask about your VO.

Reactions: Aniavi

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Did you get AOR by e-mail or letter?
If you don't provide e-mail or gave a wrong one, they will send communication by letter. If you link your application o GCKEY you'll start getting letter via GCKEY.

Some people get notified, some don't. IRCC might send you a e-mail informing you of file transfer or you can get a AOR2 from your VO.
When you see "application received" on ECAS you know your file was transfered and reached the VO.
If you get "application received" on ECAS and no communication about it, you can call IRCC and ask about your VO.
Thank you for your response. I received AOR by email and was able to link the application to GCKey account. PA received medical request through GCKey account.

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
I heard that there’s a debate heating up about travel passports.

There’s no chance that my husband and I would be able to get vaccinated any time soon. Japan isn’t rolling out vaccines.

I hope there won’t be any issues with us (especially my husband) entering the country, because we won’t be vaccinated.

115harman

Mar 25, 2017
Me! Mine is same, "We started processing your file on 19th March 2021" But nothing since then.
Which VO?
Mine is same as well, "We started processing your file on 19th March 2021" I got DM and pre-arrival on 2nd Apr. Nothing after that.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Mine is same as well, "We started processing your file on 19th March 2021" I got DM and pre-arrival on 2nd Apr. Nothing after that.
Some people got the line exactly at the same timing lol
I haven't gotten pre arrival and DM tho, I hope we'll get next update coming soon!

Alexn

May 15, 2020
Portugal
Category........
FAM

There’s no chance that my husband and I would be able to get vaccinated any time soon. Japan isn’t rolling out vaccines.

I hope there won’t be any issues with us (especially my husband) entering the country, because we won’t be vaccinated.
I think the vaccination passport only applies to vacation travel. Right now if you want to go to some places, just for vacation, you can’t. With the vaccination passport you can travel for vacation, as long as you are vaccinated. People without vaccines can still travel as long as they have a valid reason. This is just my understanding of it, different countries might have a different approach.

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
JULY 22 Applicant
MP - 14 FEB, SA - 19TH FEB
Application Received - PA Side 13 April 2021

Interestingly we called IRCC and they said application is at NOVA SCOTIA and haven't sent anywhere

I know ECAS shows updates day after

So did they sent yesterday ?
Anyways good to see movement after 2 odd months

Ecas In process now
We started processing on 3 May line added
VO Ottawa

Reactions: Alexn and jckp

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Nothing has been done yet and Trudeau didn't endorse the idea just acknowledged it, he said it would be like vaccination records that people have needed to enter into some countries pre-covid. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I called IRCC to inquire on the VO and was told that the PA file has been transferred to Mississauga office instead of the overseas VO. PA is in India and we submitted an outland application and had assumed it would be transferred to VO of the PA's country. Curious on the transfer to Mississauga office and appreciate if anyone has information on how good Mississauga office is.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I called IRCC to inquire on the VO and was told that the PA file has been transferred to Mississauga office instead of the overseas VO. PA is in India and we submitted an outland application and had assumed it would be transferred to VO of the PA's country. Curious on the transfer to Mississauga office and appreciate if anyone has information on how good Mississauga office is.
There is a thread about the Mississauga office - you may want to join.

CPC Mississauga Updates

Reactions: Aniavi

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I called IRCC again today and the agent I spoke to today mentioned that my wife's file is still in central processing office, NS and it has not been transferred anywhere. weird that i get two different response.