Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
We finally got to send in our application through Royal Mail to Nova Scotia on the 20th of July. The mail service said it left the country on the 21st but no more updates since then. So we probably shouldn't expect any acknowledgement from CIC yet.

But! How are they meant to let us know that they got the application and hold application related correspondense? We weren't given the chance to apply online from the UK.

What happens now then?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
We finally got to send in our application through Royal Mail to Nova Scotia on the 20th of July. The mail service said it left the country on the 21st but no more updates since then. So we probably shouldn't expect any acknowledgement from CIC yet.

But! How are they meant to let us know that they got the application and hold application related correspondense? We weren't given the chance to apply online from the UK.

What happens now then?
Some guy at the door will sign for it and toss it in a huge pile with the rest.
Hope that helps

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Some guy at the door will sign for it and toss it in a huge pile with the rest.
Hope that helps
LMAO! That's to be expected.

But what I wanted to know is if there is a way to see them progressing through the steps. Or do we just keep waiting for months after months with the hope that they are processing?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
LMAO! That's to be expected.

But what I wanted to know is if there is a way to see them progressing through the steps. Or do we just keep waiting for months after months with the hope that they are processing?
Yeah when u get AOR and number u link to ECAS and get updates on your file.
You cant begin tracking until they assign u a file number. So far they havent touched "the pile" since March...before Covid AOR was taking 15 days.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
You cant begin tracking until they assign u a file number. So far they havent touched "the pile" since March...before Covid AOR was taking 15 days.
well! better to just forget about it for a while then.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
You can add yourself to the spreadsheet when it is received in Sydney.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-/edit#gid=1032392117

You can input your Royal Tracking Code into the Canada Post Tracker:

https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home

If on the Royal Mail tracker, it says it is at the HWDC Langley and on Canada Post, it says 'awaiting item', it means the package is stuck at the Royal Mail Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre. Mine got stuck there for three weeks and then only took a week to get to NS once in Canada. I figure it was because of limited planes and staff on both sides, due to COVID.

I think Royal Mail declares an item lost if it gets hung up in the system for 2 months plus or something like that, dependent on how an item was sent:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/317

Hope that helps.

Are you both in the UK?

Reactions: FAHIMBD

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
You can add yourself to the spreadsheet when it is received in Sydney.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-/edit#gid=1032392117

Hey Lotus,

Thanks for your very informative response.

May I know what that spreadsheet is for? Are you trying to do your own statistics?

You can input your Royal Tracking Code into the Canada Post Tracker:

https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home

If on the Royal Mail tracker, it says it is at the HWDC Langley and on Canada Post, it says 'awaiting item', it means the package is stuck at the Royal Mail Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre. Mine got stuck there for three weeks and then only took a week to get to NS once in Canada. I figure it was because of limited planes and staff on both sides, due to COVID.

I think Royal Mail declares an item lost if it gets hung up in the system for 2 months plus or something like that, dependent on how an item was sent:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/317

This is what royal mail says:

In transit: Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country.

Updated on: Tuesday 21 July
  1. 06:02am
    Item Leaving the UKLANGLEY HWDC

This is what Canada post says:

Delivery progress

Information updated: July 29

DateTimeProgress
July 216:02 amInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Gblala, United Kingdom

July 201:09 pmInternational item mailed in originating country
**********************, United Kingdom

Hope that helps.

Are you both in the UK?
Yes. We are both currently in the UK.

Do you know why this application can't be done online? Seems like that'd speed things up a lot.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
The spreadsheet is from this forum to track participating applicants, so that forum members can get an idea of how things progress for different streams / time periods and frames.

For Canada Post, after you enter your item's tracking code, there is a green bar at the top and below dates that are 'clickable' with drop down information. Once it is in Sydney, NS, the green bar should complete to the right. If you click on individual dates below where you enter your tracking code, it should say more about which sorting centres in Canada it has been to before and when in NS, like 'Mississauga (ON)', 'Bradford (ON)' and 'Sydney (NS)', if I remember rightly.

It looks like yours hasn't arrived Canada yet, from my experience. It looks to me like it is at the Royal Mail Heathrow sorting office - hope it doesn't get stuck there for ages like our paperwork!

I think family sponsorship applications are the last-ish application type to be upgraded to online. Friends applied to emigrate to Canada via express entry, I think, and they were shocked we had to do paper and post. I guess COVID might speed up moving from paper to online. I hope that's doesn't mean we get lost in the shuffle.

Are you the Canadian or is your spouse / partner?

Hope that helps.

LL

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
The spreadsheet is from this forum to track participating applicants, so that forum members can get an idea of how things progress for different streams / time periods and frames.
I guess its helpful then.

For Canada Post, after you enter your item's tracking code, there is a green bar at the top and below dates that are 'clickable' with drop down information. Once it is in Sydney, NS, the green bar should complete to the right. If you click on individual dates below where you enter your tracking code, it should say more about which sorting centres in Canada it has been to before and when in NS, like 'Mississauga (ON)', 'Bradford (ON)' and 'Sydney (NS)', if I remember rightly.

It looks like yours hasn't arrived Canada yet, from my experience. It looks to me like it is at the Royal Mail Heathrow sorting office - hope it doesn't get stuck there for ages like our paperwork!
Yeah. There's no update there on the Canada post site. The progress bar is empty. It just says "Waiting for Item there".

I think family sponsorship applications are the last-ish application type to be upgraded to online. Friends applied to emigrate to Canada via express entry, I think, and they were shocked we had to do paper and post. I guess COVID might speed up moving from paper to online. I hope that's doesn't mean we get lost in the shuffle.
OR! What if the Covid situation means that fewer people will be applying to go to Canada now? Shouldn't that mean that the overall load on the immigration system should be lower now? If I am not wrong, there should be a reduction in tourists, students and even foreign workers coming in now. Any delay then would be due to the immigration officers not getting to work the same way they used to before Covid.

Are you the Canadian or is your spouse / partner?

Hope that helps.

LL
My wife is the Canadian and I am Bangladeshi. I will also soon apply for a visit visa to go see my sister-in-law in December. She is pregnant and expecting to deliver in December. So we are planning to visit them then as that also allows us to celebrate Christmas with my wife's family.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I guess its helpful then.

Yeah. There's no update there on the Canada post site. The progress bar is empty. It just says "Waiting for Item there".

OR! What if the Covid situation means that fewer people will be applying to go to Canada now? Shouldn't that mean that the overall load on the immigration system should be lower now? If I am not wrong, there should be a reduction in tourists, students and even foreign workers coming in now. Any delay then would be due to the immigration officers not getting to work the same way they used to before Covid.

My wife is the Canadian and I am Bangladeshi. I will also soon apply for a visit visa to go see my sister-in-law in December. She is pregnant and expecting to deliver in December. So we are planning to visit them then as that also allows us to celebrate Christmas with my wife's family.
It seems then, that your package is at the Royal Mail Heathrow sorting site. Hope it gets to Canada soon! It sounds like you are in the UK, though not being also British?

That is very exciting about the new family member coming! Hope you get your visitor visa to have a nice holiday with them at the end of the year. A new baby is a great present for all the family to enjoy!

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
It seems then, that your package is at the Royal Mail Heathrow sorting site. Hope it gets to Canada soon! It sounds like you are in the UK, though not being also British?
Nah. Not British. I've been here in the UK for about 13 years now though.

That is very exciting about the new family member coming! Hope you get your visitor visa to have a nice holiday with them at the end of the year. A new baby is a great present for all the family to enjoy!
Indeed!

Uroojtayb

Jul 31, 2020
I sponsored my husband on July 10, 2019
Our case has been completed 100% on a progress bar however it also says “your case taking us longer than usual to process”
It’s been 20 days over the estimated date of completion was july 10,2020 but there’s no any updates.
AOR received on feb 28 2020.
anyone knows what to expect in this scenario?
how long they gonna take to approved tge case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Before covid AOR was not taking 15 days it was taking 6-8 weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I sponsored my husband on July 10, 2019
Our case has been completed 100% on a progress bar however it also says “your case taking us longer than usual to process”
It’s been 20 days over the estimated date of completion was july 10,2020 but there’s no any updates.
AOR received on feb 28 2020.
anyone knows what to expect in this scenario?
how long they gonna take to approved tge case?
Progress bar just shows progress of a typical case to give you an idea of when you might expect your case to be completed. It isn’t actually related to your case. Really depends on your situation and whether you will need an interview. Assume you’ve done the medical and biometrics?