+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

Inder99

Jul 18, 2020
I have use Canada Post Priority service to send the package.
Here is my tracking information:
July 10 12:15 pm Delivered to recipient's delivery partner Mississauga, ON
8:51 am Out for delivery Mississauga, ON
6:27 am Item processed Mississauga, ON
May 29 11:09 am Item accepted at the Post Office Scarborough, ON
I believe this is the longest delivery time of local parcel in my life.
This is just beginning. Someone in IRCC has told my friend my AOR1 may expect wait for more than 12 months.
I guess you should have used UPS or Puro than

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I have use Canada Post Priority service to send the package.
Here is my tracking information:
July 10 12:15 pm Delivered to recipient's delivery partner Mississauga, ON
8:51 am Out for delivery Mississauga, ON
6:27 am Item processed Mississauga, ON
May 29 11:09 am Item accepted at the Post Office Scarborough, ON
I believe this is the longest delivery time of local parcel in my life.
This is just beginning. Someone in IRCC has told my friend my AOR1 may expect wait for more than 12 months.
A person told your friend? Sure, the news is very unlikely!! Plus the agents are telling people that Mississauga office is fully operational...

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
A person told your friend? Sure, the news is very unlikely!! Plus the agents are telling people that Mississauga office is fully operational...
I do not sure it will take that long. But they still proccess AOR1 of February application package. This for myself opinion. It may be taken at least 6 months. I hope the process can be expedited.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I have a question, So I sent in the PR + OWP application together in July. I just read some post on here that I should have documents separately for OWP and PR. I think I only have 1 set of documents/proof thinking they will be reviewed by the same office. Would I have trouble when they try to process the OWP? How did you guys sent in the application, did you separate the 2 application with separate supporting documents? Anything I should do now?

MaryGO

Jun 4, 2020
I have a question, So I sent in the PR + OWP application together in July. I just read some post on here that I should have documents separately for OWP and PR. I think I only have 1 set of documents/proof thinking they will be reviewed by the same office. Would I have trouble when they try to process the OWP? How did you guys sent in the application, did you separate the 2 application with separate supporting documents? Anything I should do now?
Hi there,

As far as I know if you've followed the checklists and the online guides, you should be ok.
Example: We sent 2 statutory declarations of common law union, 1 for the OWP application and 1 for the sponsorship (not mandatory, but we sent it anyway as we'd rather err on the side of caution).

So if there's any mandatory documents on both checklists, then you should've sent 2 separate copies, one for each application.

If that's not what you did, then you may have issues as technically your application is incomplete. I'm not sure how you can rectify this, but I'd give the IRCC client support a call and wait for other replies from more experienced members.

Good luck!

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Could I send in the supporting documents again or like a new OWP application all together? Feeling a little dumb that I didn't recognize that is a separate application actually. Will they just deny the OWP or will they ask for documents?

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi there,

As far as I know if you've followed the checklists and the online guides, you should be ok.
Example: We sent 2 statutory declarations of common law union, 1 for the OWP application and 1 for the sponsorship (not mandatory, but we sent it anyway as we'd rather err on the side of caution).

So if there's any mandatory documents on both checklists, then you should've sent 2 separate copies, one for each application.

If that's not what you did, then you may have issues as technically your application is incomplete. I'm not sure how you can rectify this, but I'd give the IRCC client support a call and wait for other replies from more experienced members.

Good luck!
I didn't even know there was a separate checklist for the OWP, until today, I only thought I need the IMM5710 for OWP and pay for it. I thought the proof was included in the PR application. Sigh* now even more delay, plus the covid situation.

yami123

Jul 26, 2020
I didn't even know there was a separate checklist for the OWP, until today, I only thought I need the IMM5710 for OWP and pay for it. I thought the proof was included in the PR application. Sigh* now even more delay, plus the covid situation.
I did the exact same and send 1 copy for both applications. I think it’s fine cuz we are not the only one case apparently.

MaryGO

Jun 4, 2020
Oh, no.
Yes, there's a checklist for the OWP application as well (IMM 5556). I'm not sure, but I'm assuming because mistakes like this are probably made with some frequency, they must have a way for you to mail the documents that you missed or maybe send a brand new application and have the previous one cancelled altogether.

I'd call IRCC (best time to call is as soon as they open) and ask. They're not always helpful or knowledgeable, but you never know, they may have an answer for your problem.

You can also use the search engine here and see if anyone else has had a similar problem. If you can't find anything, maybe open a brand new thread.

Don't freak out, there's always a solution. You may have to wait a bit more, but I'm sure you'll find a way to resolve this. Let's wait for other members to reply as well.

This is the OWP guide, btw:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html

Last edited:

yami123

Jul 26, 2020
I also have only permanent resident application with receipt for both PR and OWP, and an additional OWP application form, because that’s that’s what I read on the application guide webpage....
The instruction is very unclear but I would assume the reason why we send both applications together is to avoid duplicate documents.

izzycat

Jul 8, 2015
Hi all! My application was delivered July 13. I had been trying in vain to link my account to the application (I didn't realize just how far behind they are) so I gave them a call. The rep I spoke to laughed at me and said that it'll probably be months before they open the envelope!

I have a valid study permit until Dec 2022 and a small part of me wonders if that's enough time!

Reactions: qsunsauce

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It always depends on the officer dealing with your papers. Some had their OWP returned for missing a marriage certificate although they had 1 copy with the PR application. Others OWP applications have been processed without success documents.

yami123

Jul 26, 2020
Hi, Have you tried to contact IRCC and what are you going to do in this situation?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It always depends on the officer dealing with your papers. Some had their OWP returned for missing a marriage certificate although they had 1 copy with the PR application. Others OWP applications have been processed without success documents.
Edit: Other’s OWP applications have been processed without SUCH documents.

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi, Have you tried to contact IRCC and what are you going to do in this situation?
I really have not done anything yet, as I highly doubt they have even gotten close to opening our application with all the delay. I guess I am just wishing they are like what the poster said above. I might give them a call if I get a AOR or update thought.

Reactions: yami123