Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, I am sponsoring my spouse as an inland application and we sent the sponsorship application along with open work permit application which was received on July 3, 2020. My spouse is here on a visitor visa and her status will expire in August (she came to Canada at the end of February 2020). Since we have included OWP as part of the application, does she still need to apply for an extension to her visitor visa? I've read on the forums that the OWP application in this package will grant her implied status even if her visitor status expires. Processing times have been affected because of the COVID situation and I'm not sure if we'll get any sort of confirmation before next month, so I do not want to put her immigration status at risk.

On another note, if she has a job offer in Canada currently, is there a way to expedite the OWP application so she can start working? Or is there any alternative for her to be able to work while these applications are being processed?
There is no way to expedite the OWP application. If she is an essential worker she might get it sooner than most

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
Finally submitted the application for spousal sponshorship PR + OWP. Canada post says it will be delivered to CPC.

yami123

Jul 26, 2020
Finally submitted the application for spousal sponshorship PR + OWP. Canada post says it will be delivered to CPC.
Hello, could u please let me know whether your application get delivered successfully?
I sent out my application through Canada post Xpressport on Jul 18, from Toronto to Mississauga, but the status shows “out for delivery - delivery pending” since Jul 20 and never got changed. So I’m wondering what it shows on yours... thanks in advance!!

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
Hello, could u please let me know whether your application get delivered successfully?
I sent out my application through Canada post Xpressport on Jul 18, from Toronto to Mississauga, but the status shows “out for delivery - delivery pending” since Jul 20 and never got changed. So I’m wondering what it shows on yours... thanks in advance!!
We're still waiting for it to be delivered. I posted it late friday night and they said it would delivered on monday/tuesday. I see it it out for delivery now. Hopefully gets delivered today.

yami123

Jul 26, 2020
We're still waiting for it to be delivered. I posted it late friday night and they said it would delivered on monday/tuesday. I see it it out for delivery now. Hopefully gets delivered today.
Did you send it to 2 Robert? Yes please keep me informed :’) Thank you in advance!

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Sent in our application for spousal sponshorship PR + OWP. Used UPS ship July 15, arrived July 17.
Hopefully they can start putting some application in the system soon.

Jmwilson

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hi guys.

application sent through canada post xpress. Received July 23rd. Outland. Jamaican husband. I’m stressed about if something is missing in my app that it’s going to take forever to come back as they are so behind in opening.:confused:

MaryGO

Jun 4, 2020
Mailed my sponsorship + OWP application via Canada post express on July 27th. Package received on July 31st.

Current OWP expiring in September, so I'm hoping they don't send it back because we forgot to sign a form or something similar or I'll be in trouble.

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
I have use Canada Post Priority service to send the package.
Here is my tracking information:
July 10 12:15 pm Delivered to recipient's delivery partner Mississauga, ON
8:51 am Out for delivery Mississauga, ON
6:27 am Item processed Mississauga, ON
May 29 11:09 am Item accepted at the Post Office Scarborough, ON
I believe this is the longest delivery time of local parcel in my life.
This is just beginning. Someone in IRCC has told my friend my AOR1 may expect wait for more than 12 months.