+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

CMcFarlane04

Feb 15, 2017
Hi folks. I submitted my application on the 14th of July. I guess I'll be waiting for a little! I did call this morning and couldn't get ahold of a person, just an automated system. Then I came here and someone was kind enough to link me this thread.

Just to be sure, as long as I have proof I sent it, I have implied status, right?

sameera11

Jul 29, 2017
Hello member i would like to get some info regarding Schedule A Background Declaration Imm5669 for Spousal Sponsorship Application
there are two forms which one should be completed With application
IMM 5669 06-2019e 2. IMM 5669 11-2018 e this one can be validated
confused which one used for spousal application
Any advice which one used most recently
thanks

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hey friends, also a July applicant here. Please don't forget to add your timeline to the spreadsheet here. This way, we can keep an eye on movement and keep each other updated :)

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello member i would like to get some info regarding Schedule A Background Declaration Imm5669 for Spousal Sponsorship Application
there are two forms which one should be completed With application
IMM 5669 06-2019e 2. IMM 5669 11-2018 e this one can be validated
confused which one used for spousal application
Any advice which one used most recently
thanks
I personally filled out IMM5669 11-2018 because it was the one linked in the check list.

Inder99

Jul 18, 2020
Hi folks. I submitted my application on the 14th of July. I guess I'll be waiting for a little! I did call this morning and couldn't get ahold of a person, just an automated system. Then I came here and someone was kind enough to link me this thread.

Just to be sure, as long as I have proof I sent it, I have implied status, right?
As far as I know, you get an implied status only after you receive AOR.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC

You get implied status when you apply for an OWP, and it is ONLY valid in-country. This implied status means absolutely nothing at the border, when you're entering Canada. Should your PR application get rejected/returned for any reason (missing signatures/docs, etc.), your implied status is immediately revoked, and you'll fall back on your visitor visa if it has any time left on it.

Masa2020

Sep 3, 2020
Hello! i have send my spousal sponsorship application on June 16. On July 15 i have sent my police check through email to complete my application, they got back to me and said they received the document but can not attach it cuz my application is not in the system yet. i did another follow up on Aug 24 they said that they don't have enough info to access my files..., i don't know what is happening :( . i was on study permit and it expired on Aug 31. I want to know if i am eligible for implied status now or i am just out of status? I was working before my permit end but i stoped for now, can i continue working as implied status ?

i am worried that they have never received my application. i accidentally lost my post recipe and can't follow up on the delivery status. was there any case before that they never received the application?

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello! i have send my spousal sponsorship application on June 16. On July 15 i have sent my police check through email to complete my application, they got back to me and said they received the document but can not attach it cuz my application is not in the system yet. i did another follow up on Aug 24 they said that they don't have enough info to access my files..., i don't know what is happening :( . i was on study permit and it expired on Aug 31. I want to know if i am eligible for implied status now or i am just out of status? I was working before my permit end but i stoped for now, can i continue working as implied status ?

i am worried that they have never received my application. i accidentally lost my post recipe and can't follow up on the delivery status. was there any case before that they never received the application?

Did you apply for an Open Work Permit? That is the only way you can have implied status.

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
So I believe you have implied status as a visitor until a decision is made on your OWP. I looked up this article here, it does say that you do need to cease studies related to your study permit but also says you cannot work or study until a decision is made.

Reactions: Masa2020

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
Hello! I sent my husband sponsorship application in july 3rd and today he received the biometric request letter, however service canada has suspended this service. Has anyone received this letter lately? What should we do?

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Are you sure it's a request? Or is it the biometrics fee reminder letter? A lot of the applicants March-June have been getting them.