+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
You can use this questionnaire here if he needs to give them again or not. If it says he doesn't need to give it again, then I'm assuming that you don't have to worry about the fee. I believe almost everyone will receive this biometrics fee reminder letter regardless if they paid or not.

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
Update on my part, received the biometrics fee reminder letter by email just now. Cogs do appear to be turning...

I wonder if this implies we passed the completeness check too?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Update on my part, received the biometrics fee reminder letter by email just now. Cogs do appear to be turning...

I wonder if this implies we passed the completeness check too?
No. That’s what the AOR is for.

Likely the bio email updates were just staff tearing open applications and grabbing the email address, and linking a temp file number to the application.

Reactions: kbigelow

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
Hey guys, great news. My wife just got the biometric reminder letter! Do we have to do anything? We had already paid the fees
If you've paid the fees then you're all good. Individual above seems rather sure that it doesn't imply we have passed the completeness check, so I guess that means the wait for AOR continues... :eek:

Leoro619

Sep 1, 2015
Hello everyone
I received that biometrics email as well. I have one question. I paid 1135 CAD but I don't 100% remember if i selected biometric option. Can someone tell me if the total fees including biometric adds up to 1135? Thanks!

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
Hello everyone
I received that biometrics email as well. I have one question. I paid 1135 CAD but I don't 100% remember if i selected biometric option. Can someone tell me if the total fees including biometric adds up to 1135? Thanks!
Morning. $1135 would add up to the correct amount (including biometrics) if you haven't also applied for the open work permit. I did apply for the open work permit and mine totalled $1390.

Leoro619

Sep 1, 2015
Morning. $1135 would add up to the correct amount (including biometrics) if you haven't also applied for the open work permit. I did apply for the open work permit and mine totalled $1390.
Thanks. I did not apply for OWP. Current work permit is valid till august 2021 and if it keeps getting delayed will apply for OWP early next year.
According to fee calculator 1050+85 = 1135 CAD. I should be fine i guess. Can I email them and ask? Would they know?
Thanks

znxy123

May 18, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
Thanks. I did not apply for OWP. Current work permit is valid till august 2021 and if it keeps getting delayed will apply for OWP early next year.
According to fee calculator 1050+85 = 1135 CAD. I should be fine i guess. Can I email them and ask? Would they know?
Thanks
You could try if you really wanted, might be a case of quoting your receipt number. You can also login to the payment system here (https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?mngRdr=true) with the details you used when paying to check your payment history, though it doesn't give you a breakdown of what individual things you paid for.

I personally wouldn't go through the hassle of contacting IRCC over this though. If you paid $1135, then for your situation you've paid the right amount. :)

izzycat

Jul 8, 2015
I misunderstood the biometrics guidelines, I for some reason thought Americans didn't need to provide them. I don't think we've received the email reminder yet. I can pay it and send in the receipt once they send the reminder, right? Or will they return the application? Yikes

canadaengland

Sep 15, 2020
Hi! We submitted our PR application in July 2020. Currently, his visitor visa expires in October, however because we've submitted for PR does this mean status is implied? Or will we need to try to extend the visitor visa again?

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi! We submitted our PR application in July 2020. Currently, his visitor visa expires in October, however because we've submitted for PR does this mean status is implied? Or will we need to try to extend the visitor visa again?
Status is only implied if your partner also applied for Open Work Permit, but the recommendation is to re-extend anyways because we don't know when our open work permit will be approved. Personally, I applied for a visitor visa extension last month just to be safe.

Reactions: canadaengland