July 2020 - Citizenship application

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any feedback on the request for passport pages? Also how long did it take to get an update after submitting the documents?
I would recommend following up via webform once you submit the passport pages. They "lost" mine even though I sent them via the email they provided and did not inform or update me for like 6 months. Only after I filled out the webform, they came back and said that they did not receive. I pointed them to the email (screenshotted and everything) and 2 months later they said "oh, everything is ok, we have received them". Got my DM 9 months after the page request because of their ridiculous disfunction. So, in case you're unlucky like me, send the webform and attach the pages there as well.

Sajid3157

Sep 13, 2012
Thanks rajkamalmohanram. The "In Process" date started on 7th January, 2021
Hi @rajkamalmohanram,

I would like to update my status as follows that can be added into spreadsheet:

Application Sent: 4th July, 2020
Application delivered: 9th July, 2020
AOR Received: 5th November, 2020
Background check completed: 23rd April, 2021
Test invitation email: 29th July, 2021 (for both husband and wife) for dated between 3rd and 23rd August, 2021
Test taken dates: 14th August, 2021 (for husband) and 22nd August, 2021 (for wife)
Interview date: 29th June, 2022 (only for husband. No interview for wife)
Decision made: 18th July, 2022 (for husband) and 25th February, 2022 (for wife)
Application Type: Family (2 Adults, 1 child)
Days of physical presence at application date: 1106
Location of residence: Brampton

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Hi everyone, I have an update questions

Update - cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard changed today to say I've been scheduled for oath ceremony on Aug 3rd. No indication of where the oath ceremony will be, says the details will be in the "instructions we sent you", which I've not yet recieved.

Questions - I'll be out of the country from July 21st to Aug 4th. Will the oath ceremony be virtual? Will the instructions be emailed or posted? Even if I can do it virtually from overseas, what will be the implications for me trying to re-enter Canada by air on Aug 4th as a citizen without a Canadian passport?

thanks!

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga

Update - cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard changed today to say I've been scheduled for oath ceremony on Aug 3rd. No indication of where the oath ceremony will be, says the details will be in the "instructions we sent you", which I've not yet recieved.

Questions - I'll be out of the country from July 21st to Aug 4th. Will the oath ceremony be virtual? Will the instructions be emailed or posted? Even if I can do it virtually from overseas, what will be the implications for me trying to re-enter Canada by air on Aug 4th as a citizen without a Canadian passport?

thanks!
You have to be in Canada to take oath, even if it is virtual. According to the information on this forum, there are no exceptions.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016

thanks!
You will have issues entering Canada without a Canadian passport as a Canadian citizen. Sometimes this is easily resolved with a border agent but seeing the way things are at airports I would avoid any issues personally and just cancel my trip or else reschedule your oath ceremony for after you've returned

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi, so 12 weeks ago an agent responded to my email about when my oath ceremony would be and said that I'd be called in 6-10 weeks. Unfortunately I knew it wasn't going to happen and didn't believe them. Is there any point in my submitting a web form or is it pointless? It's 25 months since my application arrived with IRCC, 14 months since I passed my test and my profile changed to all complete apart from oath in late October 2021. There was a ghost update on July 5 2022 but nothing has happened since.

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, so 12 weeks ago an agent responded to my email about when my oath ceremony would be and said that I'd be called in 6-10 weeks. Unfortunately I knew it wasn't going to happen and didn't believe them. Is there any point in my submitting a web form or is it pointless? It's 25 months since my application arrived with IRCC, 14 months since I passed my test and my profile changed to all complete apart from oath in late October 2021. There was a ghost update on July 5 2022 but nothing has happened since.
We're exactly in the same situation. 25 months, 11 months since test etc..I think it's still worth calling/submitting webform and doing everything that's possible to get them going.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
We're exactly in the same situation. 25 months, 11 months since test etc..I think it's still worth calling/submitting webform and doing everything that's possible to get them going.
The thing that made me hesitate is that it says to use it if you're over the processing time and when I checked it said 27 months and we're on 25 so I fear it'll just antagonize them further. When we applied it was 6-7 months as the processing time. Did you submit one?

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The thing that made me hesitate is that it says to use it if you're over the processing time and when I checked it said 27 months and we're on 25 so I fear it'll just antagonize them further. When we applied it was 6-7 months as the processing time. Did you submit one?
Yes, and I've called them multiple times. They left the note on my file, but said they cannot give me additional information on the timeline. I mean, we're demanding our normal right, not antagonizing. And if they perceive it that way then shame on them. They are the antagonists here, not us

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Yes, and I've called them multiple times. They left the note on my file, but said they cannot give me additional information on the timeline. I mean, we're demanding our normal right, not antagonizing. And if they perceive it that way then shame on them. They are the antagonists here, not us
Honestly, I just want the whole thing over. I'm tired of making career and vacation decisions around making sure I'm available to attend an oath ceremony and then go through what seems to be a painful passport process if you even get sent your certificate. After this terrible process and a decade of taxes and no vote, I'm really not excited about becoming a Canadian anymore, which is really a shame.

patnaik7

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-10-2017
AOR Received.
09-11-2017
File Transfer...
28-11-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
27-07-2018
Passport Req..
03-08-2018
Did my test in Dec, and still waiting for Oath date. There was a ghost update Feb 7th 2022, and nothing after that. Sucks.
FINALLY!
Oath invitation received this morning for Aug 8. Hang in there guys...everyone should get done in the next couple of weeks.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Honestly, I just want the whole thing over. I'm tired of making career and vacation decisions around making sure I'm available to attend an oath ceremony and then go through what seems to be a painful passport process if you even get sent your certificate. After this terrible process and a decade of taxes and no vote, I'm really not excited about becoming a Canadian anymore, which is really a shame.
It's human nature to think the grass is greener on the other side. The "perfect" spot/job/spouse only exists in our goddamn mind which is just an illusion..

Akki07

Jul 15, 2022
Try calling them. I did the same and was told by agent that my file was transferred to Niagara falls office on june 10th so I waited for 2 weeks but nothing so at the end of month i emailed Niagara falls office they said I was scheduled for oath on August 3rd and day after that my tracker updated fir oath snd yesterday I received the oath email

Reactions: Dreamlad

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Try calling them. I did the same and was told by agent that my file was transferred to Niagara falls office on june 10th so I waited for 2 weeks but nothing so at the end of month i emailed Niagara falls office they said I was scheduled for oath on August 3rd and day after that my tracker updated fir oath snd yesterday I received the oath email
I have emailed the Niagra falls office and the Ottawa Office (processing office) but there has been no reply. Can you please post the email you sent the correspondence too in Niagra? Thanks,

Reactions: Dreamlad

Sajid3157

Sep 13, 2012
Hi @rajkamalmohanram,

I would like to update my status as follows that can be added into spreadsheet:

Application Sent: 4th July, 2020
Application delivered: 9th July, 2020
AOR Received: 5th November, 2020
Background check completed: 23rd April, 2021
Test invitation email: 29th July, 2021 (for both husband and wife) for dated between 3rd and 23rd August, 2021
Test taken dates: 14th August, 2021 (for husband) and 22nd August, 2021 (for wife)
Interview date: 29th June, 2022 (only for husband. No interview for wife)
Decision made: 18th July, 2022 (for husband) and 25th February, 2022 (for wife)
Application Type: Family (2 Adults, 1 child)
Days of physical presence at application date: 1106
Location of residence: Brampton

Hi @rajkamalmohanram,

Thanks for updating my status progress in spreadsheet. I would like to mention that I have now reached towards the last stage of my citizenship application process as follows:

Oath Letter date: 27th July, 2022 (for all 3 family members)
Oath Ceremony date: 3rd August, 2022 (for all 3 family members)