+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

zi

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Congrats.

I received an update that they scheduled an in-person interview to verify the documents "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS"

How was your interview?
it’s just routine chat, and documents verification.

Reactions: Yawza

patnaik7

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-10-2017
AOR Received.
09-11-2017
File Transfer...
28-11-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
27-07-2018
Passport Req..
03-08-2018
Great question. I passed my test over a year ago there, got a DM 8 months ago. Had massive effects on my work and travel plans etc. Just really shocking isn't it?
Did my test in Dec, and still waiting for Oath date. There was a ghost update Feb 7th 2022, and nothing after that. Sucks.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Did my test in Dec, and still waiting for Oath date. There was a ghost update Feb 7th 2022, and nothing after that. Sucks.
Just noticed a ghost update on June 20 so maybe someone updated something regarding Oath. Not really sure. Will update once I know

Reactions: Dreamlad

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Happy Canada Day everyone who is still waiting. This is my third since mailing my application. I have to admit I have a bit of a sour taste due to the way this has dragged on and I'm sure others feel the same.

Reactions: Dreamlad

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello all, I did my interview yesterday and the agent didn’t really say much, just said she will connect with me if she requires any further documents. Today I saw there was just a ghost update, but nothing was completed. So what does that mean?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hello all, I did my interview yesterday and the agent didn’t really say much, just said she will connect with me if she requires any further documents. Today I saw there was just a ghost update, but nothing was completed. So what does that mean?
As far as I can work out that ghost update means they put you in a queue for the oath ceremony. You won't see an actual update until they have you scheduled for a specific date and then you'll get an email the week of the ceremony. Something like that...

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
As far as I can work out that ghost update means they put you in a queue for the oath ceremony. You won't see an actual update until they have you scheduled for a specific date and then you'll get an email the week of the ceremony. Something like that...
Oh my gosh! I really hope that’s true! I’ve been waiting for this ! How long do you think it takes after the interview for them sending an email for oath?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Btw, they didn’t update the prohibitions, language and physical presence. Will they update that later?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Oh my gosh! I really hope that’s true! I’ve been waiting for this ! How long do you think it takes after the interview for them sending an email for oath?
Ahhh I thought maybe everything had been updated already apart from oath. So maybe the prohibitions will be updated next (in a few days) which in effect means decision made. The oath is a bit of a wild card and depends on where you are. I'm in Ottawa and have been waiting over 8 months since everything was completed and a decision made.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Oath 17/05 citizenship certificate received 24/05. Thanks everyone. It was a great journey. Everyone was so supportive. Best of luck to those who are next in line.
Hey did you ask for urgent certificate ?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Ahhh I thought maybe everything had been updated already apart from oath. So maybe the prohibitions will be updated next (in a few days) which in effect means decision made. The oath is a bit of a wild card and depends on where you are. I'm in Ottawa and have been waiting over 8 months since everything was completed and a decision made.
Oh man! Good luck to you as well! Just hope this gets done asap!

braheem

Jan 30, 2018
Hi seniors, just got passport pages request. Is it normal? Can you recommend translator I have one stamp in Arabic.
Any feedback on the request for passport pages? Also how long did it take to get an update after submitting the documents?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Any feedback on the request for passport pages? Also how long did it take to get an update after submitting the documents?
They asked me to send it right before the interview and now it's been 3 months since the interview.

Reactions: braheem