+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

Akki07

Jul 15, 2022
I have emailed the Niagra falls office and the Ottawa Office (processing office) but there has been no reply. Can you please post the email you sent the correspondence too in Niagra? Thanks,
IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca
This is the email I mailed them 1st time and mentioned that I have been waiting for oath since December 2021 after everything got completed. Nd they reply me back by this:
Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. We appreciate your patience.
Your application is currently in queue to receive a notification to appear for ceremony in the coming months. Please hold off from booking travel so as not to invalidate your PR Status after having taken the Canadian Citizenship Oath. Should you need to request urgency, please clearly provide your UCI/Application Number, the reason you are requesting urgency and any additional documents that prove urgency. Please note, leisure travel will not be approved for urgency.

Then I emailed them second time saying that I am July 2020 applicant and gave my UCI, application number and date of birth. After 2 days i got reply that
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. We appreciate your patience.
Our records indicate that you have been scheduled for a citizenship oath ceremony on 2022/08/03 10:15AM
ceremony.

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca
This is the email I mailed them 1st time and mentioned that I have been waiting for oath since December 2021 after everything got completed. Nd they reply me back by this:
Good day,
Your application is currently in queue to receive a notification to appear for ceremony in the coming months. Please hold off from booking travel so as not to invalidate your PR Status after having taken the Canadian Citizenship Oath. Should you need to request urgency, please clearly provide your UCI/Application Number, the reason you are requesting urgency and any additional documents that prove urgency. Please note, leisure travel will not be approved for urgency.

Then I emailed them second time saying that I am July 2020 applicant and gave my UCI, application number and date of birth. After 2 days i got reply that
Our records indicate that you have been scheduled for a citizenship oath ceremony on 2022/08/03 10:15AM
ceremony.
Congrats! On a side note, does anyone know of a similar email address for the Mississauga office? I need to get this oath done before the end of August, but they do not seem to be in any rush at all.

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Congrats! On a side note, does anyone know of a similar email address for the Mississauga office? I need to get this oath done before the end of August, but they do not seem to be in any rush at all.
hi, it should be the email that they sent you your test invite from. I responded to that one for the Ottawa office. It took around 3-4 weeks to receive a response. I've mailed twice since and received no reply (8 weeks ago and last week).

Reactions: VoL@ND

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
@Akki07 I was reading the first email you got and I was wondering what " Please hold off from booking travel so as not to invalidate your PR Status after having taken the Canadian Citizenship Oath." means?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
@Akki07 I was reading the first email you got and I was wondering what " Please hold off from booking travel so as not to invalidate your PR Status after having taken the Canadian Citizenship Oath." means?
As I understand it: once you get your citizenship, your PR card and status are no longer valid. But because you have to destroy your PR card as part of the ceremony, you have no documents other than the certificate, which you have to use to get a passport. So you can leave Canada with your home country passport but can't reenter Canada until you have a Canadian passport, otherwise you would be entering Canada with a foreign passport but as a tourist which would violate your residency/work permit status etc. I'm sure someone can explain it better

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
I would recommend following up via webform once you submit the passport pages. They "lost" mine even though I sent them via the email they provided and did not inform or update me for like 6 months. Only after I filled out the webform, they came back and said that they did not receive. I pointed them to the email (screenshotted and everything) and 2 months later they said "oh, everything is ok, we have received them". Got my DM 9 months after the page request because of their ridiculous disfunction. So, in case you're unlucky like me, send the webform and attach the pages there as well.
-Colour passport copies was a new request, can’t imagine why it really needs.
- Now a new request is; proofs of exit/ entry in Canada , if you gave citizenship test outside of Canada.
So, keep your boarding passes & e-tickets, may be you should be asked. Be prepared!
- For me this month August 2022, is 25th month from the day I applied.
BG completed ✅
Test completed ✅
Colour copies completed ✅
Proof of exit/ entry after my Test , given outside of Canada, completed ✅
All the rest in progress
25 months waiting, living in stressful situations. PR card expired, passport expired, Travel Document never arrived, waiting.
What is going on, people?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
- Now a new request is; proofs of exit/ entry in Canada , if you gave citizenship test outside of Canada.
So, keep your boarding passes & e-tickets, may be you should be asked. Be prepared!
BG completed ✅
Test completed ✅
All the rest in progress
25 months waiting, living in stressful situations. PR card expired, passport expired, Travel Document never arrived, waiting.
27 months already.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
I deeply feel sorry for the applicants !
BG completed ✅
Test completed ✅
All the rest in progress
Are u a protected person PR ?
somebody told me that PPR applicants are waiting longer. I do feel sorry for my life!

mkwblue

Jan 27, 2021
Edmonton
Please update the spreadsheet, sorry about the delay!

I changed province from Alberta (Edmonton) to Ontario (Mississauga)

App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1116
App. Delivered: July 6, 2020
In Process: January19, 2021
Test Invite Letter date: December 2, 2021
Test Taken date: December 25, 2021
Oath Letter Date: May 9, 2022
Oath Ceremony: May 13, 2022

Thank you

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021

Thank you
Congratulations

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi,

Thank you
does changing province affect your processing times at all? I've refrained from moving in case it delays me even more.